Android Oneplus 3 - promotional accidental damage insurance by Servify is a sham

I have a query.. Suppose i drop it on to the ground and there are small dents on edges.. Will they change the upper panel?

If you like crying, then MI Protect will do for you. :) I bought mi5 and in 10 days phone fell on the floor on 5th of june and till now I haven't got the phone back.

FjQu8en.jpg

If I was a college guy like I used to be earlier, they would have been screwed in social media, lucky for them, these days I have no time and phone costs 25k which isn't a big deal for me tbh, bought the phone only because of dad as he loves xiaomi and their inbuilt apps like call recording, for dad xiaomi is like apple for him.

I have been patience only as job takes a toll of me, so as I am busy most of the time, I haven't disturbed them even once since 5th to till today, only emails and calls (incoming) shared. They have promised a date of 20th Aug, let's see.

Last edited:
That's something. Good for you man.
It's actually something which is almost not possible with Samsung in India they will never replace the phone if the Mobo is dead. This is only possible if the phone has stopped working within 7 days of purchase.

Really want to know how his phone was replaced with a new one.

Really where was this also when was this ?

Was it within the first 7 days of activation ?
No dude. it was 4 months old. Replaced it 2 months back. Should I give you the service center address? I gave them my phone, they called and said motherboard is dead. They said we'll confirm with samsung for the costs. And again they called and said it's covered under warranty

No dude. it was 4 months old. Replaced it 2 months back. Should I give you the service center address? I gave them my phone, they called and said motherboard is dead. They said we'll confirm with samsung for the costs. And again they called and said it's covered under warranty
You said they replaced the phone dint you ?

Really want to know how they replaced the whole phone coz they will repair and not replace it. Mind sharing some more details ?

CAN WE PLEASE KEEP THE THREAD FOR ONEPLUS 3 RELATED STUFF. No disrespect. but we can have other threads for respective topics.

Online activism seems to have worked.. Servify replaced my damaged touchscreen and charged on 1k mandatory deductible.. Albeit they took more than a month to get it done.. Have now gone for a military grade spigen back cover and tempered glass screen protector..
There is no online activism involved here at all, oneplus has delivered on what they promised and they have replaced a screen for the price of how much? less than Rs.2k for a screen replacement. And its the original screen not some 'best copy'. This is tremendous. Which company will do this without some BS expiring after 6 months free screen replacement offer that you already pay upfront for at the time of purchase ? servify covers you for twelve months. Never heard of similar in other countries.

So remove the word sham in the title, complete falsehood, update your first post so anyone who finds this thread knows right at the outset that the problem was fixed, what had to be done, how long it took and what it cost.

The primary problem was here was a misunderstanding of the procedure involved. being misled by incompetent staff but the website had everything clearly explained.

Last edited:
^ that thread on Reddit had so many people justifying the cost of repair. It would have been easier to just replace the phone by one plus with a new one.

I can't see anything in their T&Cs which state a limit of 6k. Just that depreciated value will be covered. So they're saying the phone is only worth 6k now? What kind of BS 'insurance' is this?

This is exactly the stuff which makes me wonder whether taking the accidental coverage plan is worth it or not. I could not find anything either in their T&C about this...

I checked with Mi Protect (which I have taken on my mother RN4 and brothers 4A), and they have stated that if the device is Beyond Economic Repair, ie the cost of damage is 80% above the cost of the phone, then they will give depreciated value which is

from http://www.mi.com/in/service/miprotect/

What is BER (Basis of Partial loss) Cases ?

If Repair cost of the device is more than 80%, such cases are eligible for BER case.Loss or damage to insured device shall be settled at market value or Sum Insured or Invoice Value whichever is the lowest, after charging the depreciation as per the depreciation chart below and in no case, will be more than the Sum insured.

Depreciation Chart: Applicable only for Total loss cases [To any instrument / component]

Age of the Insured Device Depreciation %
Up to 6 months 20%
6 months to 1 year 30%
1 year to 2 year 40%

Wonder how does a OnePlus phone depreciates by roughly 80% of its original value in less than a year....

Which is why I had taken miprotect for mine and 3 other redmi 2s, but decided not to for my 3s prime.

I guess even if we go to Service center they'll not ask that much. Charges might be reasonable.

Anyways OnePlus Charges are as follows https://s3.amazonaws.com/oneplussupport/OnePlus-Spare-Part-OOW-Price-India.pdf

Troubled dude should have put it in Rice bag instead of Shutting down & keeping it aside. Even such thing happened to my friends iPhone 7, 3hours in rice and its back to life. It worked fine.

Why are there two prices - minimum and maximum? Do they charge prices depending on city and customer?

Besides rice, there are silica gel pouches available on Amazon. Put 3-4 of them in a zip lock bag and put the phone along with them and seal the bag. The silica gel should absorb all the moisture from the phone.

Back