Xiaomi Mi3 - The BEST OotB experience I ever had !

@alekhkhanna Bro i am planning to get the Mi3 but what's really stopping me is the limited storage. How are you coping with it? Is it really something to be concerned about?
Yeah, that's something I hate. Cannot load all my music/comic collection. Fortunately have a tablet which supports microSD to offload comics. But I think that's the way industry is growing. More emphasis on cloud sadly. Thinking of buying a USG OTG device for loading music/movies.
BTW, 720p movies/shows look fantastic on Mi3/s screen. Saw 4 episodes of Extant during a train travel from Delhi to Lucknow. Looked really good !

Just got mine.
MI3.jpg

Ordered two. :playful: - One already shipped. :p
v42hsh.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1407844841][/DOUBLEPOST]@alekhkhanna Bro, I watch a lot of videos on my S4. Most of it on Youtube while at home, all through the loudspeaker. How do you feel the speakerphone/loudspeaker is? Also which screen protector are you using?

Last edited:
Is there any problem using Mi3? I am thinking of buying a Mi4.

go for the one plus......i really don't see any critical upgrades in mi4.
removable battery expandable slot, dual sim , moar battery......these are the aspects they should pay attention to. sadly even one plus has the same flaws, still go for one plus over mi4.

go for the one plus......i really don't see any critical upgrades in mi4.
removable battery expandable slot, dual sim , moar battery......these are the aspects they should pay attention to. sadly even one plus has the same flaws, still go for one plus over mi4.

@peytonic Yes it's not a great upgrade. But, getting an invite and purchasing a One plus one would totally end the cause of getting the One. These phones are targeted to be reasonably priced with high end specs.

Getting the One plus one in India costs significantly close to the Nexus 5 and other flagships. Also Xiaomi atleast has service centers for assistance. The One plus one is yet to officially arrive here. If you want to wait then and only then do these phones make sense.

Else the Xiaomi Mi3 is well worth it atleast in this lot. As i bought it for 14k and SBI is giving me a 10% cashback. Effective cost = 12.6k = FTW!!!!

Got the a couple of more flip covers.
1st up is Mercury Red-Blue Denim Flip cover for Mi3:

PFFIbko.jpg

3Q9OMaP.jpg

zrTifs8.jpg

RGLtDUe.jpg

It's Red, not pink as visible in the pics. The Mi3 holding pad is TPU material, so bendable. Overall, looks good, has a magnetic lock, but is a tad bigger (as in covers the whole phone and then some). Baseus Faith is still the most snuggly fit flip cover I've tried.

2nd is the Original Xiaomi Black FC:

qD13HAP.jpg

4rmKupf.jpg

Looks good, but no lock, which is a huge bummer for me as I use the Mi3 with auto-proximity lock. Again, Baseus Faith looks better, gives more protection (specially to the camera) and has magnetic lock.

So far, got these covers:

2USabKl.jpg

L to R: Cubix Black hard case (matte), a not-so-cheap to buy but cheap-to-look flip case (junk), Baseus Faith FC, Mercury Red-Blue Denim FC and the Original Xiaomi Black FC. Baseus Faith gets my vote out of the whole lot.
Awaiting a couple of back cases (transparent with printed art) and a soft faux leather FC from AliExpress. Let's see when they turn up.

PFFIbko.jpg

3Q9OMaP.jpg

zrTifs8.jpg

RGLtDUe.jpg

It's Red, not pink as visible in the pics. The Mi3 holding pad is TPU material, so bendable. Overall, looks good, has a magnetic lock, but is a tad bigger (as in covers the whole phone and then some). Baseus Faith is still the most snuggly fit flip cover I've tried.

qD13HAP.jpg

4rmKupf.jpg

Looks good, but no lock, which is a huge bummer for me as I use the Mi3 with auto-proximity lock. Again, Baseus Faith looks better, gives more protection (specially to the camera) and has magnetic lock.

2USabKl.jpg

L to R: Cubix Black hard case (matte), a not-so-cheap to buy but cheap-to-look flip case (junk), Baseus Faith FC, Mercury Red-Blue Denim FC and the Original Xiaomi Black FC. Baseus Faith gets my vote out of the whole lot.
Awaiting a couple of back cases (transparent with printed art) and a soft faux leather FC from AliExpress. Let's see when they turn up.

