Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

^^

What is there to spoil in that? :S. Its my personal view. Didn't I even give a shred of information? I think not.

The way you've written it implies that either Kylo Ren is a wimp in this one and will hopefully be stronger in future installments or he's dead and you're hoping the next villain will be more intimidating.
You're giving away the fate of the villain either way, people would like to go in without knowing that info.

^^^

Agreed. But I don't consider that as a spoiler. You will understand when you see the movie. Still If you do, just ignore it.

^^

What is there to spoil in that? :S. Its my personal view. Didn't I even give a shred of information? I think not.
I was just pulling your leg buddy and also teasing the Star Wars fanboy/girls :) They might say you revealed the villain will not be dead and its a "He" not a "She". :D

Last edited:
Finished re-watching the original star wars.
The empire strikes back: 8/10
Return of the Jedi: 7/10

Edit: Guys, please avoid any Force Awakens spoiler discussions here. We can have a dedicated thread for that.

Last edited:
Bajirao Mastani : 4/10
SLB has become another RGV - only has a glorified past, but no present. I had went for Ramleela too - which was another huge disappointment.

Why ?
Because though it is portrayal of the 'love story' of a warrior Bajirao and Mastani, but the character which stands out is not them, but Kashi (Bajirao's wife played by Priyanka). It was a relief when she came onscreen - as most of the other time I was looking at my watch.

It's a story of a warrior - with no proper war sequences. One scene was during dawn (too dark to see anything), another was 5 second one-man-army style boring scene.

Damn the movie is loud. The war scenes(!), songs were so loud I wish I had brought some noise cancelling IEM or something.

IMO, Ranveer Singh doesn't suits the character.

What's Good ?
The visuals are nice. Except few scenes where it's easily seen that the fort behind is just a 2-dimensional wall. :)
The flow - though linear, quite fast paced.
Songs - I liked 2 songs. But there are a lots of those.
PC - she looks adorable plus, her character is strong too.

Bajirao Mastani : 3/5

+ves -
*SLB followed his typical pattern with the onscreen visual shades as expected.
*The Bajirao song was well taken (camera angles were brilliant) - well directed and smart choreography to match the mood and theme of the movie.
*Priyanka Chopra stole the show - Her Lavani dance was crispier than Deepika. She had a deeper character than the protagonists.

-ves -
*No much of a story. Dragging at times.
*Climax could have shot and thought out better.

The Hateful Eight - 7/10
I liked it more than Django but not as much as Inglorious. I'm a big fan of slow paced entertainment but even I felt some scenes dragged on for far too long.
There are also some predictable moments and lack of build up to tense situations usually found in QT movies because of the long runtime (2h47m !!).
Has plenty of the expected b-grade campyness and gore and I never really felt bored.

Also who comes up with this sh*t ? Taaron ka Yudh - Divyashakti ki Lalkaar lol

VZv4jEM.jpg

The Hateful Eight - 3/10. I was gonna watch it in a theatre but now I am angry that I even wasted my bandwidth on it.
I was so bored during the opening credits itself, I had to forward to the part the dialogues begin. I don't mind slow movies but the movie didn't have a good enough story and neither did it have many turning points which usually keep you glued. The dialogues/characters weren't any good either.
I much preferred Django because it was a much more cohesive production with a tight story and good characters and dialogues. This seemed more like quick hack job.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 8/10

Caught this in the theaters and am so happy it didn't turn out to be a dud. To be honest, the prequel trilogy that started with Phantom Menace in 1997 had lowered the bar so much that my expectations with this one were very low. In fact, part of the high rating that I give it is due to my sheer joy at the movie not being as bad as the prequel films. This is not to say that this is an average film; in fact I would call it a very good film even when compared to the original three films.

There is a whole lot of nostalgia released to viewers at regular intervals. The story is never lacking in pace or direction and most importantly, action sequences and CGI effects were a revelation in the sense that I enjoyed them in a movie after a long time (thanks to the too much CGI crap). Acting is fine from everyone especially Ford who manages to retain that twinkle and mischief in his eyes even at 73. Special mention for the fresh-as-a-lily Daisy Ridley and the ultra-cute BB-8 droid. JJ Abrams does a good job of not letting fans down.

