PC Peripherals Suggest me a gaming mouse

tarey_g

Adept
Hi All,
I need suggestions on purchasing a gaming mouse, I am a leftie so please just suggest ambidextrous mice. Extra buttons on both sides is a must :cool2:
budget is upto 2500/- . :S

I don't need crazy DPI's , anything above 1500 is more than enough for me :hap2:.

One more thing, i have never used mouse pads, surface of my table does fine. How big is the difference using the mouse pads available from Razer and Steelseries ?

Increase budget and get a DeathAdder @Rs. 3400. Its totally worth it! :)

Else, Logitech MX518 @Rs. 1800 will be good for a starter.

PS: A mouse pad is a MUST! Else the mouse wont work well and will lose its skates very soon.

Buy a Razer Goliathus Omega/Alpha-speed @ Rs. 700/1100

A mouse suggestion is something like recommending clothes to someone.

Its always better to try it out - one good thing razer mice come in a book carton box, so u can actually grip and see if its comfy before buying it.

Are u a fingertip/claw grip type or palm ?

If u are spending 2k on a mouse spend on a good mousepad to protect that investment.

@sato he said hes a leftie, so mx518 is a no go :p

IF you don't have a good mouse pad then I'll definitely suggest the MX518 (~1.5k) + any good mouse pad (~.7-1k ) for your budget..

Only point is MX518 is heavy and need a bit large palm for a good grip.

EDIT: oOps you are leftie :p

sato1986 said:
Krait n Salmosa arent options as the OP needs side buttons.

and DeathAdder has got buttons on both sides?

He can use the ring/little finger for the side buttons.

Now, Copperhead has side buttons on both the sides, you cant use your thumb to adjust the DPI, ring finger has to be used. It isnt exactly comfortable.

mjumrani said:
^nope. just 1 side. 1 annoyance thoh. whenever pc starts the mouse has the lowest dpi. have to set it all the time

Even with the drivers installed ?

nixy_15 said:
He can use the ring/little finger for the side buttons.

Now, Copperhead has side buttons on both the sides, you cant use your thumb to adjust the DPI, ring finger has to be used. It isnt exactly comfortable.

Even with the drivers installed ?

yup. all drivers n softwares installed

So its either Copperhead or Diamondback 3G for me, Which one is better among these (excluding the 32k mem copperhead has to save profiles). Copperhead is 20$ costlier , is it worth ?

tarey_g said:
So its either Copperhead or Diamondback 3G for me, Which one is better among these (excluding the 32k mem copperhead has to save profiles). Copperhead is 20$ costlier , is it worth ?

I'm using CopperHead since 3 years now and it has been awesome.

Now, between CH and DB 3G, the diamondback has side buttons on its rubber grip, many dont like that.

CH has 1000Hz Ultrapollingâ„¢ / 1ms response time.

CH will feel a little bigger than the DB, so its preferred if you have a large palm.

The Razer Synapseâ„¢ onboard memory comes handy when you use your mouse on diff. computers.

Though the diff might be $20, but here @ TE its only INR 350. Better get it directly from Razer Store as they have a free shiping offfer for 2 days (talking abt DB).

As far as the looks are concerned, both are similar but CH has a pulsating LED for the centre logo. It looks cool.

Not much difference between the two. So it all depends upon your budget. CH is definitely worth the extra 350 bucks.

Remember to buy a Gaming mat for it. Goliathus would be good.

^^ Thx all for the inputs,

I have ordered a Tempest Blue Copperhead for 2950/- (Pune). :D

I didn't get diamondback due to the buttons on glowpipe, adn price difference was 400 here between the two, not much when you are investing on a hardware that you will use for next few years.

Gaming mat question still remains, Goliathus is a soft mat and i have always worked on a hard surface of table. Never liked mats, first will chk the mouse on table if it works fine then will drop the idea of mat.

Back