10-20k Budget for Speakers

Hi ,

I am looking for speakers between the 10-20k range. I am heavily into Movies , Heavy Metal Music and would soon be connecting a PS3 to this speaker system.

The volume has to be loud (surrounding environment reasons) , excellent SQ is paramount.

I am not sure whether to go for 2.1 or 5.1. Please help and suggest. My plan was to go for Z5500 but i am unsure.

using Z5500 for last six months.......

quite impressive than others .........but may be not the best..
But provide variety of input options...
Over all very good performance for gaming,movies & music

Z5500 is really good for the money, but the only downside(well,atleast in my case) is that ALL the sets i had with me had probs with control pod backlight dying.

If u can stretch the budget to 22k or so, u can get Onkyo S3200 HTiB, but if 20k is the final, go for Z5500.With 2 years warranty, u should be fine for a ride with the beast.

Could you link me to spec sheets for the Onkyo. I assume the Onkyo would sound much better than the Z5500 ? Audio quality is important for me, i will be playing back mostly FLAC audio files (definite no no to mp3)

@RedBull : will be using this with the PS3 right now, gonna set up a new HTPC rig soon (sound card suggestions welcome)

But i really need to decide by mid April or so... So i urge you guys to plz help me out ! Somehow the Z5500 doesnt seem to appeal to me though those are the ones i've wanted to get for a while...

Connections wise : i'll be connecting the PS3, HTPC to it and it should preferably also have 1-2 line in sockets.

In a long run entry level Onkyo HTIB would be obvious choice for your multiple requirement inputs.
Sound and punch wise Loghitec z5500 beats Onkyo Entry level Htib.
But then onkyo have more inputs and if you have a receiver you may just keep adding various components.

Hi,

I'm looking for the same solution as TS do, And I'v read over and over again the same conflict Z5500 or Onkyo HT-S3200,

Can anyone compare the both of them in terms of Sound output, googled it lot but can't find any comparable review any link will be helpful,

Many respected & knowledgeable forum member said Z5500 is a boom box,As the music is boomy and delayed in the rear channel, Is it true?
where as 3200 is not so good in explosion & stuff....and vice versa to Z5500 ...Any one used/test both.
HT3200 is a HT, Is it setup is costly, I mean user have to buy so many Pass through Cable.

Even I wanted an Onkyo HT 3200 for music sometime back, but ended up with a AE5 2.0 which beats the crap out of any sub 50k HT.

^rite's theory is good and when it comes to movies and games, any entry level HT system would beat his A5's arse to the moon. Your best bet is an entry level AVR and a set of 5.1 speakers for it.

so getting back to my question.... i can stretch it to 24-25k if i get something REALLY GOOD. But u guys have to help me get a system set up :)

-posted from my N900

Bose Companion 5 really works great...comes at 20k...u can get virtuall 5.1...and very clear sound...u wont need any sound card also

^another bose fanboy .... did i see someone get a pair of wharfdale bookshelves and a norge amplifier for 20k in the showoff section am also going for 2 bookshelfs and an amp to listen to music and probably add on to make it 5.1 in the future...

Back