The "Everyday" show-off thread !

Its all related to the work I do. In my company, we can use any machine we want as long as it runs company OS Image.

The scripts are are powershell cmdlets or bash scripts to check/read telemetry in server boxes, do some JIT operations and stuff. TBs of data generated per second.

Sometimes, running the scripts mean unresponsive machines.

That sounds fun and exciting. Wish we were also that lucky :(

Just got these.. IE80
Shot on Oneplus 5

Attachments

• IMG_20170703_001245.jpg
    IMG_20170703_001245.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 361
Got 5 more fish tank filters... 3 arrived yesterday from Amazon, remaining 2 are on the way...

DSCF5529.jpg

2X SunSun HW-304A + 1 X SunSun HW-302

These are for a new 7ft X 2 ft X 2ft (210 Gallon) fish tank I'm setting up at home. The HW-302 will be used as a back up. The remaining 2 Eheim Professional series filters I'll be receiving soon.

Got 5 more fish tank filters... 3 arrived yesterday from Amazon, remaining 2 are on the way...

2X SunSun HW-304A + 1 X SunSun HW-302

These are for a new 7ft X 2 ft X 2ft (210 Gallon) fish tank I'm setting up at home. The HW-302 will be used as a back up. The remaining 2 Eheim Professional series filters I'll be receiving soon.

Awesome! Post pics of the aquarium after completion.

Awesome! Post pics of the aquarium after completion.

Awritey, will post photographs of it once it's completed. Just got the iron stand built today. It's absolutely humongous! The entire tank filled in with 200+ gallons of water will weigh in at almost 1 Ton!!

I started with a sort of a budget on this build but now it has passed that figure by a long margin, LoL :D

Wow! Looking forward to the pics. The joy of building an aquarium is comparable to building a PC
What fishes are you planning to get? Are you going for a planted or non planted setup?

My first dslr, got in Amazon Prime day sale.
For general portraits, mostly of the new member in our family - yeah I became a dad on this April. :)
Will get a 50mm prime - hope that would suffice my requirement. (now just got the kit lens)

Canon_1300d.jpg

I have been tracking this for last few weeks, price was almost constant around 21.9K (on fk also) for that time. I was waiting for some cc offers. Damn, before I could realize, GST happened. But I am not sure if it was due to GST or the prime day sale, price was increased, on both sites - till at least 26/27K. For 10 days I had checked at least twice daily, cursing my luck. Finally on the prime day, it returned to original price and this time, though I didn't have hdfc card, I ordered finally.

Planning to get this - Canon EF 50mm - seems like a decent deal. Have some 20k payback points, ~5k INR. :)

broke the bank completing my rig and my networking requirements. These are probably going to be my last big purchases for the year. Still need a NAS setup (Synology available in India/Bombay?) and a couple of camera's before i turn my attention to my home AV.. but for now.. I'm done....... i guess... i hope :p

Tos50JP.jpg

Old IEMs broke, got a new pair

fSDMdvw.jpg

SZ0LqDC.jpg

IUGF4eg.jpg

Initial impressions, yes bassy. Sounds ok out of the box, mp3 sound a bit flat, needs some burn in. But then I connected it to the FiiO 10K and turned on the flaccs and it really opened up. Soundstage is narrow, as expected, so is imaging, but vocals and mids are coming through decently.

Last edited:
@Jc36 Good old M2's, it's perfect for electronic music and was one of the best v-shaped iem's in its price bracket when it first came out.
I've gone through 3 of them because I was a klutz, cost me 2800, 3200 and 3600 respectively, how much are they charging for these nowadays ?

@Jc36 Good old M2's, it's perfect for electronic music and was one of the best v-shaped iem's in its price bracket when it first came out.
I've gone through 3 of them because I was a klutz, cost me 2800, 3200 and 3600 respectively, how much are they charging for these nowadays ?

3499 currently, seems like that's the mrp now, no discounts in Amazon :( Yeah I am noticing it's V shape, have a AD500X that's more or less reference, wanted something more fun sounding for the phone. Half considered going all out on IE80, but the Indian price is just atrocious and getting it from US would take another month.

Just got these.. IE80
Shot on Oneplus 5

Where did you get them from? Indian prices are more than double than Amazon.com's :(

Half considered going all out on IE80, but the Indian price is just atrocious and getting it from US would take another month.

I've set a price limit of 5k for myself when it comes to iem's, doesn't matter how much they cost or how careful you are with em they're bound to fail, that could be said for any electronic item but after going through so many pairs over the years I've pretty much give up on iem's. The last one I bought was a Shozy Zero over a year back which cost me 4k and is still working somehow.
That Indian pricing for the IE80 is ridiculous btw, you shouldn't be plonking half that amount without auditioning em anyways. From the pics they also look similar to the IE8 which I've tried out, sound quality was good and it came with detachable cables iirc but they were too big and uncomfortable for my ears.

P.S. Am I out of the loop or is the hi-fi industry a bit stagnant these days ? Haven't heard of any new groundbreaking or impressive products in over a year, that includes DAC's, AMP's, passive speakers, IEM's and headphones.

P.S. Am I out of the loop or is the hi-fi industry a bit stagnant these days ? Haven't heard of any new groundbreaking or impressive products in over a year, that includes DAC's, AMP's, passive speakers, IEM's and headphones.

I am no expert either, just read up whenever I am in the market for a headphone/IEM. Lot of quality options are coming up though, dual and triple driver and balanced armature options are getting cheaper.

