Xiaomi Mi3 - The BEST OotB experience I ever had !

I
Mi-Tools. Rooted via CWM and SU. Then installed WSM (which then downloads and installs Xposed; you just need to give root permissions. Then search and download Mi-tools. Highly recommended). There's a post in here somewhere (or in the original Mi3 thread) I made for installing CWM and rooting and installing Mi-tools, with links.
Got Link Bubble to work after I froze the default MIUI browser with Titanium Backup. But I think you can just disable the browser from "App -> Browser -> Disable (lower middle)". However, do check out Javelin. It has this new stacks features which is awfully similar to Link Bubble, but much better. Where LB scores is the ease of sharing with simple flicks.

Yeah. ~2 and a half hours for a full charge. Is just a tad higher than Moto G too (which has a ~2100 mAh battery). I charge using the Power bank mostly and it never heats up. Also charged once using Samsung's 2A charger, never heated.

All the best ! :)
I tried your suggestions in the first place, flashed cwm through updater app then flashed supersu through cwm recovery. Installed wsm(xposed framework) and finally mitools. I even Uninstaled the stock browsers and now have open with but Lb doesn't work. The reason I use lb system wide, in Fenix, Facebook. It show in the NC that, close all lb. But still no luck.
Offtopic, how did you change the carrier to airtel logo, what tweak is that?

I have heating issue while charging yesterday, will see again

Does anyone use live wallpaper, I'm using wave and the phone changes itself to the default wallpaper in the morning.

Finally found out, check the screen shot, check floating window, it's good to go, lb working system wide.

Attachments

• 1406513160950.jpg
    1406513160950.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 304
People with Mi3 and previously on Nexus 5... Compare the following three in all honesty...

Battery life
Camera
Android Experience
Display

I am in love my Nexus cause of the fluidity but just detest the battery life and Camera to an extent. I usually don't like to carry a separate P&S camera whensoever I go on a vacation and my Phone becomes my primary camera and Nexus 5 is no better then the iPhone 4 I had previously. The pics comes out grainy and dull. Battery life is also dud. I can't get mine through a day with my kind of use. But I love the stock android experience. I have not rooted my phone but have tweaked the damm thing to my liking. Finally I don't find the Nexus 5 display on par with some of the other devices(Samsung S4,S5 or iPhones). The richness in colours is missing somehow.

Finally found out, check the screen shot, check floating window, it's good to go, lb working system wide.
Ah. Forgot to add that step. Sorry. :|
Also for carrier, told ya, Mi-Tools. Go to status bar -> Carrier -> Carrier Logo.

TQ3eL0il.png

Edit: LWP works for me. Been running a bokeh one since 3 days. No issues.

Last edited:
The pics comes out grainy and dull.

Agreed with battery life, not so much for your display point (Franco's display app helps) but camera isn't really that bad tbh. I know it isn't of the standards of Galaxy S5 but then again it's not totally shit. I have been using nexus 5 since it launched(20th nov) and I sure have clicked many good pics with it.

People with Mi3 and previously on Nexus 5... Compare the following three in all honesty...