Hey, do you mind telling me if you faced any problems or issues with the black official one?
I am concerned that because of the bend in the back side of the case (for making it a stand), when you flip open the case, the upper flap will go beyond horizontal and kind of "hang". You know, because as you open the case, it will use the "stand bend" as a hinge instead of the corner one.

Hey, do you mind telling me if you faced any problems or issues with the black official one?
I am concerned that because of the bend in the back side of the case (for making it a stand), when you flip open the case, the upper flap will go beyond horizontal and kind of "hang". You know, because as you open the case, it will use the "stand bend" as a hinge instead of the corner one.
Hey. Sorry, but haven't tried the black one properly till now as it uses an adhesive to keep the phone in place, so possibly when I'm tired of the current cover, will give it a go.
Will give your concern a try when I reach home.

2USabKl.jpg

It would be nice if you could add the source of purchase of the covers. Thanks.

BTW, got the Baseus Faith Flip Cover for Mi3. Looks gorgeous. Might get the other colors too !
b9Upn6P.jpg

Opens from the back (magnetic grip, but Mi3 does not have auto magnetic lock/unlock, so only works for the case, not for the screen).
Good bump for the camera. So the lens is not just in the case, but will never touch the surface.
So much better than the ones I bought earlier.

2USabKl.jpg

Thanks to @alekhkhanna and his positive comments , i finally mustered up ennough courage to buy my first Flip Cover.

I dislike Flip Covers or Hard cases as they might scratch the phone body and prefer and use TPU/Silicone cases.
After weeks of searching on FK/Amazon (i avoid ebay ebay/etc as i prefer COD) for a good case, having bought a few overpriced silicone cases off Amazon, delivery delays, cancellation by seller due to no stock, etc...
I managed to find few Amazon-Fulfilled sellers for few Mi 3 cases.
So Alekhs's impressions+ Amazon-Fulfilled = my first FC. :p

Might put up pics but Alekh already does a fantastic job with his pics and I am quite sure I might not better them anytime soon. :)

Below links are from the time of ordering on 29th night- got delivery 30th afternoon with one day delivery charges extra.
Wow- that was fast indeed. :)

Baseus Faith For Xiaomi Mi3 India Leather Magnetic Flip Cover with Stand - PINK https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00F91K8FM/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_CRnaub078PSGC

Baseus Faith For Xiaomi Mi3 India Leather Magnetic Flip Cover with Stand - BLACK https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00F91K8C0/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_UTnaub1ZPCXJS

Baseus Faith For Xiaomi Mi3 India Leather Magnetic Flip Cover with Stand
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00MXZP7J4/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_eWnaub0BGJB9F

Also, got a Nillkin hard case, my first hard case, mainly due to 4 reasons-
1. The Cubix hard case I have seen with my friend and though seems pricey for a piece of plastic and seemingly no -name brand to my ears, it's decent. Not great but didn't notice sharp edges, moulding flaws either. Quite well finished with a soft touch surface. Felt lil slippery to me but makes the phone good to look and protects the back/sides from picking up scratches, especially the cam glass. So hoped the Nillkin would be better.
2. The Nillkin has a rough texture at the back- so can rest on fingers better during one-handed use i feel. All reviews on FK and Amazon said it comes with a good quality screenguard.
3. Sells cheaper on FK but all sellers range from 5-6 days to 8-10 days for delivery. And every passing day without a good case was torturous as i prefer not to use phone without a case. Found Amazon-fulfilled seller and though little higher priced, i felt compelled to get it.
4. I find FC cumbersome and in case I can't live with the Baseus Faith FC despite the good finish, I had to have some other decent case for backup till the next find. :p

Nillkin Frosted Hard Back Case Cover for Xiaomi M3 Mi3 + Screenguard - Black https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00M5LWYQA/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_e5naub071RE7N

Update 01/09-2014:
Over the last few weeks, the cubix case has become decently grippy due to rubber coating and not as slippery as day one. I checked it again and the inner edge is not sharp,
The new Nillkin hard case has a thin sharp edge on the very inside of the side body and i will see if i can file it away. So slipping the phone into the case might not be an issue but taking the cover off "might" scratch the body.

Last edited:
Back