The "Everyday" show-off thread !

My First Headphones costing more than 1k :)
3LIJs9FLrrYY_SjBo5bHV4ao8SVNvHI7JseY8RSxxHs=w1086-h805-no

15%2B-%2B3

The Omega 46065:

WP_20150202_12_30_22_Pro_zps42ba3c61.jpg

You get:

1. A Boar brush.
2. Shaving stand. +A tube case. (Side of the box shows the stand).
3. A tub of cream. Which is basically the fabled Proraso but rebranded for Omega.

Nice red handled brush, should make for good shaving. Plus the stand+tube will aid in travelling, even with slightly damp brushes.

The camera strap diy showoff.
make of kangaroo leather lace (extremely strong)
no knots in the middle. so its a single lace all along. used 4 strands to hold the camera so I think it should carry upto 5-6kgs without breaking. They claim that single strand can handle 2-3kgs I tried to break it but it was very tough.
Cobra knots. since I was being lazy, I did not make it with patience. you will need patience of grandma to do things like this. anyways, the final outcome is pretty cool :)
camstrap.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1423119399][/DOUBLEPOST]
DSC01151.JPG

That white balance body cap is a must have for every photographer out there. just throw away the body cap and buy this. :D

Last edited:
10959838_10204640938558150_478605958428915311_n.jpg

New kindle touch is way more faster than the previous gen one. And the touch screen is welcome change and easy to use than the non-touch version. This one is exactly like a paperwhite on software basis, but without back light. Paying another 4k for a backlight is deal breaker for me as i can buy clip led light which costs much lesser.

1) Touch screen is very responsive.
2) Easy to navigate than the Non-touch version.
3) Page refresh rate is around 20% faster than the previous Kindle 2012 version( non-touch version)
4) Screen quality is very sharp and better.
5) On software basis its exactly like a paperwhite.

Last edited:
Congratulations, Kindle 2014 is a great buy! I agree with all your observations as I have used a unit myself a month ago.
Paying another 4k for a backlight is deal breaker for me as i can buy clip led light which costs much lesser.
I have Kobo Glo, so I have a bit of a perspective on this.
Trust me when I say that there is a sea of difference between a frontlit ereader and a cheaper non frontlit ereader with similar specifications.
You may love your Ereader's feel and make do with a clip on light sometimes. But once you get the feel of a frontlit ereader, you'll never want to go back.
I read with the Glolight on even in well lit surroundings!
Its not just about illumination you see,
the whole feel of my Glo changes when I switch the Glo Light on. Its hard to quantify the difference by a simple description.
Just that the text feels sharper, the background whiter and closer to what a book should be.
But once I turn it off everything feels dull and dreary, like reading a novel on a calculator screen lol :D

I do agree that front light really helps but believe me paying extra 4K for only frontlight is not needed by me. As I read mostly on light on. Btw, I just skipped the kobo glo from ebay as the warranty support is not like Kindle.

I do agree that front light really helps but believe me paying extra 4K for only frontlight is not needed by me. As I read mostly on light on. Btw, I just skipped the kobo glo from ebay as the warranty support is not like Kindle.
yes you are right when it comes to warranty,
buying a Kobo is like Russian Roulette, you never know when you'd get shot
no after sales service, and if you are unlucky your Kobo device would be a paperweight in 6-7 months.
But thankfully mine is a vanilla no defect piece (touchwood).

Amazon is much much much safer and reliable in that aspect :)

yes you are right when it comes to warranty,
buying a Kobo is like Russian Roulette, you never know when you'd get shot
no after sales service, and if you are unlucky your Kobo device would be a paperweight in 6-7 months.
But thankfully mine is a vanilla no defect piece (touchwood).

Amazon is much much much safer and reliable in that aspect :)
Anyway ebay seller would help if something went wrong. My friend also got the same as yours. Just keep one thing in mind, this ereader are very delicate which need to be protected very well. Use hard bookcover to protect your kobo. My last kindle (non-touch version) went kaput as I sat on it :p

hey Amazon wouldn't have covered physical damage even if under warranty, would they?
Yeah but I would have told them a different story. :p As you cannot see any glimpse of physical damage. The screen froze instantly after that heavy impact :p
Anyway previous gen kindle have the problem of screen freezing, i saw some on google.

The extra 4K for the backlight is definitely worth it (I am using one). The light works quite brilliantly and gives you the flexibility to read in any light situation. Amazon would be happy to upgrade it for you if you pay the difference.

The extra 4K for the backlight is definitely worth it (I am using one). The light works quite brilliantly and gives you the flexibility to read in any light situation. Amazon would be happy to upgrade it for you if you pay the difference.

Anyway I don't need that feature as my purpose is to get a cheapest ebook reader available in a market.

Anyway ebay seller would help if something went wrong. My friend also got the same as yours. Just keep one thing in mind, this ereader are very delicate which need to be protected very well. Use hard bookcover to protect your kobo. My last kindle (non-touch version) went kaput as I sat on it :p
I had cut a piece of cardboard that covers the entire front of my Kobo Glo, then I put it in front of the reader and insert the assembly in a cloth pouch. Since the screen is a bit recessed from the device frame, the cardboard prevents anything from touching the screen, Simple DIY protection system for 50/-

Last edited:
I had cut a piece of cardboard that covers the entire front of my Kobo Glo, than I put it in front of the reader and put the assembly in a cloth pouch. Since the screen is a bit recessed from the device frame, the cardboard prevents anything touching the screen, Simple DIY protection system for 50/-
Please post some pic of it.

Back