Scariest PC Games that you played

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Guyz, Please post the scariest PC games that you played so far and would like to have another installment off with a little better Gameplay/Graphics.

For me

Undying
F.E.A.R
Call of Cthulhu
Blood

Hexen 2

FEAR [li'l japanese gals with hair covering their faces tend to scare me =/]

Silent hill

Head crabs of halflife....

I think that's about it....

stormblast said:
how can u forget AVP

I got bored by the game in the starting it self. so never continued. Played AVP 2 Demo and the sound effects were pretty scary.

Aditya said:
And Wolf 3D when i was a kid :O...

I too played Wolf 3D on my cousins computer as a kid, it wasnt that scary. But later I played DOOM on my first rig in 1996. It too was not so scary but my mon saw the violence in the game and asked me to stop playing it. Then I installed Blood and it was completely banned. I played it only when no ones around. :rofl:

KingKrool said:
Doom 3. I was scared to know that anyone could stand to play that game beyond one third of way... became so repetitive....

Yeah, DOOM3 was one game which failed miserably in delivering for all its hype. I had been waiting for over 3 years. Back in 2001/2002, all our talk was centered around DOOM3. Its a good engine but the kind of evnironments it was used did not do well for the engine.

Doom 3. I was scared to know that anyone could stand to play that game beyond one third of way... became so repetitive....

Hahaha, I still wonder what the hell were zombies doing holed up in hidden closets anyway :p

Blood - the whole environment was scary as was the music score.
RTCW - where you fight with the zombies, the music was scary initially.

Counterstrike ...its' late night..u are using a high a high volume headphones with sounds at max..& u are only one alive in your team & only 1 in other team..so u are walking slowly tryin to hear all the sounds nearby..& sudden *KABOOOOOOOOOOOM* .... you were HSed by a awp..:(..scary shit man...especially when i am playin when i would be sleepy..that sound alone would send some chilles to my spines..& my tio would get shocked..:rofl:

AVP/AVP2 were the scariest complete games ever... especially the marine campaign in the latter. Call of Cthulu was good too... especially the sequence where those ghouls are out for ur blood and you have to run and block the doors. However the Shalebridge Cradle level in Thief 3 takes the cake as being the scariest level i've played in any game. Silent Hill and stuff are absolutely lame compared to that.

Silent hill series.

Played it after blade told me its scary game series last year and honestly it was scary. I dont like scary games (life is scary enough) so i havent completed any of the titles completely but it was scary.

Does anyone remember system shock 2??? that was one scary game.

Call Of Cthulu ! Lovecraft's horror lives........ !

FEAR - scary initially

RTCW

Most of my scary games have been on consoles....

Resident evil Series

Silent Hill series (still remember the sewer level)

Dino crisis - A whole desolate facility and raptors and dinosaurs. Incredibly creepy.

FEAR scared ya guys?? :bleh:

AVP2, System Shock 2 (not scary so much as atmospheric), Call of Cthulhu.

in FEAR the invisible guys were a pain the arse, but once you played through you knew where they were...

Back