Video Tata Sky launches HD pvr for just 3990 (Update: with Star Plus & Star Movies HD)

^ Tata Sky does have its share of fanbois. I am a Tata Sky subscriber since their year of launch and what I have noticed is that the picture quality is on par with what I have seen on Dish TV and Airtel in the same area. Likewise, I have seen better picture quality on both Dish TV and Tata Sky at a different area. It does depend on the actual location too, applying a blanket rule generally doesn't work in this case

Is it worth getting the BIG TV instead of TATA SKY for the upscaled contents?

and BIG has 1080p against TS's 1080i should it matter?

Thank you

The HD pack became 75 per month now. Was 55 or 60 first i think.

Must be because of that Star Sports HD which shows ads too inspite of being a premium channel. :mad:

New HD channel - History TV18 (Channel 569) in HD started from 2-3 days back.

And Neo Cricket HD is coming shortly for duration of India vs England series that starts this October.

6pack said:
New HD channel - History TV18 (Channel 569) in HD started from 2-3 days back.
And Neo Cricket HD is coming shortly for duration of India vs England series that starts this October.

History TV18 at channel #569 doesn't look like HD. It's the SD feed I think.

^ Nope, mostly only cricket matches in HD. No space for TS to add more channels hence they're dropping less popular channels to add the new ones like History, Neo HD for Ind-Eng series etc. ESPN HD is very important but sadly it doesn't look like it's coming to TS anytime soon.

arun687 said:
History TV18 at channel #569 doesn't look like HD. It's the SD feed I think.

yup its sd feed. The channel shows some of their ads in between and shows "in HD" i think. Will put up a screenshot if i'm able to capture it.

channels seems to show old discovery and ngc programming only. wonder what new things they're talking of in the ads showing salman khan.

edit:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The latest software update seems to have enabled the lan port for downloading VOD. I dont have a lan switch to see whether they have enabled folder browsing/ copying or if its one way traffic only. Can anyone check this?

Back