10000+ sms

sagarahuja

Disciple
Guys I do a lot texting. So I need a phone with good messaging capacity of 10000+ sms without slowing down a bit.
Besides messaging capacity, I need 3G, Wi-Fi, 3.2Mpx or above, etc.

I have already check Nokia E-series like E72, E71, E63 etc. and other phones like N97, N96, N95, 5800 XPRESS Music, but these symbian phones slow down after 4000+ sms.

I have heard that windows phone have a great messaging storing capacity and infact have checked my friends HTC viva having about 6000 inbox messages and 3500+ sent messages and it doesn't slow down a bit.

Range : Around 16k

Suggestions Welcomed.

If you need windows mobile and good texting , Samsung OmniaPro B7320 ~ 12-13k comes to mind . Windows Mobile , has a 3.2MP Camera , WiFi , 3G and a qwerty keypad .

sagarahuja said:
Guys I do a lot texting. So I need a phone with good messaging capacity of 10000+ sms without slowing down a bit.

Besides messaging capacity, I need 3G, Wi-Fi, 3.2Mpx or above, etc.

I have already check Nokia E-series like E72, E71, E63 etc. and other phones like N97, N96, N95, 5800 XPRESS Music, but these symbian phones slow down after 4000+ sms.

I have heard that windows phone have a great messaging storing capacity and infact have checked my friends HTC viva having about 6000 inbox messages and 3500+ sent messages and it doesn't slow down a bit.

Range : Around 16k

Suggestions Welcomed.

H2O said:
Just a suggestion. Why don't you backup your messages ? If they are so important to you.
I dont think he will ever ever need to back up his SMS's .He must be searching them through thousand messeges for reference :) Lol and must be on the move person with chauffeur driving him.His hands always busy as usual to be bothered with useless nuisances as driving or traffic.

Boy with that amount of messaging you could as well try your luck writing a book. You need Phone with oddles of ram and crunching Processing power.

Buy a android phone( Spica, i5800, Tattoo.), install SMS Backup on it. It will automatically backup all your messages to your GMail account ( it will create a new SMS folder in your gmail account ).

This way all your messages will be there in gmail. You can search them right from your phone, PC, or any other device that supports simple browsing.

This way you wont have to do manual backup, you dont have to worry about loosing your SMS in case of phone loss, theft or hardware failure, you dont have to worry about migrating your SMS to new phone when you change it in the future, and these phones are perfectly capable of handling 1000s of messages as well.

I would suggest you pickup Samsung Spica from ebay.in while stock lasts.

Shripad said:
Buy a android phone( Spica, i5800, Tattoo.), install SMS Backup on it. It will automatically backup all your messages to your GMail account ( it will create a new SMS folder in your gmail account ).

This way all your messages will be there in gmail. You can search them right from your phone, PC, or any other device that supports simple browsing.

This way you wont have to do manual backup, you dont have to worry about loosing your SMS in case of phone loss, theft or hardware failure, you dont have to worry about migrating your SMS to new phone when you change it in the future, and these phones are perfectly capable of handling 1000s of messages as well.

Wow seems like a perfect ad for Spica :p

spirit said:
Totally agreed :).. why ppl want to keep 10,000 messages in their mobile :)
Irrelevant I feel. The OP had a question, and why he would want to keep 10K or 1 lac messages in his phone is a personal decision. He might have some use which others might not :)

If you need windows mobile and good texting , Samsung OmniaPro B7320 ~ 12-13k comes to mind . Windows Mobile , has a 3.2MP Camera , WiFi , 3G and a qwerty keypad .
Thanks. But I have seen this phone before, and I don't like it's looks.

Well windows mobile slows after 50sms only...I would suggest Blackberry...haven't observed slowdown with increasing number of SMS...
No, it's not the case. I already posted that I have seen in HTC VIVA about 6000 inbox messages.
But no offence, may be some fault in that particular device that you checked. By the way, What's the model no. that you checked?

Get a blackberry.
I'm thinking about it also, but it doesn't offer a good camera in a reasonable price.
Secondly, I'm not sure about the message storage limit. I have checked that option "To keep messages FOREVER", but have also heard that Blackberry OS automatically deletes messages to free memory.

Nokia s40 is good with mesgs..
No, not at all. Symbian phones slow down very soon as the no. of messages increases especially s40 series. Also, have mentioned in my post that about symbian phones like E72, E71, etc.

Used iPhone 3G/3GS, could be a bit over budget but you will not regret it as it has got amazing search feature specially searching among 10000 messages.
Yeah, budget is the main factor that's pushing me down from iphone.

Just a suggestion. Why don't you backup your messages ? If they are so important to you.
I'm already doing it since last 3years. So, I want one that helps me getting over this issue.

Seems good. But I really don't want to merge my accounts
By the way, what's the message storage capacity of android phones?
I dont think he will ever ever need to back up his SMS's .He must be searching them through thousand messeges for reference Lol and must be on the move person with chauffeur driving him.His hands always busy as usual to be bothered with useless nuisances as driving or traffic.

Boy with that amount of messaging you could as well try your luck writing a book. You need Phone with oddles of ram and crunching Processing power.
^^ 10k sms??
Thanks. But I text a lot in sms's. My messages reaches in thousands in less 2months.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Back