Reliable Indian based Domain registrars?

I've bought many domains and hosting space from Hostso. You can try that too.

As you, I also first tried GoDaddy, but I was having some problems with the field validators, they were not accepting Indian fields. And I couldn't find any indian server for GoDaddy. I don't remember all the exact problem but one of them which I remember is my address is 1/27 and it don't accpets '/' charachter in address field.

BTW you can try Hostso. I looked for some other providers too but some of them didn't accept online payment. Hostso is nice and cheap.

though you settled for 1, I wish to know that do you mean ICNN Accredited Indian Registrar or domain resellers in India? As most of name other members mentioned here found to be a domain-resellers they are not ICNN ACCREDITED registrar like godaddy, enom or namecheap. Correct me if I'm wrong

Emperor said:
though you settled for 1, I wish to know that do you mean ICNN Accredited Indian Registrar or domain resellers in India? As most of name other members mentioned here found to be a domain-resellers they are not ICNN ACCREDITED registrar like godaddy, enom or namecheap. Correct me if I'm wrong

Yes it appears you're correct. However, Answerable.com is indeed ICANN accredited and not a domain reseller.
Gaurish said:
If the domain you are looking to buy is Indian ccTLD. then go for mitsu.

for the record, they are not a reseller of Answerable. They are independent registrar for Indian domains.

see here: Accredited Registrars | Registry.In

Is Indian Registry accreditation similar to an ICANN accreditation?

I was confused since Mitsu were using the Logicboxes tool provided by Directi. Not sure if its just a front-end or the entire service toolchain.

Yes, you can say so.

Country Code Domains are under control of their respective Govts of that Country. Government of India has authorized National Internnet Exchange of India(NIXI) as .IN Registry, since January 2005. Mitsu is an Accredited registrar for Indian Domains.

About the platform.they are using logicboxes which they have license from Directi(Registry & Registrar Solutions | ICANN Accredited Registrar Consultants | LogicBoxes). they are independent Domain registrar.

SledgeHammer said:
I agree with the payment options. But in my experience support was always good from foreign providers.
Umm I am confused, I very recently bought domains for few friends of mine. Whats the problem with payment?

+LT

malhotraraul said:
which one is economical ???

Mitsu turned out cheaper - for a .in domain in my case. Though you can double-check and see, since they have different rates for different TLDs.

Both home-pages are a bit deceiving though - in the sense their 'sale' prices are only applicable for 1 yr of a domain, and they fail to mention the rates for the remaining years (till you add it to your cart).

linuxtechie said:
Umm I am confused, I very recently bought domains for few friends of mine. Whats the problem with payment?

+LT

Paying in USD or using a CC is not an option for some :)

I agree that foreign registrars are still probably the safest choice.

However unless you go for something like net4india - which BTW is still horrible (searching for domain availability on their site kept giving a server overloaded error) - Indian registrars like Answerable and Mitsu seem to be doing a pretty good job. Fingers crossed! :)

Do any of these registrars allow you to book your domain name for 3-5 yrs?
All I see on the answerable website is an option for a 1 yr renewal.

Back