Oneplus 3 launched in india for Rs. 27,999

@aasimenator, please check about the RAM not taking advantage of 6GB RAM (backdraw of Oxygen OS) (check the video for the same)

http://www.phonearena.com/news/OneP...msung-Galaxy-S7-in-a-speed-test-VIDEO_id82271[DOUBLEPOST=1466111229][/DOUBLEPOST]TWRP, ROOT, CM13 (unofficial) already available
I seriously doubt that performance by OP3 against S7, S7 edge SD version was better by a miniscule in synthetic benchmarks against its Exynos version. OP3 should at least be equal to S7 in performance.
This looks more reliable ; its safe to say OP3 nearly equals S7 edge in terms of speed at half the price !

Its not a useful comparison anyway, as buyers considering S7 edge will not be inclined to buy OP3 and vice versa..
Galaxy S7 with high resolution screen and 2gb less RAM performs equally good means Samsung has done a good job with software optimisation this time around.

I would like to think that they are aware of the "buggy" issues and OS. The average users won't care and the enthusiasts (which I think this phone is being targeted to) will hack (not in the literal sense) theirs and install mods and enjoy.
flash, custom ROM.

Remember,if you flash Custom ROM, you lose Dash Charging all together. It is proprietary to Oneplus and they haven't released the sources with the kernel. :banghead:

Here is some screenshots of my usage of OnePlus 3.

A bit of information regarding the usage.. after taking the phone out of the box and just looking over i kept it on charging. While is started setting up the phone.

I have alot of pics and i keep it on sync with photos so there was alot of background sync going on with Google photos. Some phone calls a few hours of WhatsApp, a few video's here n there and emails etc that's about it.

Most of the time i was on WiFi - i did notice some drops in my WiFi connection where i had to manually go into settings and select my WiFi to connect.

I only went out for a few minutes to get some groceries etc.. my 4G (Airtel) was working great.

More details to follow soon

Just check whois ;) Aasim
Out of curiousity, How did you come up with this name? Inspired from B**g bros? :p
Yeah :p, wasnt intentional though... i just searched on a domain nahi generator with prefix image and .com and that was the only one that was available :happy:

Just check whois ;) Aasim
Out of curiousity, How did you come up with this name? Inspired from B**g bros? :p
lol now I get it. Imagebros is actually a pretty cool name. (y)
But dang dude it still needs more polishing. Can't even view the image properly from my phone.[DOUBLEPOST=1466357833][/DOUBLEPOST]
Making the phone 1 mm thicker and putting a 3600 mAh in there
hmm...an increase by 600mah.. interesting. I didn't think that it would've been possible. Not surprisingly enough a good number of questions is about the battery. When there's a compromise anywhere i like to think its to cut costs but just how much would 1+ have saved by using a smaller battery (3000 vs 3600)? any guess? I'm also quite sure that people would be willing to pay some $10 more for that extra 600mah of juice.

Last edited:

I for one don't agree to this at all, OP3's 1080p display is the one of the best one out there. Unless you compare it head on to a 1440p display, you wouldn't know the difference in either. Coming from OP2 I really like OP3's vibrant display & quality is amazing with good viewing angles, if i compared both the display and i didn't know it was 1080p i would say OP3 is rocking a 1440p display; its that good!

Wow. No I don't have the 1+3 but damn that comment on the display is actually unbelievable. I'm not sure why he has that view but I wouldn't trust one bit of it. His readers should ask him on what basis or test method he used to come to that conclusion.
Its AnandTech man, their reviewers know what they are talking about and he has clearly mention why he has come to the conclusion. You might not agree with him on his opinion on the display but it does not make his findings wrong.
Considering the display is what you use to interact with the phone, its a pretty big deal. I am disappointed with the combination of lower resolution and a poorly calibrated display considering all the "Optic AMOLED" jargon Carl Pei threw around in his AMA.

Lets see how the Mi5 fares in their review

Ah I had totally forgotten all about the Mi5. Poor Xiaomi. OnePlus completely overshadowed it.
I still think the display negatives are exaggerated.

Last edited:
Eh, not really. If someone ports a proper CM13 ROM on it then it might be the better buy simply due to a better display and battery life. I think the OP3 might have a slightly better camera due to better image processing though.
OnePlus's customer support is even worse than Xiaomi and thats saying something.

Edit : Both have terrible update history so lets see how they fare in the SW department

Back