The PSP Buy Guide - Thread

Re: The PSP Buy Guide - Thread [All Qtns Answered Here]

Umm.... 16 GB might be avlbl but maybe hard to find while greater than that, 0.01 probability !

I applied it a few days back ... So here goes..

1) Sit in an apt sorrounding.. Say like ur Study/Dining Chair WITH The TABLE OFCOURCE .. KEEP THE FAN SWITCHED OFF.

2) Keep A Small part of cellotape ready, just in case u need to lift the screen protector for re alignment.

3) Use the micro fiber cloth to make sure that the screen is clean.

U can dab a few real tiny water droplets to ensure the screen gets cleaned properly.

4) Remove the protective layer marked BEFORE from the Hori Protector and carefully align it BREADTH wise first.

That shd make the job simpler.

5) Once u align it.. Start using ur other hand/credit card to carefully remove the bubbles and proceed towards the other side. Using ur other hand's finger in a sweeping motion shd do the job for u.

This step is the most tedious.. U mite have to repeat it till u perfect it.. So be calm.

6) Any lint or tiniest speck of dust on the screen / protector will give u an air bubble. so doubly chek the surfaces.

Once u get the protector on properly.. Remove the AFTER screen too ..

U r Done :cool2:

Keep in mind..All this is kinda irritatable.. So ENSURE u are in a good mood and U have slept properly :p

I READ THAT :

7) U can take off the protector and rinse it with water.. as its silicon and has NO adhesive.. so it shd be good. ( i got doubts regarding the adhesive part)

8) Just in case u mess up and indeed some lint/dust particles get stuck to the protector on the inside..

Do This :

> Take a Cling wrap .. the clear wrap ur mum wd use to wrap the salads.. the transparent one.

> Stick the Screen protector and try to remove those lints away.

> If the lint/Dust particles are stubborn, then rinse the sticky side with water and then put it on the cling wrap.. and try to squeeze all the water.

(Actually the person had advised u stick it to the psp screen and then squeeze the water out.. But then the droplets can go inside the psp buttons and Happy Diwali for ur psp ... )

Once u r done.. u wd reply here that all that was worth the effort.

Goodluck :)

Hello people,

My friend is bringing a PSP for me from Dubai, I know it maybe cheaper in India, But in this case, It is going to be a gift, I have a couple of questions

Is slim the way to go??

Where can I get the flashing done in bangalore? Anyone has any idea how much??

How much would a 8Gb Mem card cost in Bangalore?

Again would I need to make any more modifications to insert the mem Card?

Please reply people as I have to let him know soon.

Thanks

Hello people,
Hi

Is slim the way to go??
Yes

I dont live in Bangalore, so have no idea. Should be some where around 500-700, there are many TE present in Bangalore, you can even visit GamingIndians.com forums, many can help u over there

I guess around 3.5 - 4 k

no, just install the latest CFW and u are ready to go if u have games on ur card + its an excellent pmp

Please reply people as I have to let him know soon.
i guess i did

Thanks
pleasure

Is slim the way to go??

Yes , see if you can get PSP-3000 . It has Inbuilt Mic , Brighter Screen etc .

You can do it yourself if you have another PSP with CFW [ Custom Firmware ]

No idea of Bangalore but should NOT be more than 4-5k ? I guess you should go for a 4GB one .

No

Hi,

I m frm pune.I am going to buy PSP soon.Ihave few queries and expect help soon...

1)Can anyone tell me where can I buy PSP :p cheaply whether in mumbai or pune and shop details as well?
2)Is it worthy to buy from grey market considering the warranty and originality of product as well?
3)I don't want to spend on UMD ;) ,so from where can I go for modding my psp?Please provide me contact details either from mumbai or pune,but preferably pune and rates as well....
4)What if I go for memorystick from manufacturers other than sony eg.sandisk etc.Does it make any difference in playing games/ compatibility issues?

Cheers...
amit

1)Can anyone tell me where can I buy PSP :p cheaply whether in mumbai or pune and shop details as well?
In Mumbai buy it from Ninja Traders near to musafir khana. You'll get it a new ~8.3 k with CFW

2)Is it worthy to buy from grey market considering the warranty and originality of product as well?
As you don't want to spend on UMDs you have to upgrade it with CFW, so don't bother about the warranty as it will be void when you load CFW

4)What if I go for memorystick from manufacturers other than sony eg.sandisk etc.Does it make any difference in playing games/ compatibility issues?
Whichever Pro Duo stick you buy, get genuine one. Sandisk is absolutely OK.

here is a good deal for you:
http://www.techenclave.com/market/fs-psp-slim-4-gb-mem-115652.html

47Shailesh said:
As you don't want to spend on UMDs you have to upgrade it with CFW, so don't bother about the warranty as it will be void when you load CFW

Not true. If you take a NAND dump of of your original firmware with the Pandora's battery, you can revert your PSP back to the official version, and then you can give it for warranty. But warranty will be valid from the place where it was bought, which in this case would be UAE. Ask before buying whether the warranty is valid in India.

~M

Didn't get what is untrue :p

I didn't mentioned the recovering to original firmware as is already mentioned on this thread.

Even if he buys it from grey market it will have warranty but will have lower cost then what he can get from Sony World/Croma/JJMEhta

I commented about the warranty being void if you load CFW, as its not a hardware mod but a software one and so can be easily reverted if done properly.

So, warranty he shall have, even with CFW installed.

47Shailesh said:
hope nowornever got what we want to explain :)

Thanks Shailesh and Malik for help.

Guys,can you tell me more about:

1)I read somewhere that sandisk cards may trouble u with few games on psp like saving games problem...

2)What is the price of 4 gb mem stick of sony and sandisk?

3) As diwali is near and also Nintendo DS is geting launched on sep 30(chaeaper to psp),is there any chance that sony may reduce psp prices....

4)If I buy from grey market,how can I know that product is genuine and not tampered with and whether I should buy from stores like chroma etc....

Thanks in advance ...

Cheers........

Hi, can any one of you tell me where to buy the hori screen protector and Logitech carry case in Bangalore, Also are there fake logitech carry cases???

Thanks in advance

I'm thinking of buying a PSP soon. Have no idea what the current PSP scene is like; so need the following questions answered:

1. Is there even a hint of a new PSP in the near future?

2. How hard is it to get *ahem* games to work on it?

3. Has the new firmware been cracked? (5.0, right?)

Cheers

@ Keane - The new PSP is still not in the Indian market, and the PSP 2000 is still available in most places abroad as well.

The new PSP doesn't have a simple hack as yet, similar to the PSP 1000/2000, it will take some time.

I don't think the 5.0 has been cracked but the 4 - series has been.

I would suggest you go for the PSP 2000. All the hulla over brighter and more colorful screen is just minor. NO significant changes made by SONY apart from making it Pandora Proof. Also you can put 4.01 M-33 CFW on it.

Hope that helps,

Mallik

u shd have looked up few posts in the console section and u wd have got the answer.

I ll give u a hint.. sans the keywords...

its as easy as logging into TE from a mobile device ... only u need to find a hotspot.

Now look up the post for the keywords :)

Back