1 Tonne Split AC Advice Needed

latinoheatx

Disciple
Hi,

I am looking forward to buy a Split AC for my rented apartment in Mumbai. The dimensions of my room are 18 ft x 12 ft x 12 ft and the AC shall be used only at night. I am thinking of buying a 1 tonne ac with budget of 25k all inclusive of installation. Need suggestions for the brand/mode and also the place (ezone/crome/VS) to buy. Will buying from Snapdeal/Fk be ok for a big home appliance, in terms of servicing issues etc later. Have never used an AC at home in the past and hence have no clues.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I am looking forward to buy a Split AC for my rented apartment in Mumbai. The dimensions of my room are 18 ft x 12 ft x 12 ft and the AC shall be used only at night. I am thinking of buying a 1 tonne ac with budget of 25k all inclusive of installation. Need suggestions for the brand/mode and also the place (ezone/crome/VS) to buy. Will buying from Snapdeal/Fk be ok for a big home appliance, in terms of servicing issues etc later. Have never used an AC at home in the past and hence have no clues.

Thanks in advance.
For Mumbai that is a huge room, 200+ sq ft with a 12 ft ceiling to boot. 1 ton may not be enough. Also sine you said rented, what is the tenure and restrictions by land lord about modification

I m renewing the lease for 11 months this April end hence tenure not a problem. Also I can see remains of a split AC wiring/piping in the room so think the landlord would be ok, but am gonna check with him anyways.
This room huge...no way I feel quite cramped with my stuff in :p. I think going above 1 tonne might be an overkill since gonna be using for nights only.

I m renewing the lease for 11 months this April end hence tenure not a problem. Also I can see remains of a split AC wiring/piping in the room so think the landlord would be ok, but am gonna check with him anyways.
This room huge...no way I feel quite cramped with my stuff in :p. I think going above 1 tonne might be an overkill since gonna be using for nights only.
What about holidays ? I would still advise, reassess the 1 ton.

1 Ton is definitely not enough! You're trying to cool 2592 cu.ft of air with 1 Ton in a tropical environment. Nights or not that AC will do no good. The compressor will hardly cut off which means it will never attain set temperature and you might regret your decision. Ideally you should have a 2 Ton. Up your budget or rent an AC till you can afford the right tonnage.

Why not Panasonic Cube 1.5T 3 Star or Onida 1.5T 3 Star? I don't know how things are today but I have 3 Onida 1.5T AC's in my house and they have worked well for the last 6 years.

Why not Panasonic Cube 1.5T 3 Star or Onida 1.5T 3 Star? I don't know how things are today but I have 3 Onida 1.5T AC's in my house and they have worked well for the last 6 years.
Oh Panasonic Cube is a split AC, I always thought is was a window AC. I can consider Onida as well. Where would you suggest to get these from(SD/FK/ezone/vsales/croma) in Mumbai (if you are in Mumbai).

Oh Panasonic Cube is a split AC, I always thought is was a window AC. I can consider Onida as well. Where would you suggest to get these from(SD/FK/ezone/vsales/croma) in Mumbai (if you are in Mumbai).

For prices in Mumbai you will have to ask a member from there... I am from Chennai

Hi
Can give you a seller from town who will turn up to be competitive than others. He is a bulk seller so don't worry about the stuff. If you can extend your budget buy o'general 1.5 ton.
I had some where seen a portable a/c 1 ton in Croma or alike. See if that suits you, but have no idea about its life expectancy.

1Ton is not enough. My previous room was simlar size(18ft x 10ft x 10ft) and I had installed 1.5Ton.
OR
You can buy the Croma/LLoyds portable AC (since you are renting) there would be no installationa hassels. Croma comes in two capacities - 1.0 Tone and 0.8 Ton for 24K and 23K approx. If possible you can put a thick curtain midway between you sleeping area and non-sleeping area(ye sit helps) and go for for 1.0 Ton. If that is not possible then you better be getting the 1.5ton capacity as 1.0 ton is way to inadequate for the room size - it will take much longer to cool the room.

Ideally if you have installed an AC of the right capacity and with all thw indows/doors closed, it will cool the room in 20mins or less.

I am going for a 1.5 tonne now thinking about the Panasonic Cube, not sure about those portable AC's will avoid.[DOUBLEPOST=1365662619][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi
Can give you a seller from town who will turn up to be competitive than others. He is a bulk seller so don't worry about the stuff. If you can extend your budget buy o'general 1.5 ton.
I had some where seen a portable a/c 1 ton in Croma or alike. See if that suits you, but have no idea about its life expectancy.
Please share.

Can't find the Cube AC anywhere online or retail shops. Is Onida worth going for?

Back