PC Peripherals 10 CPU Cooler's Compared

Rockyme2002

Skilled
Mar 17, 2005
Mumbai
Well.......for guys getting cooler's, thot this wud b useful....

BTW no XP90 benchy...... :huh:
Conclusion

The Vanessa (L-Type) by Titan stands out, for its particularly good cooling capacity and extravagant design features. The Sonic Tower by Thermaltake also boasts an impressive cooling capacity, and if passive operation isn't feasible, an optional 120 mm fan can be added, albeit at an additional cost.

If you don't have a lot of space in your computer, the CNPS7700 Cu from Zalman is a good option, offering good cooling capacity with minimal noise emission at a reasonable price. Athlon XP users would do well to go for NorthQ's NQ 3312 model: it can be installed even on Socket A motherboards without retention module holes.

The losers in this test were the Vortex TX from Cooler Master and the StarIce from Asus :tongue: . In both cases, either the cooling capacity was too low or the noise level was too high.

Makes me think, why do v get stuff in INDIA , which is POS ONLY :rofl:

Source

Reactions: 1 person

Rockyme2002

Skilled
Mar 17, 2005
Mumbai
Hmmm....thts wht i was saying, v get the Starice here, which looks like THE BEST POS ;)

but wht can v do,

posted this mainly cuz many here on TE were thinkin of buying frm US recently..........shud get them more confused :eek:hyeah: on wht to get now . heheheh

deejay

Skilled
Feb 9, 2005
I got a Zalman CNPS7000 CU on my rig and am happy with its performance.
ps: so if any of you guys who have asus "starice" and wanna sell it cheaply kindly contact / email me. i require many heatsinks with heat tubes for my experiment / project of fan less m/b cooling.(not the cpu).

Anish

Skilled
May 9, 2005
Goa, India.
www.anishsood.com
Ok, this may sound stupid but why would anyone want to change their HS when the stock one works pretty fine. Even at 2.2Ghz my stock AMD fan keeps my 3000+ at about 47-51 degrees in the Goa heat. It runs at about 4-4.5k RPM...

Chaos

Skilled
Jan 29, 2005
For me the big reason was silence. The stock HSF made such an irritating whine... (It was one of the first AMDs in the market and had a 70mm delta on top of the HS.) This thing would spin at 7k rpm and would cause my cabinet door that hides the drives to rattle. Now with the 92mm fan running at 2600 rpm, its barely audible. Temps are way down as well.

Shripad

ex-Mod
Mar 17, 2005
Class M Planet
ALL I can say is I am yet to see my venice and winchester to cross 50C full load with starice.
Soo many other reviewers data and the Toms observations are mismatching a lot.
I dont know but I dont trust toms.
I have posted all my readings a while ago.
Ya noise factor is there but performance on my A64s is like it should be. nice and cool.