Oneplus 3 launched in india for Rs. 27,999

Just to clarify from my readings, he measured the color correction of the display as is, without changing any profile or white balance and the DeltaE 2000 value is 7.11 which is pretty bad i.e. far from accurate colors (anything <5 is considered good and <3 are exceptional). However, what he failed to mention is that even Galaxy S7 has the same DeltaE value when measured on any retail unit (many of you know that the default color profile i.e. adaptive mode is what makes the Samsung AMOLED displays punchy and saturated). Its only when changed to the basic mode, the Galaxy S7 becomes very accurate (with 1.7-2.3 DeltaE). Considering Oneplus is basically using the same SAMOLED units in Galaxy S7 with some tweaks, I'd think changing the color profile/mode should yield great results similar to the Galaxy phones. I'm not sure if changing color profile/mode is permitted in settings, but he did mention Oneplus reverted back to him quickly, saying they'll change the default profile in a later OTA update.

Its not unbelievable actually. Judging from what many users posted they get between 3.5-5.5hrs, latter seems to be highest. However I do not know their usage.
Looking at the battery chunk of 3k I was hoping for better results. Hoping there's some sort of optimization to increase to maximum.
Also if I'm to nitpick, some small features still need to be polished. Carl Pei said they were looking into it.
Which reminds me, someone here said early buyers were BETA testers lol.

Its not unbelievable actually. Judging from what many users posted they get between 3.5-5.5hrs, latter seems to be highest. However I do not know their usage.
Looking at the battery chunk of 3k I was hoping for better results. Hoping there's some sort of optimization to increase to maximum.
Also if I'm to nitpick, some small features still need to be polished. Carl Pei said they were looking into it.
Which reminds me, someone here said early buyers were BETA testers lol.

Nah but u must have experienced the battery backup on OP3 that's why u said HORRIBLE right of just going by the post threads online ?

have seen people posting about their backup like 7/8 hours but then that was on a continues use here he got the 3.5hr sot on a standby time of almost 72 hours so I would say its amazing.

Nah but u must have experienced the battery backup on OP3 that's why u said HORRIBLE right of just going by the post threads online ?

have seen people posting about their backup like 7/8 hours but then that was on a continues use here he got the 3.5hr sot on a standby time of almost 72 hours so I would say its amazing.
+1 to this observation.
With a total time of nearly 60 hrs, SOT of 3.5hrs is better than average for a 3k battery.

How much were you getting on your previous phone with similar usage ? (as a reference point)

On OP2 i used to get atleast 4.5 - 5 Hours with similar usage, and over 60+ hours total on battery.

Right now it seems to be only 3.5 hours and 48 hours on battery.

This is just on an ideal scenario where i don't do much on the phones, as i am on the computer most of the time even for whatsapp.

I am sure if i put it through its paces with like doing everything i do when i am out and working from my phone, the battery will be dead quite sooner. OP2 used to give me a good 4.5 hours of use consistently.

On OP2 i used to get atleast 4.5 - 5 Hours with similar usage, and over 60+ hours total on battery.

Right now it seems to be only 3.5 hours and 48 hours on battery.

This is just on an ideal scenario where i don't do much on the phones, as i am on the computer most of the time even for whatsapp.

I am sure if i put it through its paces with like doing everything i do when i am out and working from my phone, the battery will be dead quite sooner. OP2 used to give me a good 4.5 hours of use consistently.
Do you need to charge twice in a working day ?
IMHO, If it lasts for 24 hrs on single charge, irrespective of your usage - it'll be regarded as adequate battery life for you . Because none of the recent phones except Lenovo vibe p1, last 2 days, daily charging is a norm. If you have to charge in the midst of a work day its a bad battery life. This is how I judge battery life as nothing matters to me more than having to search for charger in the middle of the working day. So IMHO, phones with 1.5 day battery life aren't going to change my buying decision over phone which lasts complete 24hrs on single charge. Please check with that.

Deciding everything on the basis of SOT is foolish IMHO, if you just watch videos, SOT will be more than 7hrs in a 3k battery phone. With my S7 edge I get SOT of 4.5 - 5hrs without any optimisation, same SOT drops to <4 hrs if I get lots of calls (voice, sms IM etc) , say 10 - 15 calls per hr.

Give a week before deciding on battery with a new phone, it adapts to your usage pattern ; also your enthusiasm for meddling with a new phone gets corrected by that time.

Quick question: since this was bought from Amazon and assuming the very low sot is because of this particular piece, will Amazon consider a free replacement for it?
If yes I would file a request for it.
The quick charging will help but can be annoying for some people.

Quick question: since this was bought from Amazon and assuming the very low sot is because of this particular piece, will Amazon consider a free replacement for it?
If yes I would file a request for it.
The quick charging will help but can be annoying for some people.
This isnt a DOA or a hardware issue I guess. Warranty can be claimed to OP for the battery and Amazon will do nothing about it.

So I was really impressed by the OP3 but the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 was just too hard to ignore at that price point. I added a 128GB microsd card for 3k and have found the experience to be just great. For 15k with the card, nothing comes even close to this beauty.
I am a heavy user and for the first time in a very long time I didn't have to charge my phone during the day. Currently sitting at 5hr40min of SOT and 29% battery left. To top it off, CM13 is running flawlessly so far making the transition from OPO butter smooth.

Last edited:
Back