Reliable Indian based Domain registrars?

Ahh I had really bad experience with all of them. Finally settled with godaddy. I believe you can pay through there indian channel as well (They did provide some option the last time).

So coming back, probably not the answer that you were expecting, however considering the professionalism shown by godaddy, I really cant recommend any of indian, point blank they suck.

+LT

Actually its all about the interface they offer you. If they let you do things yourself then they are good. Unfortunately most of them dont. So cant really comment without first hand experience. Net4 is the worst as you rightly decided to ignore the bassterdz. Indiatimes looks useless from their front page.

Any product you buy from us, comes with complete control to manage the DNS records for the associated domain, absolutely FREE of cost!

The Control Panel that we offer Free of cost, make changing contact information, modifying nameservers, renewing the Domain Name, etc. extremely easy.
Protect the information that you display in the WHOIS details of your Domain Name with Privacy Protection. Although most providers charge anywhere between $6 - $14 for this service, we offer you Privacy Protection absolutely FREE of cost!

Answerable.com seems to have it all. Do they take INR payment?

Crazy_Eddy said:
^ You tried even Answerable.com ?

Nope, never tried, probably when I was looking for a ISP, they were not available. Considering they are from directi, you can probably take a jump. In my case I will stick to godaddy, considering, in general the professionalism shown by US based setups (I know I am generalising, however I am really comfortable with US based e-sites).

+LT

^ Phew! Was shocked for a sec that even Answerable had a bad rep. They look pretty clean from what I can see. Will run through godaddy and see if their local branch accepts payments other than credit cards.

Renegade said:
Actually its all about the interface they offer you. If they let you do things yourself then they are good. Unfortunately most of them dont. So cant really comment without first hand experience. Net4 is the worst as you rightly decided to ignore the bassterdz. Indiatimes looks useless from their front page.

Answerable.com seems to have it all. Do they take INR payment?

Haha! Yeah the control panel is what matters, and what I'm looking for.

Net4 shamefully still do not offer one.

Had another look at the Indiatimes page, and the information is sparse to non-existent - so no clue if they offer a control panel either.

Answerable seems to meet all the requirements, and the extras thrown in are pretty nice. And yeah they accept INR payments if i'm not mistaken.

halo_3 said:
Mitsu.in - I have registered many domains there. You can even pay via a cheque.

Had seen recommendations for Mitsu.in on earlier TE threads. However as a strict rule i'm only going with ICANN-accredited registrars, and unfortunately mitsu.in isn't accredited.

Why does it sound like a certain Japanese car company though :lol:

I recommend Answerable.com - Register Domain Name | Buy Domain Name | Cheap hosting | Digital certificates for gTLDs(.com/.net/.org) and Mitsu.in for Indian ccTLDs(.in,co.in). Both support offline payment methods like cheque,NEFT transfer etc.

Their service was prompt since I last used them, don't know about what the current stage now as I have got my own domain registration service as the Domain I own have increased exponentially. as an addon, I get better prices too:D

Crazy_Eddy said:
Had seen recommendations for Mitsu.in on earlier TE threads. However as a strict rule i'm only going with ICANN-accredited registrars, and unfortunately mitsu.in isn't accredited.

Even I won't suggest gTLD registrations from Mitsu. But these guys rock for Indian domains. They are Accredited Registrar of Indian Registry and rank 4th in terms of number of domains sold. plus their prices are sweet:D

Crazy_Eddy said:
^ Which service have you tied up as a reseller for ?

I use combination NetearthOne and mitsu.

Crazy_Eddy said:
Answerable seems to meet all the requirements, and the extras thrown in are pretty nice. And yeah they accept INR payments if i'm not mistaken.

They Do accept it.

* http://www.answerable.com/content.php?action=mypages&page=payment_options.html. see Off-line payment Options.

* You can contact support team here: http://www.answerable.com/content.php?action=mypages&page=support-center.html

one more vote for mitsu.in and answerable.com :)

gTLDs in mitsu and answerable are both directi's control panel only. mitsu.in is a reseller of directi when it comes to gTLDs while answerable.com is directi's own subsidary ;)

mitsu.in, though it sounds weird, is much popular for .in registrations among the domainers :D

_

Thanks guys, settled on Answerable.com :)

Will try and update on how the registration process goes.

DigitalDude said:
gTLDs in mitsu and answerable are both directi's control panel only. mitsu.in is a reseller of directi when it comes to gTLDs while answerable.com is directi's own subsidary ;)

Ah thought as much! Both answerable and mitsu have an almost identical homepage :)

Crazy_Eddy said:
Ah thought as much! Both answerable and mitsu have an almost identical homepage :)

They all are ResellerClub resellers I suppose.

Anyway you can try IndiaLinks ( INDIALINKS.COM : Free Domain Redirection, free domain forwarding , Domain Name Registration , Domain Reseller, Domain Name Resellers, Web Hosting, Linux Web Hosting, Windows Web Hosting, Domain Forwarding, Redirection, Dedicated Servers , Reseller Ho ), they have a somewhat good control panel. I have one or two domains with them and never had a problem.

varkey said:
They all are ResellerClub resellers I suppose.

Directi is the main business and they have this control panel called 'logicbox' for selling webservices... the same control panel that they use in resellerclub.com (their resellers business arm) and answerable.com (their retail/customer business arm) :eek:hyeah: and a few other ppl also use this logicbox cp by licensing it... also resellerclub has tons of resellers who inturn have tons of sub-resellers so you can frequently come across this control panel :rofl: its design is dated but is very fast and has lots of features.

_

Apologies for bumping this up.

Looking for another domain, and the Mitsu prices seem significantly lower compared to the Answerable prices. Now as was previously mentioned, they are a reseller for Answerable. Assuming the worst case scenario where they go out of business or something like that, are the domains safely kept under answerable's umbrella or ...?

Back