The Photography Thread !

^Thanks for the info.

Here's a few HDRs. Merged in Photomatix & further processed in PS. Taken at the same time as the other pics I'd uploaded earlier. Thanks for looking, :).

Edit: Any critique is most welcome.

BandstandHDR04_P1040809_10_11.jpg

BandstandHDR06_P1040868_69_70.jpg

BandstandHDR02_P1040865_6_7.jpg

BandstandHDR03_P1040853_4_5.jpg

Quite liked the headshot of the boy, esp. the catch light. Would like to have seen that guy in the bg cloned out though. Good job nonehteless. Could you please share the exif in brief?

Shot at 4 in the morning with the Tamron 90mm

Moth by Freaky@TE, on Flickr

Turned out to be an extremely difficult one - It was sitting on one corner of a switch box :p Taken with flash bounced off the ceiling

Not my picture, but my caption for the person above :p

yu3Qy.png

I-dont-know-what-it-is lizard from Kakum National park, Ghana. Taken with a 450D and a Tamron 90mm.

RU0ZO.jpg

some captures from a recent visit to Amboli

canon 5dmk3 + canon 17-40 f4L

047a4486.jpg

canon 5dmk3 + canon 100mm 2.8 macro + canon 430 ex II

Malabar Pit Viper (brown morph)

047a4326.jpg

Green Vine snake

047a4313.jpg

Malabar Gliding frog

047a3860.jpg

sumchamp: Quite liked the 2nd one. Especially the oof flowers (nice touch having the red ones as well) in the background.
Brendon: Is that HDR?
Nope, used a 3 stop hard edge GND filter. Am attempting to avoid shooting HDRs henceforth as I find the output a bit too unnatural. However not all shots can be done with a GND filter (especially city scapes with an uneven transition from sky to ground. A soft edge filter can work but HDR can give better results.)

Nope, used a 3 stop hard edge GND filter. Am attempting to avoid shooting HDRs henceforth as I find the output a bit too unnatural. However not all shots can be done with a GND filter (especially city scapes with an uneven transition from sky to ground. A soft edge filter can work but HDR can give better results.)

Why not submit some of your photos at Nat Geo ? :)

Back