Need to build a PC - CPU, Mobo, GPU, Cabinet


abdelazeez

New Member
Disciple
Oct 15, 2009
31
0
0
37
BHULLAR BOYS said:
Proccy- Intel Dual Core E5300 -3.3k

M/B- Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L -2.4k ,

Ram- Corsair CM2X2048-6400 2GB -2.2k

GPU-Sapphire HD 4670 512MB DDR-III [HDMI] -4.3k

HDD- WD 250GB Blue 3.5" -2k

Cabinet- Zebronics Bijili cabby w/o SMPS - 1.1k

PSU - Zebronics Pro 350w -1.5k

Micorsoft/Logitech combo - 0.7k

Total -17.5k

+1 awesome rig under ur budget
Thanks my friend. Guess what I've just bought a similar configuration 2 days ago with a few changes here n there (like a 1TB WD Green HDD, and 1GB HD5670 GPU) :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Saqib_Khan

I somehow took home the wrong CPU-Z version (took 64bit while my OS was 32bit) so it didn't work.

However, Intel's official Processor Identification Utility told me just what I wanted to hear. The processor IS an E7500 C2D at 2.93Ghz, 1066MHz FSB and 3MB L2 Cache, L1 data and instruction cache both are 2x32KB! All specs shown by the utility for my CPU match exactly with those of the E7500, and guess what I did a fresh install of Win7 last night, AND found that it too shows E7500 in MyComputer Properties. I guess I should just thank God for this wonderfully pleasant surprise. (Screenshots attached)

Now to the not so happy part, the dealer did give me a 400R VIP SMPS. I checked the model no. on the SMPS itself (screenshot attached) and now we know that a 400R is rated at 280W. I spoke with him on phone and asked him to check the specs of the HD5670 to know that it needs a minimum 400W SMPS. Lets see how this goes IA.

Meanwhile the GPU is yet to arrive coz it seems his supplier couldn't deliver it on time; he said he'll get it by tomorrow hopefully.

Comparing the E5300 and the E7500--> http://ark.intel.com/Compare.aspx?ids=35300,36503,
 

Attachments

saqib_khan

Active Member
Adept
Feb 19, 2009
907
8
32
31
www.technostarry.com
^^Yeah, you got a damn good Processor and that too for the price of E5300. ok and I was right about the SMPS also. Yours is also a 280W. My advice is not to even try running that 5670 on this SMPS. Or you're gonna fry something.
 

abdelazeez

New Member
Disciple
Oct 15, 2009
31
0
0
37
saqib_khan said:
^^Yeah, you got a damn good Processor and that too for the price of E5300. ok and I was right about the SMPS also. Yours is also a 280W. My advice is not to even try running that 5670 on this SMPS. Or you're gonna fry something.
*Smiles thinking about the E7500!* Guess what, CPU Z showed E7500 too, so I'm 99.99999% sure now :) When I was very new to computers, (about 10 yrs ago) I'd heard there was a setting which you could do to the M/B or the Bios that could make a processor look like something else... Not sure if it was a stupid joke or what back then.

Yes the SMPS is 280W. I spoke with the dealer and told him about it, and he said a 400W 'Silver' VIP SMPS costs 1250, and he'll subtract 400/- in return for this one. Does a 400R cost just Rs400/-, or is he trying to cheat me?

Hey BTW, it seems he's having trouble getting the HD5670. Do you know of any vendors in Pune whom I could check out? I've already exhausted most of my PC vendor contacts and none have it in stock (or at a price of Rs 7450/- + 4%vat).

Thanks.
 

DarkAngel

Well-Known Member
Veteran
Apr 10, 2009
6,419
321
222
abdelazeez said:
Yes the SMPS is 280W. I spoke with the dealer and told him about it, and he said a 400W 'Silver' VIP SMPS costs 1250, and he'll subtract 400/- in return for this one. Does a 400R cost just Rs400/-, or is he trying to cheat me?

Hey BTW, it seems he's having trouble getting the HD5670. Do you know of any vendors in Pune whom I could check out? I've already exhausted most of my PC vendor contacts and none have it in stock (or at a price of Rs 7450/- + 4%vat).

Thanks.
Get it from TE.
Mediahome.in sells the 512MB HD5670 for Rs.5500 and the 1GB version for Rs.6700 INR including VAT. Shipping should be 100-150rs~

Also get a decent PSU like the FSP SAGAII 400W - Rs.1990 or the Gigabyte Superb 460w-Rs.2200
If on a very tight budget at least get the FSP SAGAII 350w - Rs.1450 Shipping is 150-200rs~

FSP is a major PSU OEM and is much better than the VIP ones.
 

saqib_khan

Active Member
Adept
Feb 19, 2009
907
8
32
31
www.technostarry.com
abdelazeez; said:
Yes the SMPS is 280W. I spoke with the dealer and told him about it, and he said a 400W 'Silver' VIP SMPS costs 1250, and he'll subtract 400/- in return for this one. Does a 400R cost just Rs400/-, or is he trying to cheat me?

Thanks.
VIP Silver ? Don't know about this one. I was talking about the VIP Gold 400w. And it should cost around 1500 Rs.

And regarding the current price of your stock SMPS which is 400R. yes its available for 400 Rs only, he is right.

Buy a graphic card online, if you are not able to find it locally. I too bought mine from theitwares (Rahul) only. He is a dealer here.
 

abdelazeez

New Member
Disciple
Oct 15, 2009
31
0
0
37
saqib_khan said:
VIP Silver ? Don't know about this one. I was talking about the VIP Gold 400w. And it should cost around 1500 Rs.

And regarding the current price of your stock SMPS which is 400R. yes its available for 400 Rs only, he is right.

Buy a graphic card online, if you are not able to find it locally. I too bought mine from theitwares (Rahul) only. He is a dealer here.
Oh that's a relief to know. I thought he was taking it back at the price of a 2nd hand or something. Thanks bro. :)
 

abdelazeez

New Member
Disciple
Oct 15, 2009
31
0
0
37
Hello again everybody,

Here's the latest update (and probably the last for this thread):
The HD5670 isn't available in Pune/Mumbai with most of the dealers that I contacted, and going by the reviews it seems to be a simple entry-level DX11 card and thus doesn't provide such a great DX11 experience (talk about 'sour grapes' ;) ).

I've thus bought the XFX GT240 1GB (@6K) and exchanged my 400R VIP SMPS for a VIP 400W Gold although NVIDIA says the GT240 should run fine with a 300W PSU! I must say, the GPU is par excellence for its class and power requirements and I'm very happy with its performance.

To sum up, the rig cost me:-

14,400 (CPU, Mobo, 2GB RAM, 1GB HDD, VIP Cabinet & SMPS, K/b & Mouse)
+
6032 (GPU: XFX GT240 1GB)
+
800 (PSU difference after exchanging the 400R which costs 400Rs by itself)
+
350 (assembly & PSU/GPU home-delivery)
_________________________________
21,582/-
Thanks a lot to everyone who helped me get the configuration for the rig to fit my requirements (and budget too). TE is certainly a great place to ask around, and I'll recommend it to anyone who seeks technical help on the internet.

~AbdelAzeez