The TE Essential Freeware Thread !

AV - Avast 5 Free

Firewall - Comodo Free

Defrag - Defraggler

Crap Cleaner - CCleaner

Downloader(for rapidshare,mu,etc) - MiPony

Zip&rar - Winrar/7-Zip

Hi guys,

Is there a good freeware to take automatic backup of a few folders from HDD to a portable drive? I kind of hate the ones that come with the WD Passport.

Doc Holliday said:
Hi guys,

Is there a good freeware to take automatic backup of a few folders from HDD to a portable drive? I kind of hate the ones that come with the WD Passport.

Try SyncBack. It is pretty easy to use and allows scheduled backup. Hope it is still available as freeware though.

thixkull said:
AV - Avast 5 Free

Firewall - Comodo Free

Defrag - Defraggler

Crap Cleaner - CCleaner

Downloader(for rapidshare,mu,etc) - MiPony

Zip&rar - Winrar/7-Zip
Is mipony better than jdownloader, i did not find any info on it by googling

@Blade runner Why AntiVir® PersonalEdition Classic is at first position. I think Antivirus should be ordered based on their popularity and ease of use.

Also for free antivirus... try microsoft security essentials if ur running genuine windows... runs everything in the background... takes very less resources :)

Sry if its already mentioned... didnt read the whole thread...

How about adding Comodo Internet Security Suit to the list?

Firewall & Antivirus Software Suite - Internet Security | Comodo

It has Antivirus, Firewall,Antimalware(Defense+) all rolled in one

Features

Antivirus, Anti-Spyware, Anti-Rootkit & Bot protection

Defends your PC from Internet attacks

Detects and eliminates viruses

Prevents malware from being installed

Auto Sandbox Technologyâ„¢

Easy to install, configure and use

Free to both business and home users

In short it has Antivirus, Firewall, Antimalware , all rolled in one package of 50MB!!

Comodo Internet Security said:
Unlike the stripped down versions of commercial software that other software vendors offer for free, this is the full, completely functional version of the product.

Users can upgrade to Comodo Internet Security Pro 2011 for just $49 per year and receive two additional services—LivePCSupport—a 24 hour per day, unlimited incident support services package which usually markets for $49.99 per year and TrustConnect - a secure Internet proxy service that ensures 128 bit encrypted connectivity from any public wireless hot-spot.

^^That is quite reassuring to hear:)

I think you've to updates the software list...........
like Players, Downloading Softwares or FTP softwares cause showing above softwares are not good in 2010 as you see......!
It's the World of Windows 7 baby...!!!!

I am looking for a software which can log my CPU and GPU utilization in the background while I game. Can anyone suggest one? Should be free.
I am on Windows XP SP3.

is there any pronunciation software,,,,,like there is a default software in nokia C6, it reads out the messages in correct british English way.........

some one plz suggest link for it.......i want such type of software for pc....i searched a lot but can't find......

Guys,

I need MS Office 2007 or 2010 which is fully activated. No trial version pls. I have already MS Office 2010 trial version which is expired few days back. So please suggest me where can i download the full version of 2007 or 2010. Anything is fine for me.

Back