Battery life
Camera
Android Experience
Display

I am in love my Nexus cause of the fluidity but just detest the battery life and Camera to an extent. I usually don't like to carry a separate P&S camera whensoever I go on a vacation and my Phone becomes my primary camera and Nexus 5 is no better then the iPhone 4 I had previously. The pics comes out grainy and dull. Battery life is also dud. I can't get mine through a day with my kind of use. But I love the stock android experience. I have not rooted my phone but have tweaked the damm thing to my liking. Finally I don't find the Nexus 5 display on par with some of the other devices(Samsung S4,S5 or iPhones). The richness in colours is missing somehow.
I don't have a N5 atm, but used it for a month or so some 5-6 months back. From what I remember:
1) Battery: Mi3 beats the N5. N5 has terrible battery. With my usage, would barely get 16 hours or so out of it. Here it lasts for a day.
2) Camera: Don't exactly remember, but Mi3 has an excellent cam. I've seen reviews online and people sway both ways. Have clicked some 7-8 photos with it, both in and out, and I'm surprised how better it is compared to Moto G (since both are in the same price range). Colours are neutral (which is good if you wanna PP). Just wishing it shot RAW (I know, too much :p)
3) Android ex: This is where I think both are equal. Depends on what you're looking at though. Coming from N5 usage for a month, and then Moto G for around 3-4 months (both on stock Android; very fluid), this seems like a pleasant surprise. Yes, some quirks exists (like removing the default browser to make any other browser default), but the other small tweaks (like swiping up on Note icon opens a new note; music player opens up a small widget to control playback, easy options to recovery, so so easy to mass move or mass delete apps etc) are really well done. The UI is smooth, butter smooth. No lags, jitter. Rooting is easy, Xposed can be installed and works. I don't see a reason to go back to stock, at least not in the near future. YMMV.
4) Display: It's a wonderful display. LCD, not AMOLED. Again, depends on what you like, but AFAIR, N5 also has LCD. Colours are clean, vibrant. Very smooth to touch. Finger literally glides over the glass. Gorilla Glass 3. Again, I found the display to be "smoother" than Moto G.
Edit: Also excellent viewing angles. Best I've seen till now from the mobiles I've owned.
Ninja edit 2: Also tweaks like showing the real time net speed in the taskbar, consumption in the notification shade (all native) are so nicely implemented. Half of the things which require other apps in stock are already in built. Very well thought off.

Last edited:
Got this for my brother. Phone is best in it's category. A few things I didn't like
1. BIG Bezels on all four sides resulting in poor screen to body ratio.
2. Slippery. Grip is not as good as Nexus 5 or Moto G.
3. Settings app would crash randomly even after updating OS.
4. I personally found MIUI ugly compared to stock android.

Got the flip cover, Nillkin Tempered Guard and another 10400 power bank before the prices went up:
7AtIdDW.jpg

The flip cover isn't worth 899 IMO. You do get a screenguard free with it. Material is strictly ok. I maybe spoiled by the wonderful Moto G flip covers. Lastly, this is non magnetic, so more or less useless for me. If anybody knows a good magnetic flip cover for Mi3, please do let me know.
The Nillkin Tempered one is great. Premium packing (even on the inside). Very easy to apply. Smooth to touch. Recommended.

LALOFI2.jpg

Gold one this time:
Iz1dHnL.jpg

wd10zKc.jpg

All pics clicked by the Mi3 ! :)

Nice....

I checked your earlier ebay link for this powebank and now the prices are like 9500??? WTF :-o
Any specific reason for it to go up so much??? I observed that many other listings have also increased their prices....

Yep me too got a white one for 1200 and it's a nice purchase, packing and feel very premium....Singapore guys get it for Rs 800-900! Lucky assess!

Applied the Nillkin Tempered Glass. Easiest install ever ! Just clean the screen, place the guard and it auto adsorbs. No bubbles, nothing. Great stuff. And needless to say, premium packing by Nillkin. Wet wipes, dry wipes, electrostatic film to clean screen, anti static cloth, replacement pulling tag, extra dedusting film and the guard itself. All packaged strongly in very posh packing. This is my 2nd foray with Nillkin. Can trust their products eyes closed.

Got this for my brother. Phone is best in it's category. A few things I didn't like
1. BIG Bezels on all four sides resulting in poor screen to body ratio.
2. Slippery. Grip is not as good as Nexus 5 or Moto G.
3. Settings app would crash randomly even after updating OS.
4. I personally found MIUI ugly compared to stock android.

For the most part, agreed. MIUI was great compared to stock Android during the Froyo/Gingerbread days, but it hasn't really changed much since then. It looks just about the same as it did 3 years ago, when I installed on it on my Nexus S.

Kit Kat looks far cleaner, IMO, compared to MIUI. Android L will only widen the gap in favour of the stock ROM.

Back