Graphic Cards RX480 priced at 30.4k in India

Just chill guys. This is only due to limited stocks. At least this is what I can infer from this.
2a2a6c.jpg

Per unit price is as low as 15.5k. Add duty, freight charges and local taxes, should be available for a reasonable price soon.

Attachments

• rx480-stats.png
    rx480-stats.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Tge card still hasn't officially launched in India, has it? Only one site is selling it and as of now we don't know if it's an import.

Possible to do a GO for these things ? If I remember correctly @Shripad was a distributor for HIS cards, maybe he would know more?
I really hope massdrop comes to india. These distributors are just killing the market.

According to latest reports it seems that the 480 is pulling too much PCIe power and damaging motherboards (http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphi...ns-Radeon-RX-480/Overclocking-Current-Testing). I suggest everyone in line to buy this card to wait until AMD releases a fix for this.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10465/amd-releases-statement-on-radeon-rx-480-power-consumption

As you know, we continuously tune our GPUs in order to maximize their performance within their given power envelopes and the speed of the memory interface, which in this case is an unprecedented 8Gbps for GDDR5. Recently, we identified select scenarios where the tuning of some RX 480 boards was not optimal. Fortunately, we can adjust the GPU's tuning via software in order to resolve this issue. We are already testing a driver that implements a fix, and we will provide an update to the community on our progress on Tuesday (July 5, 2016).

To those that say the price will drop, have you ever seen an Indian retailer drop prices or even know what he's selling. This is going to be the lifetime price of these cards. This Indian distributor + ignorant retailer nexus has really stifled the DIY enthusiast sector.

To those that say the price will drop, have you ever seen an Indian retailer drop prices or even know what he's selling. This is going to be the lifetime price of these cards. This Indian distributor + ignorant retailer nexus has really stifled the DIY enthusiast sector.
If you have followed GC releases and history on the price cuts, you will know. :) But if this is an exaggerated rant, well yeah they hardly care for international fluctuations.

If you have followed GC releases and history on the price cuts, you will know. :) But if this is an exaggerated rant, well yeah they hardly care for international fluctuations.

I agree with suf... haven't seen any/many price corrections for a given card over a period of time.

Just chill guys. This is only due to limited stocks. At least this is what I can infer from this.
2a2a6c.jpg

Per unit price is as low as 15.5k. Add duty, freight charges and local taxes, should be available for a reasonable price soon.

Thanks for this, but where did you source it from?

Apparently most of the 4gb 480 models have actually 8 gb RAM which are just locked by BIOS. Seems like this can be unlocked to 8gb by a BIOS flash. :)

The AMD announced prices seem to be not far off from what the online retailers are selling them for.

4GB = 23k + taxes ~ 25k
8GB = 27k + taxes ~ 29k

Back