Storage Solutions 1 TB notebook harddisk + casing - prices ?

Re: 1 TB notebook harddisk

It is certainly possible. But why don't you get an external 1TB portable drive instead?

my budget is not that much...besides, there is always a temptation of going towards 2TB of desktop hdd in that price range..

which 2.5 inch casing is to be used and what about sata and ide option, which is better??

in that case get a desktop 1tb HDD and a 3.5" HDD casing, going for notebook HDD will increase your budget at no profit

i am using my 500gb lappy hard disk wth a casing got the 500gb hdd for cheap and i didnt want to reinstall my OS and put vista and win 7 with all the updates so made the lappy hdd as a external one

1TB 2.5" hard disks are almost impossible to get in the market. Even if available, they will also be around 4.5k+.

There are no IDE 1TB 2.5" drives. SATA is your only option.

Good SATA casings cost a bit and might end up making it a bit more than a normal 2.5" external drive. If your only purpose is an external drive, it doesn't make much sense.

Crazy_Eddy said:
1TB 2.5" hard disks are almost impossible to get in the market. Even if available, they will also be around 4.5k+.
+ 1
A 1 TB Segate GoFlex with a RCOMLSB1 coupon is your best option from Letsbuy.com

^ What exactly is your query? :S

An external 1TB 2.5" portable drive costs the same if not less than a 1TB 2.5" portable laptop drive + case, and is easily available as well.

There's nothing cheaper in the 2.5" form factor!

Back