Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Kung Fu Panda - 7/10. Probably because I watched it on the laptop. Could be more entertaining in the movie hall.

Ip Man 3 - 6/10. The first one is still the best. The excitement about Wing Chun has wearied off and the fight sequences didn't seem to be as dramatic. He was supposed to have 2 kids. Movie shows only 1 . Wonder if I have missed anything. Also.. was expecting a small Bruce Lee fight sequence but nope. Didn't happen.

Jai Gangajal - 6/10. Prakash Jha is not a bad actor at all. He might have a regular face and dont know if he will make acting as a penchant. But for the role of a corrupt police officer, he suits just great. Priyanka is meh! I honestly dont think any of the mainstream actresses do justice to any police offical's role.
Both the villians(main guy and the brother) dont seem evil at all. The movie didn't seem as intense as the first one.

The Hateful 8/10.

Well, what can one say. When you are watching a Tarantino movie. Due to legacy, Tarantino movies qualify for a 6/10 out of the box. Rest is what the movie does. The story cannot be short guessed, the camera angles are exemplary, and the details to aspect are so pain staking, that it hurts to think about it. The boots, spurs, gloves, foreground vs. background character movement. The Civil War backdrop is really really heavy, and has to be understood with ease and solace.

The Hateful 8/10.

Well, what can one say. When you are watching a Tarantino movie. Due to legacy, Tarantino movies qualify for a 6/10 out of the box. Rest is what the movie does. The story cannot be short guessed, the camera angles are exemplary, and the details to aspect are so pain staking, that it hurts to think about it. The boots, spurs, gloves, foreground vs. background character movement. The Civil War backdrop is really really heavy, and has to be understood with ease and solace.
Wow.
I felt so disappointed with this one. I would rate it 2/10 considering I nearly fell asleep during this one.

What can I say?
I guess I expected a lot more from the movie. Like asingh said that being a Tarantino movie, it's definitely 6/10, but I guess the same went against it when I watched it.

Agree the first hour and half goes like there won`t be much later on but the way things pick up, simply made the movie worth mentioning.

Sanjay's super team - Short animated movie - 8/10[DOUBLEPOST=1458809374][/DOUBLEPOST]Hateful eight - 5/10 - went to watch it in inoX,even though you should never watch a tarantino movie in a theater in India. personally it was another disappointment for me,
after Django Unchained.

Last edited:
So no one saw Batman v Superman? I was super excited for the movie but then saw reviews and boy did that hurt. So dropped the plan to go on a "regular" weekend ticket and delay it to a weekly less costlier shows.

So no one saw Batman v Superman? I was super excited for the movie but then saw reviews and boy did that hurt. So dropped the plan to go on a "regular" weekend ticket and delay it to a weekly less costlier shows.
I am too planning for a weekday show.
Didn't had high hopes, though I like Affleck as the batman (as seen in the trailers)

Zootopia - 8/10 - Very funny and dealt with some more serious issues very well.

Batman v Superman - 3/10 - Very unfunny and had no idea how to deal with anything, including a coherent plot or character motivations.

Batman v Superman - 7/10[DOUBLEPOST=1459009532][/DOUBLEPOST]
Batman v Superman - 3/10 - Very unfunny and had no idea how to deal with anything, including a coherent plot or character motivations.

3 Are you kidding me bro
so you mean Movies like Jupiter ascending are better than this

Batman v Superman - 7/10[DOUBLEPOST=1459009532][/DOUBLEPOST]

3 Are you kidding me bro
so you mean Movies like Jupiter ascending are better than this

Possibly. The Jupiter Ascending trailer was so uninteresting I didn't even watch it. At least Man of Steel was a 5/10 for me despite its many problems. This one is just a mess of ideas. It was painful to watch. Only reason I gave it a 3/10 was due to Wonder Woman and also the interesting opening sequence where we get a different view of the climactic battle from Man of Steel.

I don't know why people get so personal when someone else doesn't like the movie they liked. It happened to me when I said I didn't like The Hateful Eight. It's a rating thread people. No need to get your panties in a bunch if someone didn't feel the same way as you did about a movie.

Last edited:
Batman vs Superman - 7/10 It has its issues and glaring ones at that, but BatFleck was bloody brilliant, as was wonder woman. I am sufficiently hyped for their stand alone films. The final fight also felt the most fun and superhero-y to date.

Zootopia - 9/10 - Fantastic animation, solid story, lots of references, basically near perfect.

Star War VII: 10/10. I am going to give this a perfect. Reason being: you just do not want it to end. It fulfills all the criteria of telling chronology from the past, showing the present scenario, and hinting what is yet to come. Well scripted, and decently acted. Rey, added really really well to the power of the punch. What more can I say about Han Solo and Chewbacca...! They are stellar. Way to go..!

Batman v Superman - 6/10
-1 for Zack Synder. Though he delivers great visuals, he sometimes forgets about the story. The end fight was great but then there are some sequences in the fight made just for the visuals
-2 for the plot. I mean seriously this had the weakest premise I have ever seen in a movie. The resolution was similarly weak. Given they had to setup the Justice League villain in one movie, they even leave some gigantic plot holes.
-1 for Jesse Eisenberg and his ugly wig. The problem is he was more like Jesse Eisenberg "playing" Lex rather than being one with the character.

Many people seem to like introduction of Wonder Woman in the fight but I am not sure if Gal Gadot will be able to pull off an individual movie.

And now Warner Brother does this:
The video shows how Lex was captured after the fight and why does he says "bell has been rung".
Total addition to run time which could have explained Lex's reaction? a Minute. Have to wonder who cut the movie

Last edited:
Kung Fu Panda 3 - 8/10
Absolutely entertaining. Doesn't let down. A must watch, especially if you have a kid (or otherwise too).

Batman vs Superman - 7/10

Went in with low expectations, given that the reviews were largely negative. However, I found the movie really interesting and engaging. Loved Gal Gadot in the role of Wonder Woman. I felt she did justice to her role (although screen time is quite less).

Thozha (Tamil) - 6/10

Decent flick. Too lengthy and boring at times.

Back