Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Anyone who watched The Jungle Book in Hindi?
Please comment!

Yessir!

Jungle Book 2016 (Hindi) - 8.2/10
Absolutely loved it! Gfx are top drawer stuff, and the voice acting is top notch too. What also steals the show is the dialogue writing for Hindi dubbing. It is amazing what a good budget can do .. just like the good old DD Days. :angelic:
Nana was not exactly his exuberant best as from the toon days, and it took me a while to be convinced that it was indeed him. PC was kewl ;) and while Irfan Khan left very few room for complaints, I really did missed Chetan Shashital's voice over. (Baloo of TS)

Nostalgia factor kicked in, but not in heavy dose.
All in all, I can go for another Hindi dubbed screening. Yep, it was that enjoyable.

Court - 7.5/10
Nice little movie. Could have been an all time great, but felt slack in many parts. Maybe director's penchant for going slow did those scenes in. The central character never got much to do beyond the mundane affairs he was shown caught up with at the beginning.

Paper Moon - 7.5/10
Had high hopes from this black and white flick. Did not reach the levels to be wowed entirely, but not disappointed either.

Socha Na tha - 6.5/10
Imtiaz ali needs to be kicked in his ribs for botching this up. AT's cute appearances is all that i can recall from this.

Kung Fu Panda - 6/10 . The movie was entertaining but somehow I missed a strong villain as in I thought the bull was a little weak compared to the Peacock and the Snow Leopard

Baaghi - 3/10.

Tiger Shroff has the potential (he can pull off handstands on his thumb and index finger & 'raise the flag', hopefully, without any vfx trickery) to do so much more, martial arts action-wise, but the movie fails to showcase all of it. & that's largely due to unimaginative action direction - the action sequences are repetitive, lack variety in terms of martial arts styles &/or use of props like nunchucks, & are often technically unconvincing (lacking a feeling of force behind the action moves, or the impact resulting from them). In particular, Shraddha Kapoor's fights looked very fake. There's even one instance where the stunt guy held his pose for a second, so SK could land a punch. Not all of the fights have such problems but there are enough scattered about to mar the experience.

None of the face-offs felt like much of a challenge for the hero. In fact, they were pretty 80s/SRK-esque in that the hero went from being helpless to being completely dominant within a set-piece, all thanks to a single emotionally loaded utterance by the bad guy. With kung fu movies, you tend to expect some out-of-the-box thinking (like coming up with a different style or move, for instance) in these situations. All in all, the fight choreography left a lot to be desired.

I don't know whether I'm being too harsh, but the fact of the matter is that a whole generation of Indian kids who grew up on Jackie Chan & Bruce Lee movies have come to expect a certain standard. This simply falls short of it.

I've only spoken about the action so far because that's what the main draw of the movie is, imho. The rest of the movie is otherwise (expectedly) pretty lame. The romance is from the 80s, the comedy is forced, & there's not much of a plot. One strange choice was the very rushed training montage (which is usually one of the more memorable elements of most kung fu movies). The casting of the guruji & the villain were, though, one of the few things they did get right.

All in all, the movie is 3-ish stars, mainly for Tiger Shroff.

Captain America: Civil War - 8.5/10 - For one though unlike BvS, the two story mesh well together but then there are parts I felt confusing. Secondly, the climax, IMO was kinda rushed.
Still best Marvel "Avengers" movie, rather best Marvel movie, IMO.

Captain America : Civil War -> 9/10 Solid movie, best of MCU so far. The story is great and will surprise a lot of the fans, very different against the usual formula that Marvel "apparently" used in many blockbusters.

Saw The Jungle Book last week and I'd rate it as 7/10. Graphics was amazing but the story was kinda meh. And they wasted Cristopher Walken.

Last edited:
Captain America : Civil war - 9/10
This was almost an Avengers movie, but better than Age of ultron. So many characters, but all mesh well together. The conflict and stakes were there, still the marvel movies do not let go of the fun factor. Spidey and black panther were great.

Jungle book - 7.5/10
Couldn't get tickets for the Englissh version, so went to the hindi dubbed one which turned out to be surprisingly good. Voice acting by Nana, irfan, priyanka were top notch. The movie was visually stunning. Story was just about ok.

Fan - 6/10
Loopholes and plot inconsistencies aside, this was still an entertaining movie. SRK acts well, both as the narcissistic, arrogant superstar and as the obsessive, deranged fan.

Birdman 2015 - 8.5/10
awesome movie, Excellent acting by the leads. Must Watch. Watched again, Brilliant script.

Boyhood 2015 - 8.5/10
Excellent movie, though bit slow in narrative but definitely a must watch.

Zoolander 2: Hilarious as usual. 8/10.

Kill Command: Though it seems like a rehash of various science fiction franchisee movies, it is still good. Kirby has done a nice role. Quite ominous and foreboding in the beginning. Loved the transfer ships. They just looked great..! 8/10/

X-Men - apocalypse 7/10
The first half is really good, didn't quite like the second half (especially the manner in which the villian is killed).

Last edited:
Been long since i posted here.

Jungle book 3D : Watched with Wife and it reminded us of our old days when we were kids . The days when Jungle Book and Talespin were famous. From Screenplay to Visuals and acting,everything for me and my Wife was bang on . 10/10 for every Jungle book Fan.

Batman Vs Superman : My Wife liked Superman and Wonderman more than Batman. For the first time ever this movie involved the perspective of a single character and not from how it should be perceived. It's a well written movie and action was a part of the movie which in comic movie adaptation is the opposite where movie is part of the action. I have always admired Batman. 8/10 .

Captain America - Civil war 3D : This movie left me confused . What was the real purpose behind all this ? I was hoping for more but found the movie to be overcrowded with Superheroes and there was no antagonist. Captain America and Spiderman shined in the movie. 5/10 .

X Men Apocalypse 3D : Great movie,one word. The opening scene is something that builds the entire movie,it's truly said that first impression is the last impression . Though i did feel that the villain was underutilized in some scenes. Loved the Jean grey scene and cyclops. 8/10 .

Captain America - Civil war 6/10
Does not have a good story. The name is Captain America however its more like avengers without a good story. It has good one liners though, one time watch

Deadpool - 4/10
Over-rated pos, didn't make me smile even once. I'm well aware of Deadpool as a character and all his traits but the plot was dull, the cgi was poor and the humor felt too forced.
That and I had the horrific memories of Ryan Reynolds as the Green Lantern stuck in my head throughout the entire movie.

Zootopia - 9/10
Must Watch, this year's best animated movie and almost on the same level as Inside Out in terms of entertainment.
This movie that's primarily aimed at children made me giggle, laugh and smile more than Deadpool that relied on vulgarity and edginess for its humor and failed horribly at it.
That sloth DMV scene was the funniest thing I've seen in quite some time.

Deadpool 6/10
Enjoyable, if you're kind of bored with superhero movies, this is slightly refreshing in terms of treatment.
Hollywood formula movies are more bankrupt in terms new content compared to Bollywood movies. Once watchable anyway.

Superman vs Batman 3/10
Waste of time. Hollywood seems bankrupt with ideas. Aargh...
What next??
Mowgli vs Tarzan

Zootopia 8/10
Great movie with good message, more appealing for adults than kids. Sensible and entertaining.

Back