The TE Essential Freeware Thread !

babhishek said:
huge memory foot print and this is a complicated eye candy software..
better portable and freeware messengers available which do the same stuff...
at lesser footprints...

Digsby is not that much bad. It's better than Trillian/Pidgin in functionality.

If the files are FLV you can try Andys_FLV_Joiner

Some YouTube HQ clips (AVC/H264) may be MP4 rather than FLV format. Use a program like Avidemux to join MP4 format files.

Try and join similar file types. i.e. same codec, resolution, and fps, otherwise the joined file will revert to the first file's properties with unpredictable playback results.

rohitshakti2 said:
I want a software to join video files which i hv downloaded from youtube.

Pls help.

Regards

Well .. Avidemux can do most major video formats .. but then make up your mind whether its Youtube or just any video file.. :S

rohitshakti2 said:
Thanks but i am looking a software which can join all types of video files like avi, mp4 etc

rohitshakti2 said:
Thanks but i am looking a software which can join all types of video files like avi, mp4 etc
Use Format Factory.....it can join video files(all formats like avi, mp4 3gp wmv etc...) ...and do a lot of stuff like convert from one format to other ....audio, video, images all of them....

Nice thread!

I haven't gone through all the pages so I'm just adding to the original list.

ICQ provides users with an innovative communication experience and enables quick and simple interaction among users across all communication platforms. ICQ Open Xtraz are web-based applications developed by ICQ users for enriching your ICQ 6.5 experience. Want to write to your friends? Talk to them? Just stare at their face? You can do it all!

Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus

Avira AntiVir Personal Free Antivirus is a comprehensive, easy to use antivirus program, designed to offer reliable free of charge virus protection to home-users only. Avira offers: Extensive Malware Recognition of viruses, Trojans, backdoor programs, worms; Automatic incremental updates of antivirus signatures, engine and entire software; Permanent virus protection, with Virus Guard real time monitoring; Install and configuration in just a couple of steps, setup to protect your PC in minutes; Virus protection against known and unknown threats, using an advanced heuristic system; Scheduler where you can set the scanner to make automatic virus scans or updates on your system; Forum and phone support; Knowledge Base with virus descriptions available on web site; Rootkit Detection and Removal; A modularized AV-search engine for improved scan performance.

JetAudio Basic

JetAudio plays various music and video files. Features included are: CD Burning, Recording, and File Conversion. You can create Internet Broadcasts with JetCast. JetAudio plays most major file formats and various video or audio tracks. You can even convert audio files to various formats. A special feature is Video conversion which can make video files compatible for your portable devices such as iPOD or PSP. Other features include: sound effects (Wide, Reverb, and X-Bass), multichannel sound output, speed control for audio playback, cross-fading, skin changes, and synchronized lyric display for MIDI and MP3s.

Smart Defrag

Disk fragmentation is generally main cause of slow and unstable computer performance. Smart Defrag helps defragment your hard drive most efficiently. Smart Defrag not only defragments computer deeply but optimizes disk performance. With 'install it and forget it' feature, Smart Defrag works automatically and quietly in the background on your PC, keeping your hard disk running at its speediest. Smart Defrag is complete free for home, organization, and business.

TeamViewer

TeamViewer is a simple and fast solution for remote control, desktop sharing and file transfer that works behind any firewall and NAT proxy. To connect to another computer just run TeamViewer on both machines without the need of an installation procedure. With the first start automatic partner IDs are generated on both computers. Enter your partner's ID into TeamViewer and the connection is established immediately. With over 60 million users TeamViewer is a standard tool to give support and assistance to people in remote locations. The software can also be used for presentations, where you can show your own desktop to a partner.

Foxit Reader

Foxit Reader is a free PDF document viewer, with incredible small size, breezing-fast launch speed and rich feature set. Its core function is compatible with PDF Standard 1.7. In the past, you've had to download a huge PDF reader from another software company, go through a lengthy installation process and wait for an annoying splash window to disappear just to open a PDF document.

NOTE: All are available as freewares on CNET. The descriptions are all from the publisher.

Password Managers

Forget all your passwords .Let the password manager fill up your fields and click the submit button for you ! .uses encrypted databases to store your passwords .It can auto fill and auto submit username password fields as well as forms .It automatically detects and fills the correct username password for each site/forum .

Generally installs itself as a plugin or add-on to your web browser .

Roboform (free version)

One of the best password managers out there . Does everything including generating new passwords for you .Also gives you a choice of using different profiles allowing you to keep your password safe from other users of your computer . Online synchronization allows you to download your profile with your passwords to a different computer using your roboform ID.

Works with most browsers . The drawbacks being that it allows you to store only 10 passwords for the free version and works only on windows .

LastPass

The best password manager i have come across, works with all OSes including mobile Operating Systems like Symbian .No limitations on the number of passwords .Includes cool additional features that are very very useful .My personal favorite .Compatible with all browsers .

TeamViewer

TeamViewer is a simple and fast solution for remote control, desktop sharing and file transfer that works behind any firewall and NAT proxy. To connect to another computer just run TeamViewer on both machines without the need of an installation procedure. With the first start automatic partner IDs are generated on both computers. Enter your partner's ID into TeamViewer and the connection is established immediately. With over 60 million users TeamViewer is a standard tool to give support and assistance to people in remote locations. The software can also be used for presentations, where you can show your own desktop to a partner.

It's EPIC. :cool2:

Professional hardware information and diagnostic tools

HWINFO & HWINFO32

Simple yet effective alternative to the Everest program from Lavalys.

Back