The Photography Thread !

7584365550_98efa1bfd2_b.jpg

7584365814_6a6e8ccf95_b.jpg

A couple of delicious shots.....

@apollyon & Brendon : Thanks for the insight. Much appreciated! :)

#Brendon: When you say in-camera HDR, are you referring to cameras which process exposures & give a tonemapped image, or to use of GND? I'm just confused here. If there are cams which actually process HDRs, then that's news to me. :)

Anshul: Liked how you captured the moment. Thumbs up!

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Have a look at the Sony SLTs - A35/A37/A55/A57/A65/A77 all can process HDRs in camera itself. :) It is very handy indeed. I had used it quite extensively in my last outing on the beach.
Anshul - Beautiful shot!! Very cute.
rravikantt - Great shot!! Wish we could see the mother and the little one more clearly.

@viralbug & rravikkant - Thanks for the clarification on the in-camera HDR feature. Cameras sure are advanced these days!
@rravikantt : For the pic above, what camera settings & lens have you used. That blur seems unnatural imho.

^^ I think I clicked it last month. It was a REALLY REALLY fantastic sunset but I didn't get a single click as the security scooted us from the spot at 6:45 or so just when the sunset was starting. By the time I walked on the rocks back to my bike and tried to find a better location I was out of luck and the light got much worse. :(

@Brendon thats one hell of a shot. YOu gonna keep your promise of teaching me photography next time I visit mumbai :)

Brendon thats one hell of a shot. YOu gonna keep your promise of teaching me photography next time I visit mumbai :)

Thanks ! :D

The trick is to click photos on days with good sunsets. So I make many trips to the same place to check the sunset but most of the time the sunset was bland so I couldn't click even one decent shot.
Saiyan - Nice photos but the exposure is a tad too high and the lights on the lower level are blown. A good way to check for blown highlights is to review the photo on the LCD and check the histogram. If anything is blown then that section would start blinking.
@m.khurana - Would love to see more from you ! Keep posting regularly. :)

One more from me.

dsc03428r.jpg

Back