Xiaomi Mi3 - The BEST OotB experience I ever had !

There's one already under the Review section AFAIR. I love taking pics for reviews. Hate reviewing. :p
Ahh seems I missed that. A nice review.
Can anyone update on the low light/ indoor pics quality after using a third party app like Camera Zoom, is it any better??
Looking forward to buy one on 5th Aug but would like to ask for a second advice should I go for Mi3 or buy Moto G seems there is a 2k discount on Moto G.

Ahh seems I missed that. A nice review.
Can anyone update on the low light/ indoor pics quality after using a third party app like Camera Zoom, is it any better??
Looking forward to buy one on 5th Aug but would like to ask for a second advice should I go for Mi3 or buy Moto G seems there is a 2k discount on Moto G.
User of Moto G since it's launch in India (2 G/s in the house - 1 for mom, 1 for me), and it's an amazing phone. But with a price difference of just 2000, it's hard to justify G over Mi3. The only going factor is if you prefer stock and are a flasholic. Mi3 source code is yet not out. But for 2k, you get an amazing FHD screen (excellent viewing angles), a battery with 1000mAh more, a better shooter, and arguably, a better OotB experience. Oh, and a better processor and double the RAM.

One lesser know feature is that if you use the stock MIUI icons, the calender and weather icons change showing the current date and temperature:

qoNU8Xf.jpg

(Weather icon is out of focus)

I actually compared my friends Mi3 to My S4.

yes, it's absolute stunner for the price. But definitely a downgrade for all those using a flagship category phone. The LCD is IPS alright, but is not among the bet IPS displays. When compared to the S4, it was a bit dull and the brightness, saturation and contrast levels were no match to the Amoled display. Heck, my mom's XoloQ1000 has a brighter IPS display than the Mi3.

Now coming to the built quality. It may be a well built phone, but it does feel like a delicate piece of equipment. Something about it always keeps reminding you to use it carefully and not to drop it.

Size is almost as big as the Note 2 in dimensions and yes it's not a one hand phone. There is a lot of unwanted bezel around the phone. That's good if you game a lot but otherwise it's just wasted space.

Compared the audio quality in headsets and on speakers. The S4 totally won this department by miles. The Mi3 loudpseaker is not at all loud and is something to be used only for ummmm.. nothing! The S4 on the other hand allows me to have a really clear speaker phone call and is great for watching youtube videos.

Where it excels though, is the pure processing power and the good battery life it possesses. The camera is really good in all the lighting conditions. And you cannot ask for anything more at that price!

Great to see such offerings coming to India. Although it has hugely affected the resale value of the Premium phones. And Must I say, it packs the hardware and the software to do it all, but just lacks the fineness of a Premium phone.

Now coming to the built quality. It may be a well built phone, but it does feel like a delicate piece of equipment. Something about it always keeps reminding you to use it carefully and not to drop it.

Size is almost as big as the Note 2 in dimensions and yes it's not a one hand phone. There is a lot of unwanted bezel around the phone. That's good if you game a lot but otherwise it's just wasted space.

This...

I got my Mi3 today and yes the phone is big. I find it too big to be comfortable. And top of that it demands to be handled delicately. I still have not got a cover for it and yet it feels big, imagine my fate with the cover.

The MiUi is beautiful though. And very well made and laid out. Its not at all buggy which is great and looks as good as iOS 7 with the best of Android seamlessly built in. I might end up MiUing my Nexus 5 :D.

Coming back to the phone if you have used a flagship device before(Read S3,S4,iPhone 4, Nexus 4, Nexus 5 etc) the Ommphh factor is right up there but the catch is that you get to enjoy it at less then half the price. Though performance wise its not at par with the current flagship devices like the HTC One M8 or the S5 or iPhone 5S but it is certainly better then their last gen.

I will prefer Nexus 5 over this though cause its the perfect size for my hands. Not too big not too small. Fits in my shirt and jeans pocket. This on the other hand will fit nowhere. I don't travel much but yet I am not the fan of its size. The only plus which comes with the bezels is that you get touch sensitive buttons on the bezels which in tern means you get more of that 5" display compared to on screen buttons of the Nexus 5 or for that matter any 5" device with on screen buttons.

For the reference I am 5'10" with fairly big hands.

This...

I got my Mi3 today and yes the phone is big. I find it too big to be comfortable. And top of that it demands to be handled delicately. I still have not got a cover for it and yet it feels big, imagine my fate with the cover.

I will prefer Nexus 5 over this though cause its the perfect size for my hands. Not too big not too small. Fits in my shirt and jeans pocket. This on the other hand will fit nowhere.

Too bad. :( Regarding the size mi4 seems to have done away with the unnecessary space.

Compared to Nexus 5 (137.9 x 69.2 x 8.6 mm) Mi4 is 139.2 x 68.5 x 8.9 mm whereas Mi3 is considerably bigger than both at
144 x 73.6 x 8.1 mm.

People with Mi3 and previously on Nexus 5... Compare the following three in all honesty...

Battery life
Camera
Android Experience
Display

I am in love my Nexus cause of the fluidity but just detest the battery life and Camera to an extent. I usually don't like to carry a separate P&S camera whensoever I go on a vacation and my Phone becomes my primary camera and Nexus 5 is no better then the iPhone 4 I had previously. The pics comes out grainy and dull. Battery life is also dud. I can't get mine through a day with my kind of use. But I love the stock android experience. I have not rooted my phone but have tweaked the damm thing to my liking. Finally I don't find the Nexus 5 display on par with some of the other devices(Samsung S4,S5 or iPhones). The richness in colours is missing somehow.

Have Nexus 5 & mi3.

Battery mi3 is better, though i wanted more from the 3050mah.
Camera.....err MI3 low light photography is bad...gets grainy. But with the sunout the MI3 is the clear winner. Flash is too bright and lights up short distances very well.
ANdroid Experience.......MIUI is pleasantly surprising even compared to stock and CM. Downside is it consumes lot of Mem. But it has all the "essential" apps that I need integrated, I cant ask more.
Still I will vote for nexus in this, bcoz it feels faster and lots of ROMS to play around.
Display MI3. Period.
okay i want it to be at least 25% more brighter.

if u can sell the N5 for a good price DO IT . get a mi3 & enjoy the spare cash.
Else the only real upgrade I see is battery life...and not " significantly".

other option get lumia 1020 and be happy for another 2 years.

I will prefer Nexus 5 over this though cause its the perfect size for my hands. Not too big not too small. Fits in my shirt and jeans pocket. This on the other hand will fit nowhere. I don't travel much but yet I am not the fan of its size. The only plus which comes with the bezels is that you get touch sensitive buttons on the bezels which in tern means you get more of that 5" display compared to on screen buttons of the Nexus 5 or for that matter any 5" device with on screen buttons.

this is the same reason for not selecting this "cheap" clone against N 5

Back