Criticism if any is that for a true fan, the story-line becomes predictable. But then again, since they are setting this movie up for upcoming sequels, I have no qualms. Rian Johnson (of Breaking Bad's Ozymandias episode fame) is writing and directing the next installment so a darker theme can be expected:D.

I wanted to say something about the main antagonist but am nor sure it is possible without spoiling anything. So i'll skip that. If there are any other spoilers in the above lines then they were unintentional and my apologies for the same.

And watch this one in the theaters guys. Although 3D is something I don't like, watching this one on the big screen is really really worth it.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 8/10

Caught this in the theaters and am so happy it didn't turn out to be a dud. To be honest, the prequel trilogy that started with Phantom Menace in 1997 had lowered the bar so much that my expectations with this one were very low. In fact, part of the high rating that I give it is due to my sheer joy at the movie not being as bad as the prequel films. This is not to say that this is an average film; in fact I would call it a very good film even when compared to the original three films.

There is a whole lot of nostalgia released to viewers at regular intervals. The story is never lacking in pace or direction and most importantly, action sequences and CGI effects were a revelation in the sense that I enjoyed them in a movie after a long time (thanks to the too much CGI crap). Acting is fine from everyone especially Ford who manages to retain that twinkle and mischief in his eyes even at 73. Special mention for the fresh-as-a-lily Daisy Ridley and the ultra-cute BB-8 droid. JJ Abrams does a good job of not letting fans down.

Criticism if any is that for a true fan, the story-line becomes predictable. But then again, since they are setting this movie up for upcoming sequels, I have no qualms. Rian Johnson (of Breaking Bad's Ozymandias episode fame) is writing and directing the next installment so a darker theme can be expected:D.

I wanted to say something about the main antagonist but am nor sure it is possible without spoiling anything. So i'll skip that. If there are any other spoilers in the above lines then they were unintentional and my apologies for the same.

And watch this one in the theaters guys. Although 3D is something I don't like, watching this one on the big screen is really really worth it.
Quick question. In the original films, did you watch 1,2,3 first or 4,5,6. I can pretty much guarantee you saw the original movies first and the prequels later, i.e. as they were released.

Quick question. In the original films, did you watch 1,2,3 first or 4,5,6. I can pretty much guarantee you saw the original movies first and the prequels later, i.e. as they were released.

Watched Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (the first one) in 1997 in theaters when it was re-released. Next watched Phantom Menace on TV in the early 2000s. Then watched the other two movies from the original trilogy again on TV back to back. Saw Attack of the Clones and finally caught Revenge of the Sith on the big screen when it was released. Since then, have watched the original trilogy twice on PC.

This is a messed up order. In order to be not disappointed with the special effects of the original trilogy (even though they are much much more entertaining) i recommend watching these movies in the order in which they were released.

I personally watched the prequels first and hence prefer them over the original movies. You got the reasoning spot on. The CGI/effects on the original movies looked so bad(when compared to prequels) that I couldn't enjoy them as much as I had hoped.

Also watching the prequels first kinda develops a soft spot for Anakin and that further ruined the originals for me.

Sicario - 5/10
This is exactly why I don't watch movies if they mention CIA, DEA, FBI, NSA, etc., in the plot synopsis but made an exception for this one since it was being mentioned in this thread so much. We've pretty much seen everything this genre has to offer and this one has the usual gamut of stock characters as well.
It had a promising start but that's about it I guess, Emily Blunt starred as the most irritating and useless character I've witnessed this year.

The Martian - 6.5/10
Same with this one, the plot is basically Apollo 13 + Cast Away on Mars so there's an underlying sense of "we've seen it all" especially with so many recent space based movies with similar sets like Gravity, Interstellar, Prometheus, Moon, etc.
I know spacey stuff is always white but it gets visually stale especially if the plot isn't extraordinary.

Back