1.5TB or 2TB HDD with warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Srini

Disciple
I am looking to purchase a 1.5TB or 2TB internal Hardidsk for my movies storage, performance not matters but looking for stable HDD with around 4-5Years warranty, preferring Seagate rather than WD because of their RMA sucks. Also this should not be certified repaired HDD and should be in perfect working condition without any bad sectors. Please PM me your offers.

Have a 1.5 TB WD15EARS Model. Purch in April 2010 - comes with 5 year warranty - 4500/- Planning to sell this and go for 1 TB SATA 3 drive( 6gb sata drive)

chetansha said:
Have a 1.5 TB WD15EARS Model. Purch in April 2010 - comes with 5 year warranty - 4500/- Planning to sell this and go for 1 TB SATA 3 drive( 6gb sata drive)
Are you sure its 5 year warranty coz EARS model comes with 3 year warranty and also is the price included of shipping?.

100% sure. it has 5 yr warranty. the 3 yr warranty was started some where in June or July. The original drive was sent for RMA cos it was DOA . They havent updated the details of the replacement on the web page yet.

Am in touch with Ravi of WD and trying to get it solved. I had purch the original drive from DVDstore Delhi.

Price does not inculde shipping. I think shipping via DTDC will be around 100

chetansha said:
100% sure. it has 5 yr warranty. the 3 yr warranty was started some where in June or July. The original drive was sent for RMA cos it was DOA . They havent updated the details of the replacement on the web page yet.

Am in touch with Ravi of WD and trying to get it solved. I had purch the original drive from DVDstore Delhi.

Price does not inculde shipping. I think shipping via DTDC will be around 100
I can go for the drive if it is brand new only and not a repaired one. Also I am facing the same problem for my 500GB external portable drive, still no shipment. DTDC I sent lot of items from Coimbatore, its very cheap, it wont be more than 80Rs.

Yesterday I got my 500GB replaced after 26 days of RMA and after 1 week of pickup.

...Bump....

How about "2 TB Seagate Barracuda LP 5900RPM SATA ST32000542A HDD". How are these drives, I am just using these drives for backup of my movies, performance does't matter but drive should be stable and data is important. Can I go for this new one?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back