Survey on use of plastic bags in Supermarkets

Nikhil

Skilled
Guys,

A friend of mine is conducting a survey for her MSc course.

It would be really nice of you guys to fill in this DOC file and upload it again for me to download.

Regards

Nikhil

Attachments

• Questionnaire - Plastic bags wo pics .doc
    65.5 KB · Views: 133
Tell him to use google docs or survey monkey or something similar. Much more convenient to fill up as well as aggregate results.

Well, she has used some pics and a table which she says is very important.

Cant use google docs.

Please have a look at the doc and let me know if there is a way I can use google docs or surveymonkey.

How about this?

Please spend 5 minutes and fill in this multiple choice survey. It's for a friend who is conducting it.

Trust me, it wont take longer than 5 minutes. I've had to split it into 3 parts because Surveymonkey doesnt allow more than 10 Qs in one survey.
Use of Plastic bags in Supermarkets: Part 1 Survey

Use of Plastic Bags in supermarkets: Part 2 Survey

Use of Plastic Bags in supermarkets: Part 3 Survey

Attached my answers :) Have highlighted the preferred options in Bold.

Attachments

67 KB · Views: 111
Guys,

Sincere apologies.

the surveymonkey thing didnt work out. Backfired badly.

Could you please just update the answers in this DOC file and upload it here?

Thanks.

Attachments

65.5 KB · Views: 84
although i have not filled the form yet..

i do want one of my doubts to be cleared...

is it about all plastic bags or only polythene? (again.. polythene below the specific thickness)

because most super markets use good quality plastic bags which one can easily reuse.. however the questions and symptoms mentioned in the survey doc are mostly related to polythene which you will not find at most/any supermarket at present.

even local shops in my area have stopped using them...

i do feel that the correction should be made in order to make the survey accurate.

Attached my response.

Also, even though supermarkets use good quality bags, still it is non-biodegradable plastic at the end of the day. And I see many supermarkets using multiple smaller bags instead of using bigger bags thus adding to the problem. Big Bazaar used to heat-seal them earlier, which would render the bags totally useless, now they have started using clips.

I saw a banner at Shoprite Hyper where they have mentioned that people getting their own bags are welcome to carry with them. That is a step towards reducing plastic usage. Hope other supermarkets follow suit. I rarely see people getting their own bags. What does it cost to take our own cloth or jute bags? I have started doing it now. Hope more of us realize that plastics are an urban evil..

Attachments

71.5 KB · Views: 101
OT: This supermarket & bakery retail chain which goes by the name Varkeys in Kerala have adopted the usage of cloth bags for Re. 1.

Instead of imposing taxes, which I agree would dissuade people from using plastic bags, how about giving out jute bags at the supermarket in place of plastic bags. At least for purchases above 500/-

madnav said:
although i have not filled the form yet..
i do want one of my doubts to be cleared...

is it about all plastic bags or only polythene? (again.. polythene below the specific thickness)

because most super markets use good quality plastic bags which one can easily reuse.. however the questions and symptoms mentioned in the survey doc are mostly related to polythene which you will not find at most/any supermarket at present.
even local shops in my area have stopped using them...
i do feel that the correction should be made in order to make the survey accurate.
It doesnt matter. As someone else mentioned on the thread, plastic is plastic. It's still non-biodegradable. You may re-use them, but for how long? Once they tear, you will throw them away.
metalbandit said:
Attached my response.

Also, even though supermarkets use good quality bags, still it is non-biodegradable plastic at the end of the day. And I see many supermarkets using multiple smaller bags instead of using bigger bags thus adding to the problem. Big Bazaar used to heat-seal them earlier, which would render the bags totally useless, now they have started using clips.

I saw a banner at Shoprite Hyper where they have mentioned that people getting their own bags are welcome to carry with them. That is a step towards reducing plastic usage. Hope other supermarkets follow suit. I rarely see people getting their own bags. What does it cost to take our own cloth or jute bags? I have started doing it now. Hope more of us realize that plastics are an urban evil..

Thank you for your response :)

manoja2k said:
Done the online survey

The online survey is useless. Please fill in the DOC file and upload it here :)

Back