The PSP Buy Guide - Thread

Re: The PSP Buy Guide - Thread [All Qtns Answered Here]

u can get a psp cover with a screen guard for just Rs 100, go to alfa 3 and ask him to give a 100rs cover and it will have a screen guard

@aman.pitbull.... dude did u finally buy the PSP, if so how much for?
and the accessories??

Hell no, they had everything pre-planned a month ago.

Apparently all these Malwadis F*****s went for a tour in all of Mumbai's malls and bought all the remaining MODDABLE PSP's and are now selling them at a premium -> 12000 and above:mad: . Me and a friend of mine got in a fight with a shops for selling it twice the rate printed on the box :no: .

The new PSP 3004 is available for 8400/-(similarly priced is the 2004 model). It will be modded in some time as nothing cant modded. Maybe in a year or so at max .

We did find a second hand PSP Slim2000 MODDED at Ninja for Rs.8900(really bad condition).

Since my friends sis is in USA and another cousin is in Berlin I've told them to look for it and buy it there itself + modd/crack it.

Accessories are priced as mentioned.

aj1234 said:
@aman.pitbull.... dude did u finally buy the PSP, if so how much for?

and the accessories??

How much can one expect to get for PSP phat in a scratchless and mint condition with a 2GB stick and all the accessories and box?

amigoatul said:
How much can one expect to get for PSP phat in a scratchless and mint condition with a 2GB stick and all the accessories and box?
the demand is high & supply is very very low for psp's that can be modded....
manish market
psp 1000 {new} 13000
psp 1001 {old} out of stock
psp 2000 {old} 12500
psp 2000 {new} 16000

city centre {goregaon west}
psp 1001 {new} 15000

sunil_geminian said:
the demand is high & supply is very very low for psp's that can be modded....
manish market
psp 1000 {new} 13000
psp 2000 {old} 12500
psp 2000 {new} 16000

city centre {goregaon west}
psp 1001 {new} 15000

these prices are totally atrocious and i dont think anyone will buy at such prices.

dharmilstar said:
these prices are totally atrocious and i dont think anyone will buy at such prices.

u can bargain and get for 1-2k less.... but not more than that....
the only reason for such high price is
1. new psp's can't be downgraded.
2. u won't get phat psp's in market
3. if u buy a new psp then u will have to buy umd's costing around
1500 for good games.... {so 9k for new psp + even if u buy 2 games it will come to 12k}
so..... finally its better to get a downgraded psp so that we can get unlimited games options :)

i wanted to buy a sony psp (3000 series) and was wondering that can i use my 4gb camera card(SONY MEMORY STICK PRO DUO MAGIC GATE MARK@) in it.
And can i switch it between my camera and psp as i like because camera is used in say 2 months.

abhijit.dahiya said:
i wanted to buy a sony psp (3000 series) and was wondering that can i use my 4gb camera card(SONY MEMORY STICK PRO DUO MAGIC GATE MARK@) in it.
And can i switch it between my camera and psp as i like because camera is used in say 2 months.

Yes, you can use the same memory card and switch it between the camera and the PSP.

I keep swapping memory cards b/w my SE w810i phone and my PSP 3000 :)

abhijit.dahiya said:
i wanted to ask that is sony psp 3001/3004 been cracked,i.e. can play games from umd images

Yes. With ChickHEN R2 firmware + CFW Enabler 3.30 you can play games from UMD images.

abhijit.dahiya said:

Ill suggest to wait for 2 months as on october 1st psp go releasing with 99 dollar price tag...plus all this umd stuff going and u have to download the games...i myself dont have details but right now its better to wait and watch

i went to buy psp 3004 today and the guy told me that there is no way u can play pirated/umd iso files in it.

and also tell me how to check the version of the psp as in some threads it is written that versions above 5.03 cant be cracked until now.

plz help

abhijit.dahiya said:
i went to buy psp 3004 today and the guy told me that there is no way u can play pirated/umd iso files in it.
and also tell me how to check the version of the psp as in some threads it is written that versions above 5.03 cant be cracked until now.
plz help
Yes, you need the 5.03 firmware on the PSP 3004 if you want to hack it. My PSP had 4.60 i think, which i updated to 5.03. If the PSP has a very recent manufacture date, (i assume after March / April 2009) it may have a firmware higher than 5.03 by default.

You can check the firmware version in the 'System Settings' menu under 'System Information'

so how to check the version before buying it?

and in some threads it is written it that after installing cfw you may get ur psp as a brick, what is brick here?

is it that it wont work ever?

Back