TE PC Buying Guide (updated 21 feb 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice Comprehensive advice. A suggestion on ODD : There are so many reviews specifying that LiteOns are better, ASUS model is better under certain batches. Will it not be better to add particular model numbers which give little edge in terms of Speed, noise, etc. ? Just a suggestion.

Also some people might even want a Lightscribe if in High-End Rigs at-least.

@Darkangel
I ve been building a rig based upon your medium gaming rig details but couldn't decide to which monitor should I go with . wanted to know whether Samsung b2230 or benq g2220 hd is having more vfm with regard to warranty and aftersales also ? Is a seagate hd better for this budget ?

The SB reviews are out and the i5 2500K($216-->11k-11.5k) seems to hit 4.4GHz in stock cooler and 5Ghz with Megahalems :O Should be the processor to watch out for in the mid range section.

Even the i7 2600K(~17k) thrashes the i7 950. So those who have a budget of 50k+ and looking to spend 10k or more on ur CPU's hold on tight and u will get a great upgrade via SB :D

Even ppl with slightly tighter budgets hold on as it might prompt AMD to sell their Thubans for even lesser money :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sreegu said:
@Darkangel

I ve been building a rig based upon your medium gaming rig details but couldn't decide to which monitor should I go with . wanted to know whether Samsung b2230 or benq g2220 hd is having more vfm with regard to warranty and aftersales also ? Is a seagate hd better for this budget ?
If u live in a big city then A.S.S shouldnt be an issue and both are decent monitors. U can save few 100's by going for the Benq.

Seagate is better VFM in my opinion.

If u havent started a thread regarding the rig then do so as members can chip in with their views/suggestions and tune up ur config. ATB :)

jaydipmori said:
Nice job >>>> i m gonna go 1.33 l pc >> for my next upgrade
Wait up and get the i5 2500K/2600K and a good P67 mobo and upgrade to that. unfortunately K series processors still unavailable in India :(

A new Feb 2011 guide will come up once Sandy's and P67 mobo availability is decent enough in India :)

nehaladsul said:
It's for a friend... He already has a Kingston 2GB Module and so wants the new one to be Kingston as well... :p
All TE dealers are selling Corsair these days. Check lammy. Should be similar pricing to Corsair's.

Hi,

I bought a AMD system about 3 weeks back from Nehru Place:

From Cost2Cost:
AMD Phenom II X2 555BE - Rs4100
MSI 880GMA-E41 - Rs4000
Corsair Value Select 1333 2*2 - Rs 2000
Elite 310 - Rs 1400

From SMC:
Tacen 500W - Rs 2400

Rest of components used from my old system.

Important info:
I have successfully Unlocked the extra 2 cores, working great:eek:hyeah:.
System has been overclocked 15% using the overclocking switch on motherboard.

Question:
I am thinking of getting a Graphic card to go with above setup and a Dell monitor with 1680*1080 resolution. Please suggest(fan of racing and strategy games. going back to gaming after about 7 years of hiatus)

Thanks,
Rob

^Whats the ratinngs on your PSU? How many AMPS in +12V/+12V1,+12V2?

A MSI HD5770 1GB GDDR5 ~ 7.7k would do pretty good at that resolution.

If you have the budget then get the MSI HD6850 1GB GDDR5 ~ 10.2k as it will let you play more future releases than a HD5770.

Not sure how good your PSU is. So revert back the CPU to stock clock after adding a GPU.

DarkAngel said:
[*]The intel alternative is also an equally good option with i-3 530 and i-3 540 prices dipping to ~4.8k-5k.
[*]It also brings in more overclock headroom and lowered power consumption.
[/List]

Components Description Price (INR)
Processor i3 - 540 (3.06 GHz, 2 cores, 4MB Cache) 4900
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H55-UD3H 4500

Hi DarkAngel,

the mobo Gigabyte GA-H55-UD3H is good but it has 2 pci-e slots which is of no use to me, 1 is enough

Could you please suggest following for i-3
1. Mobo around the same budget as ga-h55 but with just one pci-e slot
and better onboard gfx
2. cheaper mobo(but shuld hav onboard gfx, lower is ok) + gfx card combo

and thnx for the gr8 guide.

The guide has been tweaked with new price update, recommendation based on availabilty and new GPUs in the market. Waiting for the new SB chipsets for a new guide. Till then i will keep updating prices and change recommendations based on availability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back