Wow! Looking forward to the pics. The joy of building an aquarium is comparable to building a PC
What fishes are you planning to get? Are you going for a planted or non planted setup?

The tank has a little story attached to it. About a couple of years ago, I walked into my local aquarium fish shop and noticed 4 Goldfish being housed in a small tank. The quality of water in the tank was anything but pristine, they looked underfed and one of them had a nasty cut on it's fins. I could tell the fish were extremely unhappy being stuck in such poor conditions. I had to do something. I needed to rescue them. I got all of them, brought them home, and have had them with me in a 120 gallon (4' X 2' X 2') tank ever since. Over the last two years they have grown to become lovely beauties and become an integral part of my fish keeping hobby. Watching them become such colorful splendors have given me immense joy. Their structural growth has improved, their cuts and wounds have healed and their long flowing fins are now healthy.

Thus, I finally decided to give them an even bigger home. A ground they could call their own and what better way to give them a 7' (L) X 2' (H) X 2' (W) tank which can hold 800 liters of water!

Of course I will be adding more Goldies in the new tank.

The glass arrived in the mean time...

2a6r2ad.jpg

Glass Thickness: 12mm
Dimensions: 7 Feet (L) X 2 Feet (H) X 2 Feet (Width)
Fish Tank Build Type: Rimless with Euro Bracing
Glass Weight: 150Kg's (approx.)
Full Tank Weight With Water: 1 Ton

I had initially thought of a certain budget regarding this build but that figure quickly got surpassed when I started to pick up the filtration equipment. Since then I decided no more being constricted by a pre-planned budget, I would much rather choose and get the things I like for the project. The tank should be complete by next week. I have managed to appointed the best aquarium maker in Kolkata and he will be coming to put it all together.

Last edited:
I am no expert either, just read up whenever I am in the market for a headphone/IEM. Lot of quality options are coming up though, dual and triple driver and balanced armature options are getting cheaper.
I support the statement...
I used (Still use) - HYB - Brainwavz M2, M4i, UE TF10vi, UE 6000, Senheisser, px200, Sony xd200, Mi piston2, in ear 3...
But my daily driver is a Mi In ear hd (Pro)...
I get 90% of UE TF10vi quality at 20% of the price...
Please check all options present, because, you might not need the creamy layer always..

The tank has a little story attached to it. About a couple of years ago, I walked into my local aquarium fish shop and noticed 4 Goldfish being housed in a small tank. The quality of water in the tank was anything but pristine, they looked underfed and one of them had a nasty cut on it's fins. I could tell the fish were extremely unhappy being stuck in such poor conditions. I had to do something. I needed to rescue them. I got all of them, brought them home, and have had them with me in a 120 gallon (4' X 2' X 2') tank ever since. Over the last two years they have grown to become lovely beauties and become an integral part of my fish keeping hobby. Watching them become such colorful splendors have given me immense joy. Their structural growth has improved, their cuts and wounds have healed and their long flowing fins are now healthy.

Thus, I finally decided to give them an even bigger home. A ground they could call their own and what better way to give them a 7' (L) X 2' (H) X 2' (W) tank which can hold 800 liters of water!

Of course I will be adding more Goldies in the new tank.

The glass arrived in the mean time...
Glass Thickness: 12mm
Dimensions: 7 Feet (L) X 2 Feet (H) X 2 Feet (Width)
Fish Tank Build Type: Rimless with Euro Bracing
Glass Weight: 150Kg's (approx.)
Full Tank Weight With Water: 1 Ton

I had initially thought of a certain budget regarding this build but that figure quickly got surpassed when I started to pick up the filtration equipment. Since then I decided no more being constricted by a pre-planned budget, I would much rather choose and get the things I like for the project. The tank should be complete by next week. I have managed to appointed the best aquarium maker in Kolkata and he will be coming to put it all together.

Can you ballpark the figure?

This reminds me of my fish keeping hobby couple of decades back (Did I just type that? I am not ancient.) It was all in small bottles and globes. All died. :(.

My parents were not receptive of my fish keeping hobby. But i kept it going for few months without anyone noticing. But the underfeeding and less frequency of water changing couple with NO filtering killed all.

Haven't thought of this for quite sometime.

Me and pets are never a happy story.

This reminds me of my fish keeping hobby couple of decades back (Did I just type that? I am not ancient.) It was all in small bottles and globes. All died. :(.

My parents were not receptive of my fish keeping hobby. But i kept it going for few months without anyone noticing. But the underfeeding and less frequency of water changing couple with NO filtering killed all.

Haven't thought of this for quite sometime.

Me and pets are never a happy story.

It's actually very hard to keep fishes alive in smaller containers (<10gal). The small amount of water gets polluted way too fast and becomes toxic for fish. Too many frequent water changes are also harmful for the fishes. Lack of space and hiding places adds more stress to the fishes.

Where did you get them from? Indian prices are more than double than Amazon.com's :(
Got them from UK, my brother was travelling, they are pre-owned, got them for approx 100 pounds.
Jc36 said:
I owned TF10s in the past, dual and triple BAs are good if you like better control on music, as they are faster but on the flip side the sound stage isn't that great and the bass is on the lower end. TF10s were an exception on the bass front but after my previous pair got stolen I was not able to find a decent pair in India since they got discontinued long back.
IE80s are an upgrade over my Vsonic GR07s

Back