Audio [0-2K ] Need a bassy iem

I would suggest you to avoid Soundmagic PL11, the build quality is quite bad (personal experience ). Within an year one of the ear plug got separated into two distinct parts, exposing the internal wiring, due to which ultimately the internal wiring got damaged.

@evilwit - If you can afford the SA C12 I would advise you to get those, bass is not as powerful as the IdanceAudio but its more than substantial enough for any basshead. And the mids, soundstage and treble of the SA C12 is better than the IdanceAudio EB104.

Here is a review - http://hardwarebbq.com/2013/02/idanceaudio-launches-headphone-range-india/all/1/

[SHAMELESS PLUG] I wrote the above review. :dead: [/SHAMELESS PLUG]
how is sony-xb30ex compared to idance?i mean how is the bass in the sony's iem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Never heard the Sony XB-30EX so have no idea.

I have both the Idance and the SA C12 with me. The Idance has slightly but noticeably more bass (not better bass but more thump, impact).

The SA C12 has wider soundstage, better treble and more detailing than the Idance but it costs more than 1k more.

The Idance comes with a mic which works fine with most phones that use a 3.5mm jack except for Nokia.

Sonys always have good bass in general. Mdr-XB41ex is Rs. 2900 mrp on sony india more than your prior mentioned budget.

Details copy pasted below ..
Direct Vibe Structure provides an acoustically-tight seal for superior sound isolation and deep bass sound
Large 13.5mm diameter driver units reproduce powerful and dynamic bass sound
Elastomeric housing for improved adherence to the ears for full transmission of bass sound
Closed type vertical in-the-ear headphones for good wearing comfort
Newly developed stay-in design for a more secure fit
Carrying pouch supplied

Specs ..
Type Dynamic, Closed
Driver Unit 13.5mm, Dome type (CCAW)
Sensitivity 105dB/mW
Power Handling Capacity 100mW
Impedance 16ohms at 1kHz
Frequency Response 4-24,000Hz
Diaphragm PET
Magnet Neodymium
Cord Y-type, flat cord
Cord Length 1.2m
Plug L shaped stereo mini plug (Gold)
Weight (without Cord) Approx. 8g
Supplied Accessories Hybrid silicone rubber earbuds (SSx2, Sx2, Mx2, Lx2) / Noise isolation earbuds (Sx2, Mx2, Lx2), Carrying Pouch, Clip, Operating Instructions

It's an updated version of XB40EX, reviewed by Joker (3A38)

This is what Joker says about the bass

Being part of Sony’s Extra Bass (XB) series, the XB40EX was bound to be a bass-heavy earphone; the question was – how bass-heavy? Answer: very. I’ve owned one of the full-size headphones from the XB line – the MDR-XB500 – until very recently and thought they were surprisingly decent with the exception of the frequency balance, which put bass up front and recessed the mids and treble quite severely. However, if the balance of the XB500 is (+2 bass, -1 mids, -1 treble), the XB40EX is more like (+3,-2,-2). It really is very biased in favor of the low end. The result is that the XB40EX warrants lower listening levels as equating the output levels of the midrange and treble of the XB40 with those of a more balanced earphone makes the bass nauseating. Unfortunately, the 13.5mm drivers really aren’t resolving enough to maintain reasonable levels of detail and texturing at lower volumes. Balance aside, the drivers put on a good show for an earphone tuned the way the XB40EX is. Bass impact is enormous in quantity but still slightly more controlled than something like the Sennheiser CX300. Most of the bass comes in fairly high but sub-bass is not missing altogether, though it can be hard to distinguish from the ever-present blanket of mid/upper-bass.

@evilwit - It worked on a Samsung S3 that I tried it on so a Note should be just fine. It works perfectly even on an Iphone but it will not work with Nokia devices.

While the bass is great even the mid range and treble is ok. Mid range is pretty decent actually and the bass has plenty of sub bass to boot. Its for just 1.5k so its well within your budget.

@evilwit - It worked on a Samsung S3 that I tried it on so a Note should be just fine. It works perfectly even on an Iphone but it will not work with Nokia devices.

While the bass is great even the mid range and treble is ok. Mid range is pretty decent actually and the bass has plenty of sub bass to boot. Its for just 1.5k so its well within your budget.
thanks a lot!!tell me just one last what is the actual difference between c-12 and idance?and is the bass difference noticeable?and if u were in my which iem you would have gone for?as sony xb 40 and c-12 retails for the same price,which should i pick?DOUBLEPOST=1365696512][/DOUBLEPOST] all of you thanks a lot for helping me!!!

As I said I have not heard the XB40 so I can't comment on it. :(

Between the C12 and Idance there is a difference. the C12 has slightly less bass (still enough for most peoples tastes IMO) but the Idance has more 'thump' and 'impact'

The C12 has better treble and slightly more detailing while mid range is around the same. Soundstage on the C12 is also slightly wider.

Basically the C12 is a more or less neutral earphone with a slight emphasis on bass while the Idance is a bassy IEM with more emphasis on bass and so the treble is less. You can boost the treble if you want which results in a more balanced sound on the Idance.

If you love bass then I would suggest you get the Idance earphone only. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1365750294][/DOUBLEPOST]In fact after a little EQ on the Idance I am really appreciating this inexpensive IEM. If I eq the treble and reduce the bass a bit it becomes a very capable IEM. Only negative is its intimate soundstage.

The C12 is also neutral without any EQ but its main positive is its wide soundstage. However vocals are strictly average while the Idance has no real weakness other than its smaller soundstage which for many people is a plus point rather than a negative.

thanks a lot!!tell me just one last what is the actual difference between c-12 and idance?and is the bass difference noticeable?and if u were in my which iem you would have gone for?as sony xb 40 and c-12 retails for the same price,which should i pick?DOUBLEPOST=1365696512][/DOUBLEPOST] all of you thanks a lot for helping me!!!

So which one did you get...can you share your experience...?

Great ! :)

Was listening to it in detail yesterday night. Not much of a bass addict but I was really digging the bass. Just wish the treble was a bit better and it would be a killer IEM. Alas its only 1.5k so can't expect the moon or else the more expensive IEMs would never sell. :p

Back