Why MOST Indians are jealous of others?

Don't forget Nationalism which according to our definition is - if i suffer so must everyone else

This is the root cause of our hateful and jealous attitude.

Where do you get all this stuff from?

You are talking about we being jealous and hateful. Please look around properly and tell me of all the people who you have encountered in your life, is the percentage more skewed towards people who are hateful/jealous or is the no of people who are normal/loving/peaceful more than their counterparts.
I agree that we might not be kind or empathic with others as much as we should be but that doesn't mean we are hateful. Being indifferent and being hateful are two different things.

Must be one of that happy go lucky rich type brats who is still enjoying his pappas money & thinks that DOORDARSHAN is some srilankan chanel.

Must be one of that happy go lucky rich type brats who is still enjoying his pappas money & thinks that DOORDARSHAN is some srilankan chanel.

Really. That's the best you could come up with. Actually if I was one, then I might have come across people like you who feel that just because someone didn't earn it on his own they shouldn't have it. I started my own business after college and know what it is to work hard and earn money. That however doesn't make me feel any hate or jealousy towards the kinda people who you have mentioned above. I even know a few people like that personally and instead of feeling any jealousy I feel pity for them because their parents, even if they only have best intentions, are crippling their own kids.
I will say that I am lucky though because I have a small group of close friends who celebrate my success with me and same goes for my close relatives. It also has somewhat to do with the fact that we never discuss salaries or how much we make. We never feel the need to ask each other about it, because when we meet there is so much more to talk about and have fun with than talk about salary packages and appraisals. Me not being in the IT industry(where most of my friends work) also helps as I have neither the inclination nor the interest to know more about how these things work in their line of work.

Really. That's the best you could come up with. Actually if I was one, then I might have come across people like you who feel that just because someone didn't earn it on his own they shouldn't have it. I started my own business after college and know what it is to work hard and earn money. That however doesn't make me feel any hate or jealousy towards the kinda people who you have mentioned above. I even know a few people like that personally and instead of feeling any jealousy I feel pity for them because their parents, even if they only have best intentions, are crippling their own kids.
I will say that I am lucky though because I have a small group of close friends who celebrate my success with me and same goes for my close relatives. It also has somewhat to do with the fact that we never discuss salaries or how much we make. We never feel the need to ask each other about it, because when we meet there is so much more to talk about and have fun with than talk about salary packages and appraisals. Me not being in the IT industry(where most of my friends work) also helps as I have neither the inclination nor the interest to know more about how these things work in their line of work.

See, I brought you right back to the subject, and you are welcome !!![DOUBLEPOST=1392214817][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are you jealous of him? :p
He is an IT labor, you tell me ???

what biz you do, please do throw some light on it :D :D

what biz you do, please do throw some light on it :D :D

From everything I said, is this what interests you the most.:D
Trust me bro, you are already far ahead of me.;)
It is by not discussing these things that I stay away from all these jealousy and hate issues.;)

Please continue with your discussion. Enough about me. Perhaps this is why I don't like to post in such discussions.:D

Last edited:
@rdst_1 I am somewhat similar to you in the sense that most of my friends aren't jealous of me, and I always divert discussions to more interesting topics and keep private things to myself.

But still, you never observe jealousy and hate issues around you? Maybe not directed towards you. I always take a back seat and observe things, and that is where most of my knowledge of such matters comes from, whether it be of family, friends, or the society itself.

@rdst_1 I am somewhat similar to you in the sense that most of my friends aren't jealous of me, and I always divert discussions to more interesting topics and keep private things to myself.

But still, you never observe jealousy and hate issues around you? Maybe not directed towards you. I always take a back seat and observe things, and that is where most of my knowledge of such matters comes from, whether it be of family, friends, or the society itself.

I am not saying I haven't faced or observed them. I have personally faced some unwanted jealousy/hate but the way it was being generalized in this thread is something I haven't seen or experienced. For example I used to be very good at debates/declamations and other contests and if I saw 1 person who felt jealous of me for that, I was also surrounded by at least 10 others who appreciated and felt genuinely happy of my success.
So I am not saying we are perfect or I have no idea what these guys are talking about. I am only saying is that the situation is not as grim as they are making it sound, at least not if I go by my personal experience.

Back