Audio Need info on import

sandsha2

Recruit
Hi,

I have ordered a havi b3 pro 1 from lmue. I see the status as CRC BANGLORE STG TD since 27th Dec, could someone please let me know how many more days it may take to receive the parcel?

Thanks,

It depends on the number of parcels that need to be dispatched from CRC BANGLORE STG. It ranges from 3-14 days. Last month I also faced the same issue. My item was in CRC BANGLORE STG for more than a week. As I was worried about my item, I went to the office to inquire. There they had thousands of parcels from abroad. They first divide the parcels by area and then dispatch parcel bags one by one to each area. This process may take time. Wait for one more week. If you did not receive the item even then, go to the office and complain.

@Sandsha - You are welcome.
Sandynator - In 90% of cases no customs will be charged. There are 10% of chances for customs to charge on an earphone. However, it will be very minimal.

Any customs duty charged?
I may book VSD3S or GR07 classic latter this year from lendmeurears & very much worried about customs.
BTW I'm from Mumbai & postal customs are terribly strict here.
If it comes via DHL/Fedex, there is a 90% chance of customs.

But if the package is small and comes via post, no customs in Mumbai as well.

Bro I had hell of time clearing my twin pack of Brainwavz M5 ..... may be my bad luck.. :(
Booked on 31st oct. reached india Mumbai directly through airmail on12th nov. & was stuck for 2 week there..
Moreover was slapped 100% customs duty.

As being an importer, custom department of India has become more strict, they are now keen to explore what's inside it and it's value, they can even ask you the proof of payment. It may be because of Shri Modi's sarkar.

Personally or for personal use shipments, they were not this much strict before but now they are more strict. It is now hard to get the shipments passed from their officers. I have been getting charged custom duty for the items I purchase for my personal use so I have stopped buying products from overseas for personal use. I have even lost my Atrio MG7 in the transit.

It will be your luck if it gets passed from their hands without exploring the box and without being charged custom duty.

Last edited:
@abhi_jollyguy

Totally agree with you..

Offlate its very strict but especially more with Mumbai Customs as per many clearing & forwarding agents. Many route their packages through delhi & ship it here through roadways.

Any customs duty charged?
I may book VSD3S or GR07 classic latter this year from lendmeurears & very much worried about customs.
BTW I'm from Mumbai & postal customs are terribly strict here.
No customs duty charged , and lmue didn't even mark the package as gift. May be I was little lucky :) , mine came through post..

@Sandsha - You are welcome.
Sandynator - In 90% of cases no customs will be charged. There are 10% of chances for customs to charge on an earphone. However, it will be very minimal.

As per info from customs dept. who sit at Mumbai FPO.
If total value under 2000 INR i.e Cost of goods[1] + Shipping[2] + Insurance[3] + 1% on the total 1+2+3 as landing charges
14% duty on cost of goods
& if total value above 2000 INR then straight away 41.5% customs duty

Electronic gifts under 2k exempted from duty.

In my case they did not see the gift part on invoice when I send the package back for Revaluation.

I had paid approx 1725 for brainwavz m5 dual pack while was charged 1690[includes 30 rupees as postal fees] initially latter after 2 weeks when I called up it was reduced to 1471 only so then I visited FPO at ballard pier, Mumbai almost at closing hours & had to argue that to with Lady Govt. Employee ;) & prove them it was gift. To my luck a guys came who was keen to know exact issue & understood my case. Finally got it corrected to 291 [including 30 rupees postal fees]on the spot but had to wait for 2 day for other process to complete.
Collected package on 3rd day. Had to visit 4 times to FPO to check status & wasted almost 120 rupees as one way taxi fare too ;)

Order booked on 31-10-2014 & collected package on 17th Dec 2014 after all drama.

The part about 41.5% ain't true at all.

And they now know about the "gift" scam people use, so it does not matter much, but my last 7 Brainwavz orders via post have been duty free.

check receipt...
Screenshot_2015-01-09-12-42-49.png

The part about 41.5% ain't true at all.

And they now know about the "gift" scam people use, so it does not matter much, but my last 7 Brainwavz orders via post have been duty free.

41.5% duty which he told is way less, I was charged whopping 95-98% duty for my ifi iusb, imercury usb cable and dual headed gemini cable. Hence, I decided not to import any personal shipments since then.

I think they use some random number generator lol, the last item i picked up from a foreign store were some cd's from Germany last year, the cd's cost 1200 and i had to pay additional 1k at the post office :/

I haven't imported anything lately, but have always been charged either 21% or 30% as duties. Sometimes skipped.

I thought customs were 21% for computer peripherals, 26% for headphones and earphones and 30% for other electronics.

Where is the 42% and 100% coming from? Has the tariffs changed lately?

Last edited:
Could someone let me know where is this CRC BANGLORE STG TD located(address). If possible a contact number to call and ask. My status changed like below

12/30/2014 7:42:00 PM CHINA 310053 Receive item from customer (Otb) Air unknown
1/4/2015 9:14:00 AM CHINA BEIJING Insert item into bag (Otb) Air unknown
1/11/2015 4:28:04 PM INDIA KOLKATA FOREIGN LCAO Receive item at office of exchange (Inb) Air KOLKATA AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE
1/11/2015 6:59:45 PM INDIA KOLKATA FOREIGN LCAO Send item to customs (Inb) Air BANGALORE SFE
1/28/2015 2:37:02 PM INDIA BANGALORE SUB FGN POST Return item from customs (Inb) Air BANGALORE SFE
1/28/2015 2:44:26 PM INDIA BANGALORE SUB FGN POST Send item to domestic location (Inb) Air CRC BANGLORE STG TD
1/29/2015 4:07:03 PM INDIA WHITEFIELD Deliver item (Inb) Air KOLKATA AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE

Is that being sent back? If so how can I stop and collect?

@Audiopile @sandsha2
Thanks in advance

Could someone let me know where is this CRC BANGLORE STG TD located(address). If possible a contact number to call and ask. My status changed like below

12/30/2014 7:42:00 PM CHINA 310053 Receive item from customer (Otb) Air unknown
1/4/2015 9:14:00 AM CHINA BEIJING Insert item into bag (Otb) Air unknown
1/11/2015 4:28:04 PM INDIA KOLKATA FOREIGN LCAO Receive item at office of exchange (Inb) Air KOLKATA AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE
1/11/2015 6:59:45 PM INDIA KOLKATA FOREIGN LCAO Send item to customs (Inb) Air BANGALORE SFE
1/28/2015 2:37:02 PM INDIA BANGALORE SUB FGN POST Return item from customs (Inb) Air BANGALORE SFE
1/28/2015 2:44:26 PM INDIA BANGALORE SUB FGN POST Send item to domestic location (Inb) Air CRC BANGLORE STG TD
1/29/2015 4:07:03 PM INDIA WHITEFIELD Deliver item (Inb) Air KOLKATA AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE

Is that being sent back? If so how can I stop and collect?

@Audiopile @sandsha2
Thanks in advance
It says deliver item.

It's been delivered.

Send item to domestic location = sent to closest post office.

Then delivered.

Back