Budget 90k+ $1000 Gaming Laptop to buy from US. Need suggestions !

delhiboy1

Disciple
I need suggestions to buy a 1000$ Gaming Laptop in the US.
Plan is to use it for playing offline single person FPS games - COD, Battlefield etc and for video editing in Adobe Rush/Premiere.

Please share some suggestions- have been out of the gaming scene for a long while now.

I recommend Lenovo Legion 5 Gen 6.
It has several configurations.
Lenovo Legion 5 Gen 6 AMD Laptop, 17.3" FHD IPS 144Hz, Ryzen 5 5600H, GeForce RTX 3060 6GB, 16GB, 1TB SSD - $1,365 https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lenovo-Legion-5-Gen-6 -AMD-Laptop-17-3-FHD-IPS-144Hz-Ryzen-5-5600H-GeForce-RTX-3060-6GB-16GB-1TB-SSD-Win-11-Home/857373947(slightly over your budget)
Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05 82B500FVUS 15.6" Gaming Notebook - Full HD - 1920 x 1080 - AMD Ryzen 5 4600H Hexa-core (6 Core) 3 GHz - 8 GB RAM - 1 TB HDD - 256 GB SSD - $999 https://www. walmart.com/ip/Lenovo-Legion-5-15ARH05-82B500FVUS-15-6-Gaming-Notebook-Full-HD-1920-x-1080-AMD-Ryzen-4600H-Hexa-core-6-Core-3- GHz-8-GB-RAM-1-TB-HDD-256-SSD-Phantom-/510552333(Good for the money, but worse in terms of performance) Take your pick.Within $1000 this is the best option.The rest will be either more expensive, or worse quality, or worse in terms of parameters.

+1 for Legion 5 or ASUS Zephyrus G14 for gaming. But they do generate a whole lot of heat and drain battery relatively quickly while editing/rendering 4k sequences.
If you're into serious video editing, M1 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM is an efficient workhorse that doesn't need to be plugged in and runs cool.

Getting the best of both worlds will have a hefty pricetag like the Razer Blade 15 or ASUS ROG Strix Scar.

Gl.

So I am using a pretty basic HP Laptop , 11th Gen i3, 2*4Gb Dual Channel RAM, 256Gb Micron nvme & my movie files are stored on a pretty slow/average external PNY SSD.

I'm using Adobe Rush currently and a 8-10 min 4K60 video takes about an hour to render.. I do some basic stuff- clipping shots, add some animation , music etc.
You can have a look at my channel here : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmcczKVyej-0FLuAS7EPIHA , to get an idea of the edits I do..

Will I be seeing a major improvement in render time if I upgrade to a Laptop with a discrete Gfx card like the 3060?

Or alternatively, what could I change in my current HP config- add more RAM, or a bigger SSD, to get a more VFM bang for my buck?

Glad to find another Youtuber!

I have a desktop with which I edit and render videos. One tip from my side is that for YouTube, 1080p Full HD resolution video upload is more than enough since most folks watch videos on their cell phones.
For me, a 5 minute 4K video with all effects and transitions take around 6 mins and a Full HD video takes around 2 mins to render. Do give it a try and see if your render times are down to few minutes.

My GTX1070 was not a bottleneck, CPU and RAM was! So upgraded to 32GB 3600MHz RAM and things are smooth now.

Both for 1249$ each
Keep an eye on https://www.reddit.com/r/LaptopDeals/

I need suggestions to buy a 1000$ Gaming Laptop in the US.
Plan is to use it for playing offline single person FPS games - COD, Battlefield etc and for video editing in Adobe Rush/Premiere.

Please share some suggestions- have been out of the gaming scene for a long while now.
Buy Eurocom from Canada.. Best config options and best customer support. If some RAM / SSD are constly, buy the barebone and add it yourself. Check it . I am not sure if they use clevo barebone or build it themselves... but I have used one . best https://eurocom.com/ec/main()ec

Which is the barebones model you are referring to? I only see the cheapest model which is 1500$ odd..
I have not updated myself on current specs or prices neither on the site or market. What I say is, It had one of the best build. and also it worked out cheaper for me a few years ago... If you do some permutation / combination on CPU and other hardware, you may get a better price. but I had a bigger budget then. I think I got my laptop for 1,30,000 then for i7- 6700K, 32 GB, RAM, 500GB Samsung NVme ssd, GTX 1070 GPU, 2 TB HDD.. some of them I got from amazon. Thing is you can use desktop CPUs and (desktop performance ) GPUs on these Clevo barebone models. and you can add more hardware later. upgrade it

Glad to find another Youtuber!

I have a desktop with which I edit and render videos. One tip from my side is that for YouTube, 1080p Full HD resolution video upload is more than enough since most folks watch videos on their cell phones.
Youtube algorithm promotes videos which are in 4k for high res viewers like macbook, imac, iPad pro, 4k display laptops and 4k tvs. The impact is currently small but you should be future proof. Most developed country viewers these days use a high res display especially if they are not watching from a smartphone. Even if you shoot and edit in 1080p, always render your video in 4k.

I made a few changes to my setup : Had been editing on a 11th Gen i3 laptop from HP with 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD and source files on an external PNY SSD.
The experience was a bit hair-splitting.

Shifted to my NUC i3 8th Gen, but with 2*16Gb DDR4 2400 RAM & WD Blue 1 Tb nvme with source files on an external PNY SSD - better, but still no joy.

On a hunch, copied all my source files to the internal SSD & voila- what a pleasant change- 4K editing has never been pretty smooth !!
I render output to the external SSD now.

OTOH, 1080p editing is a complete breeze & MUCH quicker on this setup.

I plan to stick with 4K for now, seeing that atleast the NUC is able to chug along.

On a sidenote, can I get the HP tech support to come & install the 32gb RAM & maybe even the WD 1TB nvme, to my Laptop ? I will of course, remove these from my NUC. My laptop is still under the 1 year original warranty & I got the 2 yr extended warranty pack as well.

Thank you all for the suggestions & advice on this one. Much appreciated !

Back