Suggest a Front Load washer for 20-25K

vercetti

Skilled
Hi Guys, We have finally given up on our 10 Year old Onida Washing Machine after incurring Year on Year maintenance and repair costs.
Looking to get a new front loader.

I see a lot of them with 19-25K in amazon and Flipkart - Need to know which one to buy.

Would be operated by my Mom and just 2-3 people in the family.
We have a helper to wash the daily clothes so Washing Machine maybe used once in 2-3 days

Kindly Suggest:

Below some examples that I have seen:

Hi Guys, We have finally given up on our 10 Year old Onida Washing Machine after incurring Year on Year maintenance and repair costs.
Looking to get a new front loader.

I see a lot of them with 19-25K in amazon and Flipkart - Need to know which one to buy.

Would be operated by my Mom and just 2-3 people in the family.
We have a helper to wash the daily clothes so Washing Machine maybe used once in 2-3 days

Kindly Suggest:

Below some examples that I have seen:

Mention the model number of your Onida

Are you looking to stick to the same size or get something bigger

he is looking for 6 KG. I guess for a family of 2-3, it is more than enough. we had a 5.5 KG IFB serving us 2-3 for 8-10 years without any capacity issues.

For me 6Kgs or 7Kgs both are fine...essentially As I said - Washing Machine may be used 2 times a week. So size is not much of a factor.

Looking for reliability.
In fact I dont even need one with heater function as I would actually prefer to wash the clothes with normal water...But no sure if we have such models now on good quality front loaders (between 20-25k)...

This is what I have:
https://www.amazon.in/LG-Inverter-Fully-Automatic-Loading-FH0FANDNL02/dp/B07CQ2W8GX/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2HM7FTMEV4ZOL&keywords=lg+washing+machine&qid=1568219554&s=gateway&sprefix=lg+was,aps,284&sr=8-5

Bought it because of Direct Drum - no belt between motor and drum.
The water temp can be set to upto 90 deg C.

The only problem with the machine is that once you start it, there is no way to add more clothes. The door is locked shut until the washing completes.
This is the exactly the size of machine i would advise against. It's quite small because it is direct drive and has a motor at the back. The only reason to get a machine like this is you can't get anything bigger through the door. Even the smallest belt drive FL would have bigger drum capacity. An IFB from 1990 has more volume.

I have the same model but one size up. Big difference.

Last edited:
^ i realised later that your 8kg has the same volume as my 7kg. I consider this the minimum size for any DD machine even for one person.

This KG nonsense needs to end. Someone should force the WM manufacturers to post the volume of the drum. My new Bosch 8KG has a drum smaller than the previous Whirlpool with a 6.5KG drum.

^ i realised later that your 8kg has the same volume as my 7kg. I consider this the minimum size for any DD machine even for one person.
I agree, 7kg model is the minimum for even a single person. Only reason to go for machines with smaller depth/small volume drum version 7kg models, is if you don't have the space for it.

Lg the FHT1007 and rest of 8,9 kg models have thr same drum size, only difference is that the motor is rated to spin the max cotton load at max rpm.

@Chaos In whirlpool Freshcare series 7,8,9kg all have proportional size drums and is mostly bigger then competition.

This KG nonsense needs to end. Someone should force the WM manufacturers to post the volume of the drum.
Germans do post the volume but not the Koreans. Always best to measure yourself. This means going to a store and buying from one instead of online.

My new Bosch 8KG has a drum smaller than the previous Whirlpool with a 6.5KG drum.
How much smaller ?

This is the outcome i'm trying to prevent with the OP but he isn't cooperating
Post automatically merged:

I don't understand. why it is smaller? what they are referring to in older ones and what they are referring to in newer ones?
An imaginary number they can fiddle with for marketing purposes. People see say a 7kg for the price that another of 6kg and presume its better. Or how your new machine is x kg more than your last machine. Oh! such progress

Always measure the volume and compare that way. Volumes vary between manufacturers but they cannot increase the size of the machine and these volumes hold quite well over the decades.

Last edited:
Germans do post the volume but not the Koreans. Always best to measure yourself. This means going to a store and buying from one instead of online.

How much smaller ?

This is the outcome i'm trying to prevent with the OP but he isn't cooperating
Post automatically merged:

An imaginary number they can fiddle with for marketing purposes. People see say a 7kg for the price that another of 6kg and presume its better. Or how your new machine is x kg more than your last machine. Oh! such progress

Always measure the volume and compare that way. Volumes vary between manufacturers but they cannot increase the size of the machine and these volumes hold quite well over the decades.

Don't know in terms of volume but the amount of clothes it fits is definitely less since the same laundry basket would get into the whirlpool easily while in the bosch it is a tight fit. The old whirlpool was like 14 years old though so maybe standards were different then.

Don't know in terms of volume but the amount of clothes it fits is definitely less since the same laundry basket would get into the whirlpool easily while in the bosch it is a tight fit. The old whirlpool was like 14 years old though so maybe standards were different then.
The whirlpool must have been deeper than your present bosch ?

Did you notice a difference in the external dimensions for depth with the Whirlpool

Thanks @jammy420 ...I checked the link but the washing machines suggested are 2 year old models and looks like they haven't updated the list with newer models coming out in last 2 years...
Can you give me the model number of the achine u got
I bought a washing machine last year. So whenever I research on any home appliances, I start reading https://sabhyatashergill.blogspot.com/search?q=Washing&m=1 . One of the best sites for home appliances.

Buy the one which has direct drum, not the one which has drum connected to the motor with a belt. I ended up with LG.

@Chaos , @blr_p - Any recommendation for a front load for 20K?

Back