Xiaomi Mi3 - The BEST OotB experience I ever had !

So I know there are numerous images floating of the phone, but got it minutes back and boy oh boy, is the device sexy ! Just couldn't help taking pictures of it.
ZEz9uTz.jpg

aYFm6Ov.jpg

OzT0wqu.jpg

RDiKkku.jpg

sHLIRbW.jpg

Dz9g6An.jpg

Manuals are in English !

Excellent build quality !
u7A2kgp.jpg

bU67Dh7.jpg

6j64ZbL.jpg

SR6jmlw.jpg

FZIhDYF.jpg

AEQApJg.jpg

Charger is rated @ 2A output. Good stuff:
aY2NE5c.jpg

1st impressions: Soild. Durable. No creaks. Super smooth software. Updated to the latest version. Quite simply the best OotB experience I had with any phone till now. Loving the little MIUI tweaks !

Same here....I got my phone the day before...and have been totally impressed to the point that

- Ever since I got it i have been trying to find faults with it...like how is this possible for 14k there must be some catch...havent found any till now...

- Have been so bowled over that I would have been willing to buy it for 30k even...like it more than my note 2...thinking should i buy one now and keep it as backup in case...know thats stupid probably will get the mi4 in a year at the same price

MI you rock! No complaints...total satisfaction..

Nothing of the software front and its the best OOTB you ever had?
Did not post software photos as MIUI v5 shots are dime a dozen on the web. That being said, used it for around 40 mins or so. Configured Google services, MiCloud account, downloaded some apps and games (and played them for like 10 mins or so). Never once did the device struggle. Smooth all the way. Also tried many of the MIUI nifty tricks (swiping up on the note icon creates a new note etc.). Everything works wonderfully out of the box.

What are the devices you have used before this ? and what problems you faced while doing these tasks?
If I talk about smartphones, Windows Omnia 2 (sexy AMOLED goodness), Galalxy Note 1, Note 2, HTC One X, Moto G.
Apart from Moto G, all the UIs were laggy OotB. Took a decent time to startup and they just seemed a tacky skin over stock. Moto G was the exception. Fluid (stock UI).
Omnia 2 -- don't really remember. Long time back (in college). But them blacks were excellent. And used to flash ROMs more or less on a daily basis !
Non smartphones - The list is pretty long. The memorable ones being SE's S700i (huge swivel phone) and K850i.

I have come from Xperia X10 --> Galaxy S2 --> HTC ONE X --> GNEX 4 --> Xperia Z --> Xperia ZR --> LG G2 --> Iphone 5s --> Galaxy S5 --> Xiaomi MI3

I would say i got the same first time awesome experience as i had with all the above mobile phones (Except ZR) with just 14k, All the above mentioned were atleast 10k of value more than MI3 when i had them :p

Missed to mention Galaxy S3 and nexus 5 :D

Last edited:
did u faced any issues with the Mi account as i am not able to sign up with error "network error" and "your sim card i unactivated", though can make calls and sms.

did u faced any issues with the Mi account as i am not able to sign up with error "network error" and "your sim card i unactivated", though can make calls and sms.
No. I registered a couple of days back on their website (for the mi4 launch).
Today 1st activated via phone, then on web. Took some time to get the sms, but got it to work.

I haven't used this device yet but heard good reviews. Though I didn't liked the Mi Rom which I used on my HTC most of the apps or cloud services were not working due to the Chinese site thing. But will love to get hands-on experience on Mi3

in my case it just says that your sim is unactivated
Hmm.. Dunno mate. I'm guessing this error is showing on the phone. Did you gave the portal a whirl ?
I haven't used this device yet but heard good reviews. Though I didn't liked the Mi Rom which I used on my HTC most of the apps or cloud services were not working due to the Chinese site thing. But will love to get hands-on experience on Mi3
MIUI on other devices is different than Xiaomi. Here they've controlled both the software and hardware. And no chinese stuff anywhere. Even in the supplied manual it says Xiaomi India ! Was surprised.[DOUBLEPOST=1406228879][/DOUBLEPOST]Also 1 quirk (at least for me) - It's a pain in the ass to change default apps. I use Link Bubble quite extensively (true multitasking on Android), but there's no way to set it as the default browser on Mi3. It does not ask us to chose between apps when opening links. Whatever you do, the default browser WILL intercept the link. Bright side is the default browser is pretty light on resources and fast.

Back