Safe websites to buy a high-end watch...

One a side note .Why do u want to buy a high end watch from a shop .Go to a store and pick it up .If u are ready to spend moolah on a watch why looking out for deals and discounts ??

Metalspree said:
One a side note .Why do u want to buy a high end watch from a shop .Go to a store and pick it up .If u are ready to spend moolah on a watch why looking out for deals and discounts ??

Why not ? :p If i can get a $2000 watch for $1000 online and its original, why not get it ?

Actually jomashop. authentic watches, watchesonnet are the ppl who are selling on amazon. I got to their sites thru amazon.

Apart from the price what is the difference b/w buying a watch online and in a store. How come the websites are offering such discounts while store don't?

You can get Omega, Tag and Rolex here in India from their official dealers at the same prices as US online stores. Do not compare online prices to the glitzy showrooms in malls. Look for an Omega ad in the newspaper and go to one of the authorized stores outside of the malls. Bargain a little, up to 25% of the MRP is possible :)

Also when you buy a watch from one of the online stores, you do not get official warranty. So if something happens to your watch six months down the line, any Omega store anywhere in the world will charge you a bomb. If you buy in India, even if it is 5k more expensive, you will get standard warranty.

There is a chance that some of the watches are grey market ones, that is, original but without papers stamped by an authorised retailer or used for a little while and returned but in perfect shape. I'm quite sure Omega won't have any authorised online retailers. They'll give you only store warranty which is nowhere as professional as factory service, especially if you're looking at a good automatic.

The Seamaster in your link is the quartz one, if you're from any large metro in India you'll be able to get the automatic seamaster for anywhere between 60 and 70k with stamped papers, used but in very good condition.

Sorry for hijacking the thread...but how does the customs work out if one orders from Online stores? I want to order a watch of around 200 USD.

Otaku said:
Sorry for hijacking the thread...but how does the customs work out if one orders from Online stores? I want to order a watch of around 200 USD.

I'm not sure if you'll get charged but the duty you're charged is not based only the cost of the watch but also the materials used, movement type etc etc. I got charged 35% for a strap once, worked out to about 2100 that was paid to the fedex people.

Wolfff said:
You can get Omega, Tag and Rolex here in India from their official dealers at the same prices as US online stores. Do not compare online prices to the glitzy showrooms in malls. Look for an Omega ad in the newspaper and go to one of the authorized stores outside of the malls. Bargain a little, up to 25% of the MRP is possible :)

Also when you buy a watch from one of the online stores, you do not get official warranty. So if something happens to your watch six months down the line, any Omega store anywhere in the world will charge you a bomb. If you buy in India, even if it is 5k more expensive, you will get standard warranty.

ummm.not quite so. the seamaster model in the link is almost like 400-500 bucks more in the store in US. im not sure abt the price locally in india. moreover since my sis is planning to get herself a tag and an omega for me it would be almost like a saving a grand shopping online.

since omega,rolex, tag,rado etc are such big brands known for their quality ......do we have to worry abt warranty?? what are the chances of something going wrong to claim warranty in the initial 2 years that they offer?

movadobaby_2102_377967185
20090929171816945.jpg
movadobaby_2104_261478804

Ultimately its my decision but Im really confused between these three models....What do you guys think is looking good???????

The co-axial Planet Ocean is an automatic its bound to be more expensive than the other two, so getting that would depend on your budget.

Between the other two (left & middle), I personally like the one on the left more. Just make sure you don't get the ladies 28mm or the midsize 36.25mm ones :p

yeah thats rite ritvik. The PO is almost like double the Bond SMP.

Initially I thot of getting a bond SMp but that was untill I saw the PO series. They really threw me away. Aesthetically designed and incredibly gorgeous. Wish they have quartz PO, which wud close the gap a little. Yeah the size wud be either a 41 or 45 mm dia.

Back