Windows Windows 10 RS2 – Creator’s update is coming our way !

Latest Security Patch for RS2
April 11, 2017—KB4015583 (OS Build 15063.138)

upload_2017-4-14_11-16-58.png

I have updated two PCs and in both the cases the onboard ethernet broke. One is a pretty recent z170 board and the other one is an older Gigabye M880 board. It worked fine after the update, but after the second boot, the ethernet went boom on both PCs. Rolled back and everything is back to normal. Did anyone else try?

I do not have laptops, but the plug and play wifi cards seems to work just fine.

Post update I keep getting Device disconnect and connect sound from time to time. I have checked Event Logs and there is nothing.

I have checked using USBDeview and there is no anomaly in that either. The PC continues to function normally.

I have checked to see if there are any hardware changes or devices with drivers issue but the reports are squeaky clean.

I checked online and though old there are some people who have faced the issue.

The issue though not common and problematic sure is annoying also the feeling of not everything is okay irritates me.

I have checked the devices connected to the PC, they are securely connected and all devices work.

Tried the change in power management USB setting, didn't work still get the sound.

must be something wrong with MS usb 3 drivers. Windows does some really bad power management on usb devices. I've had portable hdd's spinning down and making noise due to lack of power while transferring large amount of files on them. just change the power setting to performance mode from standard mode. it should stop this excessive usb power management.

must be something wrong with MS usb 3 drivers. Windows does some really bad power management on usb devices. I've had portable hdd's spinning down and making noise due to lack of power while transferring large amount of files on them. just change the power setting to performance mode from standard mode. it should stop this excessive usb power management.

I tried disabling - Usb Selective Suspend Settings

The only thing that I can think of is the xbox one receiver. I have paired the controller but don't always keep it connected but it never caused an issue before.

I have not kept anything connected to the usb 3 ports, just an extension cable in case I want to connect an external HDD at some point.

don't disable usb selective suspend settings. if you try to eject a usb pen drive or hdd it won't be able to. you will need to shut down the pc to safely remove any usb drives once you connect them to the pc. even a log off does not work. (i tried disabling usb suspend settings and this was what I observed). The extension cable might be doing that. Windows thinks something is connected to the pc and keeps making that noise.

Disable USB3 in BIOS and check naa

+

don't disable usb selective suspend settings. if you try to eject a usb pen drive or hdd it won't be able to. you will need to shut down the pc to safely remove any usb drives once you connect them to the pc. even a log off does not work. (i tried disabling usb suspend settings and this was what I observed). The extension cable might be doing that. Windows thinks something is connected to the pc and keeps making that noise.

Will remove the cable and see if the noise stops else will try what @vivek.krishnan said.

I toggled usb selective setting back to default when it didn't solve the issue.

I think I should paint an even clearer picture. From the back Usb 2.0 ports 2 hubs are connected.

Hub 1 -
1. Printer which is not always on. (Switched off at the mains)
2. Bluetooth Dongle (Turned this off yesterday to see if this was the culprit)
3. USB Cradle to which Xbox One receiver is connected
4. Monitor which (itself acts like a hub) has 2 USB ports on the side

Hub 2 -
1. Keyboard
2. Mouse
3. Logitech F310
4. Xbox 360 controller

1 USB 3 only the cable connected so that if I need to connect from 1 external drive to the other I can connect 1 at the front and the other to the cable and proceed.

does it make it laggier. my win 10 with 4gb ram already lags to much on multi tabs and skype usage.

Don't use Skype on it but no lags noticed in multiple tabs.

Then they are paying you enough to use it at work :p
:D

Alrighty, I tried to retrace my steps a bit. I remember Updating my graphic card drivers on 13th just before the windows update. To ensure that wasn't the issue I uninstalled and clean installed the driver.

I have noticed that the sound generally comes when I start the game Project Cars and sure enough despite the exercise there it was. At times it is for no reason and so far I haven't got that sound. For Project Cars the 360 controller is the default but I had created a profile for Xbox One controller. Does the game look for the controller? Or is it the game supports VR and normal it just sets itself at the start and then go on without an issue.

I think I will start keeping a track of what I am doing that is causing this noise.

I think my isp is taking internet from Jio. Saw this speed while windows was updating to Creater's update. (That's a freaking 80mbps speed - first time i've seen such speeds in my life )
CreatersUpdate-speed.JPG

I have been facing the issue of USB tethering on Windows 10 with my android and none of the drivers are helping , any solutions anyone ?

Back