Monitors What to do with an old Monitor?

aKp1

Disciple
I have got an old LG 17" LCD monitor!
I have upgraded to LG 24" LED Infinity Display!
Since my older graphics card was a crap, I didn't think of using multi display! But now since I'm getting a GTX960, can that Monitor be used in some way? What setup can be done?
Can it be used in gaming or watching movies?

Also pardon me for this, that old graphics card, a GT440 (2g DDR3) , what to do with that? Can be used anywhere?

And how can such a setup be made!
The 17" LCD has a VGA and DVI port while the 24" is using an HDMi cable!

Any ideas?

Do you code? Multi monitor setups are great for coding. I have used my 22" tv with my laptop a lot of times with syntax or help pages open on the tv with the code editor on the laptop screen.
Now I have moved to analytics field, so I have images of analytics dashboards on one screen whereas my own implementation on the other.

I have got an old LG 17" LCD monitor!
I have upgraded to LG 24" LED Infinity Display!
Since my older graphics card was a crap, I didn't think of using multi display! But now since I'm getting a GTX960, can that Monitor be used in some way? What setup can be done?
Can it be used in gaming or watching movies?

Also pardon me for this, that old graphics card, a GT440 (2g DDR3) , what to do with that? Can be used anywhere?

And how can such a setup be made!
The 17" LCD has a VGA and DVI port while the 24" is using an HDMi cable!

Any ideas?

I am from the sysadmin area, so I would use the monitor to show vital stats which I can see at any point and discern possible issues. I would use it to run PRTG+RRD graphs.

It can be used to display movies, etc, but wont be much fun on the square screen.

Keep the card as spare.

Do you code? Multi monitor setups are great for coding. I have used my 22" tv with my laptop a lot of times with syntax or help pages open on the tv with the code editor on the laptop screen.
Now I have moved to analytics field, so I have images of analytics dashboards on one screen whereas my own implementation on the other.
No I don't code! I just browse, read, play games and watch movies and yeah do a lot of power point presentations! :grin:

I am from the sysadmin area, so I would use the monitor to show vital stats which I can see at any point and discern possible issues. I would use it to run PRTG+RRD graphs.

It can be used to display movies, etc, but wont be much fun on the square screen.

Keep the card as spare.
Yeah I can do that! But mine is a personal computer! I use it alone! But yeah I can keep the other monitor for vital stats but can you tell what vital stats exactly other than network monitoring?

Keeping the card as spare! Thanx!

@vyral_143 @bssunilreddy @Spacescreamer @Crapmypants @saumilsingh can you all please hop in here?

Last edited:
Back