1 week old AMD X3 440 with Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H - As good as new!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SumitB

Adept
Putting up for sale the following:

AMD X3 440 Processor

Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H Rev. 1.4 Mainboard

The items come with everything that was in the original box including plastics :p

Purchased from ITWares on the 13-Jan-2011. The bill (attached) however mentions the date as 13-Feb-2011. So you get 3 weeks of extra warranty. :clap:

Purchased for Rs. 7500/- + 350/- (Shipping)

Asking Price: Rs. 7000/- + Shipping (Max. 200/-)

Reason for Selling: I got this combo to put in a rig for exclusive use as a HTPC. Intended to use Windows 7 x64 and XBMC. However, the onboard GPU HD4250 cannot cope up with my high bitrate mkv files and gives me constant pauses and keeps buffering which is not at all a good experience. I have been advised on XBMC forums to try a i3 based rig. I tried using an old E4400 processor with a Asus P5GC-VM and a HD4670 GPU and it worked without flaws. I am therefore selling this off and will get a i3 based rig. Also open to trading this with a i3 processor and a Gigabyte H55 board.

Payment: Either trade in or 100% advance through cash deposit in SBI (will attract Rs. 25/- extra) or IDBI or through NEFT.

Courier: DTDC

CPU Alone for Rs. [STRIKE]3150/- plus Shipping[/STRIKE] 3000/- SHIPPED

Mainboard Alone for Rs. [STRIKE]3850/- plus Shipping[/STRIKE] 3600/- SHIPPED

But, I sell the CPU only if someone buys the Mainboard, and vice versa. As of now, I have individual buyers for both.

Mandatory Pictures:

Edit:

Someone just pmed me that this combo is available for Rs. 6700/- in Delhi, for those who get it at that price, PLEASE buy from there. For others, this sale is open. :eek:hyeah:

Combo sold on the other forum. Sold for Rs. 6500/- shipped. Requesting mods to close the thread.

CPU Alone for Rs. 3150/- plus Shipping
Mainboard Alone for Rs. Rs. 3850/- plus Shipping

But, I sell the CPU only if someone buys the Mainboard, and vice versa. As of now, I have individual buyers for both.
Also, yesterday, I logged the events in XBMC and sent a log to the seniors at their forums. This is what they came up with.

HD5450 is a card that play ANY HD video and audio formats flawlessly....

we can't always say why this + that worked...

but we know that the HD5xxx series is the card to get for HTPC ATI lovers...

This was in reply to a question of mine asking why the E4400 paired with a cheap P5GC-MX worked with XBMC without glitches. I really want to avoid using an additional GPU. Thus, I want to first give the i3 setup a shot.

I am adding this information as I don't want prospective buyers to think that there is something fishy going on here! :p

A little bit off-topic, but have you tried enabling DXVA? Use K-lite Codec Pack and enable H.264 DXVA when they ask. I have got x264 20 Mbps files to play on laptop Nvidia IGP that way. I can't see a i3 IGP helping at all.

@OP.. The mobo is perfectly capable of hardware accelerating x264 & even BluRay discs using onboard GPU... It supports UVD2.0 which is fully capable....

The AMD X3 440 is on hold for someone on the other forum. He is supposed to make the payment on Monday.

The board is still available.

Edit

Nothing on hold anymore. Won't hold it anymore. Whoever pays gets it.

Also, price dropped.

Processor - 3000/- SHIPPED

Board - 3600/- SHIPPED

If not sold, I am keeping these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back