1 dollar = Rs 55.0276 at paypal :(

On a kinda related topic, any good book to understand the basic concept of Economics which explains the concepts like "equity markets" "backed against securities" stuff to a noob?

memnom said:
On a kinda related topic, any good book to understand the basic concept of Economics which explains the concepts like "equity markets" "backed against securities" stuff to a noob?

If you are looking only to an basic idea, start by watching videos on Currency,Venture Capital and Capital Markets & such similar topics made by Sal:D

Khan Academy
For book, I don't have much idea. so I will let others reply to it:p

^ You could start off with this book:

Flipkart.com: Basic Economics: Book: Thomas Sowell (9788130901374)

Anyone who wants to understand all this currency jhamela can read this:

http://www.amazon.com/Currency-Wars-Making-Global-Portfolio/dp/1591844495/

Frankly, RBI knew this will happen when they decided devalue our currency by issuing new coins. What they dint expect the speed at which this will happen. They have done what every other Central bank is involved in - currency devaluation to boost exports. Just that RBI has taken quite a beating. All exporters were hedged down from 47-48 so they are literally buried with this high rates.

akhurana said:
every bank charges that ...even hdfc charges 3.5% .....

This is what I use to find the exact amount to be charged
Exchange Rates - Visa Corporate

Still looking for clarification:

I paid $36.99 to Amazon through my HDFC card on 20/09/11. My statement shows INR 1,779.70, whereas if I calculate using the above link, it should have been INR 1826.53 (which includes the transaction fee).. :huh:

Hdfc shows charges separately in bill.

They show the $ value charge and FCY conversion (foreign currency conversion) charge and education cess separately.

And yeah, SMS alert you get from bank is only for $value. Rest are only shown in bill.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

trigger said:

I paid $36.99 to Amazon through my HDFC card on 20/09/11. My statement shows INR 1,779.70, whereas if I calculate using the above link, it should have been INR 1826.53 (which includes the transaction fee).. :huh:

Might be on 21/09 then, cause it gives an exact result - 48.113095 * 36.99 = 1779.70338

As Shripad said, the extra fee will be given as separate entry.

trigger said:

The charges are based on the claim date and not bill date. If Amazon claims this amount on 22nd, you will be charged on that day's rate

Back