Video Tata Sky launches HD pvr for just 3990 (Update: with Star Plus & Star Movies HD)

mjumrani said:
Luckily, Ten Sports is showing the CL matches not Ten Action+, so until next season no subscription...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Jesus christ, ten sports is not showing the match. Stupid website of theirs. SCRAMBLE
their website is a joke better follow burrp.tv somewhat true timings

Hi guys, going to get 32" LCD and Tata sky HD. So will there be PQ difference for HD channels between Full HD(1920 x 1080) and HD-ready(1366 x 768) LCDs. Some say 32" full HD or HD ready, no difference in PQ. How true is that?

You won't see a noticeable difference in 32" LCDs between a 720p and a 1080p. Chances are you would be viewing from a 5 - 6 ft distance, and at that distance both TVs would give largely similar picture.

Anyone using the tata sky app to control the DVR with your phone? They still dont have one for android out unfortunately :( But ive seen BB, iphone, and java support listed

hunt3r said:
Anyone using the tata sky app to control the DVR with your phone? They still dont have one for android out unfortunately :( But ive seen BB, iphone, and java support listed
I'm using it on my BB!

hunt3r said:

I am using it on my Nokia 5800. Its awesome!!!

Okey. Quick question. I have recorded POP: Sands of Time, WC Finals, SemiFinals, Quarter Finals in HD on my DVR. Now I wan't to transfer this to my PC for my HD collection. How to go about it. I have a HD 4870 and a TV Tuner(Generic). I guess I would require a HD Video Capture card but is there any way to do this with the existing hardware.

TIA

Switch

Switch said:
Okey. Quick question. I have recorded POP: Sands of Time, WC Finals, SemiFinals, Quarter Finals in HD on my DVR. Now I wan't to transfer this to my PC for my HD collection. How to go about it. I have a HD 4870 and a TV Tuner(Generic). I guess I would require a HD Video Capture card but is there any way to do this with the existing hardware.

TIA

Switch
use the unencrypted way to copy i.e. thru composite output. The hdmi output might be encrypted (not sure though - the user manual does not state it).
even i need to copy lot of recorded programs to my hdd. was thinking of getting a hdmi tuner card. can you try and let me know the maximum resolution you can capture through composite output? i know the dvr supports 1080i out through composite out since my external tuner can see those signals.
On a side note i saw that there is slow motion fast forward in this which is undocumented.
Press pause while playing a recorded program and then press the fast forward button. It increments in steps of 1/10x, then 1/7x, 1/4x, 1/2x and plays normally. ;)

Seeing teasers from ESPN & Star Sports + Star Cricket about their hd channels coming soon. wonder if they will be on tatasky...

ESPN Star Sports today announced the launch of two new channels in 'High Definition' format to boost its already existing broadcasting network in the country.

With the introduction of ESPN HD and Star Cricket HD the broadcaster has expanded its bouquet to five channels in India, which includes ESPN, Star Cricket and Star Sports apart from the two new channels.
The highly anticipated India's cricket tour of England starting July 21, will be the first premier event to be showcased live on Star Cricket HD, which will be followed by other premier events such as the Champions LeagueT20 and India's tour of Australia.

Meanwhile, ESPN HD will broadcast F1 action from the Hungarian Grand Prix, GP2 Series and other events like the US Senior Open Golf and Major League Baseball in the month of July to be followed next month with the start of the highly anticipated 2011-2012 season of the Barclays Premier League.

ESPN Star Sports launches two new HD channels

Star Cricket HD and ESPN HD launched today, 24x7 HD channels. BPL, F1 etc. will be available on ESPN HD. :D

TS has added Star Cricket HD already, hopefully ESPN HD willl follow soon. Can't wait to watch F1 in HD. :clap:

Anyone getting an irritating green border around the picture in star sports? been seeing it from a week or so. Thought it was cause of external tuner, but even the internal HD capture card shows that clearly.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

puns said:
no green border here on normal watch in different sized tv's. must be your capture card.

I dont think so. i have an external tv tuner and i get that green border on the sides. The internal card i just got yesterday, and as you can see the border comes on almost all sides.

If it was the tuner or card fault it would come on all sd channels. But it comes only on Star Sports. not on any other channel.

My existing Airtel DTH has expired so I am looking at options.

Called up TataSky helpline and got the following package for HD connection:

TS HD: 2599 (includes free installation, hardware, HDMI cable and 12 mtr cabling)

TS HD+: 3990 + 500 installation (includes hardware, HDMI cable and 24 mtr cabling)

As far as channel packages go, this is what I got:

Mega pack - 5300 annual subscription (contains all channels plus all HD channels) - comes to 441 per month

Grand sports - 3605 annual subscription (all sports channels and no HD channels) - comes to 300 per month (typically 380 otherwise)

HD Pack: 75 per month (channels include: Star Plus, Star movies, Star world, star gold, star cricket, nat geo and discovery)

Sounds interesting, planning to go with the HD+ box along with grand sports pack and will try HD pack for a month.

Other option was Dish TV:

They have 41 HD channels it seems but not any star channels.

They don't have a recorder STB, so its just plain HD STB.

Connection cost:

2990 - includes 2 months HD Royal pack (this is their top of the line package, has all HD + SD channel) - this pack is typically 550 pm

4990 - includes 6 months HD Royal pack (this is their top of the line package, has all HD + SD channel) - this pack is typically 550 pm

7990 - includes 12 months HD Royal pack (this is their top of the line package, has all HD + SD channel) - this pack is typically 550 pm

One big attraction for DTV is that they hve Movies NOW in HD which is absent in Tata Sky, but then Tata Sky has all star channels.

So friends which one seems more attractive? Also how is the electronic program guide of these 2? I'm used to Airtel for 2 yrs and found it to be very intuitive and user friendly. Also the airtel remote is universal.

Cheers

One of my friends recently got a Tata Sky HD Plus box after he got fed up with the Sun HD service but he says that the quality on the TS box is just horrible as compared to Sun HD.

He called up TS CC and an engineer visited his house saying that the signal is perfect and there's no problem.

After seeing his TS in action, I must say that the quality didn't seem very encouraging although I haven't seen Sun HD.

After googling and asking around we found that this problem seems to be pretty widespread and it seems that even Dish HD is having far superior PQ.

We both are slowly getting to a conclusion that Tata brand name itself should be avoided going by their cars and now this.

Back