1080p goodness in a small package

raksrules

Elite
Finally bought my new laptop. Sony Vaio S15

3rd Gen i5 Proccy / 6GB RAM / 640 GB HDD / 1GB Nvidia Graphics / 1080p 15.5" IPS Display

Laptop is sleek and lghtweight for a 15.5". Screen is gorgeous. Since i am coming from 768p screen it is bit uncomfortable initially. Might reduce the resolution to 900p and see if it is ok.
Also since i have been using toshiba laptop for a long time, i have got used to the keys and know the positions of the Home, End etc keys. here they are different.
Also no button on trackpad is new for me. But i usually use a wireless mouse, so it is non issue.
The numeric keypad is also new for me. Have always used laptops which did not have them.

Damages: 949 $ all inclusive. Now i will be filling the rebate form to get 100$ back from sony. So price might go down to 849$. Lets see.

W5TKP.jpg

yoW5n.jpg

xsBxG.jpg

3CSRF.jpg

70K for i5 version with 4GB RAM. which one is yours ?

Amazon listing copying here..

[h=1]Sony VAIO S Series SVS15113FXB 15.5 LED Notebook Intel Core i5-3210M 2.5 GHz 6GB DDR3 640GB HDD DVD-Writer NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M LE Bluetooth Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Black[/h]

Wonderful purchase mate !!
yes,the full HD screen will take a day or two to settle down on the eyes

I'm using the Vaio EB36 for the past almost 2yrs now and the full HD screen is just goregous compared to my AOC monitor that i use for my desktop(Feels crappy :p)

@Spacescreamer, it may not be true because you can see difference in full HD even on 18.5" screen while running the Videos (I've never used it but this is what my friend has said)

Last edited by a moderator:
So finally you bought it raksrules :p Congos :)

14" vs 15.6"

PS: India Vs US !!

Yeah, was all time convincing myself...why 1080p ?? do i need it ?? Isn't it expensive ?? and what not
Then it was flash decision ans yes the sony rebate too was good. As it is this laptop was a fall back choice right from before, but that time i was going for another lower config. But figured that after the rebate the cost will be same for both config so took the higher one.

Yeah, was all time convincing myself...why 1080p ?? do i need it ?? Isn't it expensive ?? and what not
Then it was flash decision ans yes the sony rebate too was good. As it is this laptop was a fall back choice right from before, but that time i was going for another lower config. But figured that after the rebate the cost will be same for both config so took the higher one.

Good that you went for it.

Whole TE was brought on knees to convince you for 1080p :p

Back