PC Peripherals Razer mouse RMA ?

tarey_g

Adept
Hi,
I have a Razer Diamondback 3G mouse, bought it less than 2 years ago and now its dead. Who is the official distributor of Razer in India ? The warranty on mouse is 2 years from Razer and my local shopkeeper only provides 1 yr.
Help.

Gaurav

Razer Death Adder carries just 1 year warranty in India i.e distributor over here provides just 1 year warranty.

sukant said:
Razer Death Adder carries just 1 year warranty in India i.e distributor over here provides just 1 year warranty.

No it carries 2 years warranty. Just make sure you have a bill with its serial number and in case it craps out on you within the 2 year period, email razer support and they will ship a new replacement to you.

As far as what Razer India told me, first year is taken care by the distributor whereas the second year is taken care by Razer directly. If nothing happens, PM me. No promises but I'll see what I can do from my end.

They (Distributor) returned my mouse saying it was out of warranty ! WTF.
How can i get support from razer directly, I had mailed razer and they told me to send it back to Distri. :(

I have mailed razer support informing that the distributor (acro engineering) is not honoring the 2 year warranty. Waiting for reply, its been 24 hrs since i mailed.

Send them a strong worded email saying that the distributor is not honouring the 2 year warranty and just giving one year. It is not your job to run around to get warranty and as its razer's product they should resolve this situation ASAP. Tell them to talk to this distributor or give the address details of the razer india distributor network head so you can start legal proceedings against the company.

Also you sent the email to razer support US right?

yes Razer US, although the replies i get from them keep cycling from support-us@razersupport.com and support-uk@razersupport.com .

This is the reply I sent them when they again sent same mail to me regarding contacting the distributor first :
Hi,
What you are suggesting puts all of this back to square one, the content of your mail is similar to one of the mails in this mail chain which I have already replied to. I have already gone through retailer and distributor, no use. I am pasting my previous reply here which I had sent to Razer support :

Hi,
As per your instructions I sent the mouse (via retailer) to the distributor, but they sent it back after 15 days saying that the warranty is only 1 year. This is insane because everyone knows that Razer products have 2 years of warranty. The name of the distributor is 'Acro EngineeringCompany' ( Welcome to Acro Engineering ) which also lists Razer on its partner page , the contact number is +91-11-40525645/ 46535361 .
What should I do now ? How can I avail the warranty, I am attaching the purchase bill and the RMA bill receipts with this mail. Phone number of the retailer is on the attached scanned receipts.
From the distributor site I got the number of the representative in my city, Mr. Narayan (+91-9423821132).

Razer should have been more careful in choosing its partners in India who would actually honor the original product warranty. In the end the customer has to suffer because of these loose ends

fcuk Razer, I am buying Logitech G300. At least they have durable products with good warranty. My friend is using Logitech MX518 since last 4 years, no complaints.

Salutations Gaurav,

WE have reviewed your case and found that your mouse is not covered under our warranty terms. Our warranty Covers mice bought form an authorized reseller. In your case neither the reseller or distributor are authorized agents.

The Full Warranty is available here: Razer Warranty Policy | Razerâ„¢ | For Gamers. By Gamers.â„¢

Feel free to review the warranty and our website in regards to your case.

tarey_g said:
At least they have durable products with good warranty. My friend is using Logitech MX518 since last 4 years, no complaints.
Same here man. I'm no Logitech fanboy but their service is really good, and their products are very (i mean "VERY") durable and reliable, especially the warranty which they give ^_^
Logitech FTW!!
Other distris and brands should take a note from this.

I wanted to buy Logitech at the time I considered this mouse, but the problem was that logitech had no ambidextrous mouse (I am left handed) offering at that time, so had to settle for Razer mouse in-spite of many warnings on the internet (mostly regarding the fact that the main mouse click wears out in 1-2 years). But now Logitech has G300 in market and thats what I am going to get.
Price is 1900/- only, no reason to go for Razer.

Logitech - Logitech® Gaming Mouse G300

gaming-mouse-g300-red-glamour-image-lg.png

Back