Budget 10-15K 12-16k Decent mid-range for everyday use

calvin1719

Mostly harmless.
Adept
Please help out with some suggestions and recommendations. I'm not too experienced at buying phones so if there's anything I should check or be aware of please let me know.

1. Budget?
A: Upto 12K, can maybe stretch to 15-16k if it's really worth it

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: Has to be 1080p at least, a smaller display is better. Ideally <6in but that's doubtful so I'll settle for between 6 and 6.5, lower is better. Don't really care about the tech, as long as it has decent readability in the sun.

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, etc).
A: Android, recent version, doesn't need to be the latest. Has to be mostly stock OR have custom ROM support.

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G minimum, 5G a plus but not required.

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Leaning towards Motorola due to near vanilla AOSP ROMs. Was considering Nokia, but most of their phones don't have FHD displays.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Browsing, productivity tasks, YT, discord, etc. No heavy gaming, but does need to have good battery life. Don't care about camera quality, anything will be good enough for the occasional functional photo etc.

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Prefer buying online.

9. Any other requirements?
A:
- Good battery backup
- Ideally at least 6 GB RAM (dedicated hardware, not the swap space marketing BS that's being called "RAM" nowadays).
- 3.5mm jack
- microSD slot
- Dual speakers are a plus but might give it a miss if it's not possible within budget.
- Don't want to buy anything with a Unisoc SOC.
- Type C charging port

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Moto g32, g52

What was your verdict on the x4 pro? I can see it for 15 on fk right now for the lower variant.
There is a poco X5 pro 256gb available + ₹1500 card discount + ₹500-₹4000 (firedrops coupon paid) etc.
I got it for ₹15106.

18999 (deal price)
- 791 (no cost emi)
- 1500 (ICICI CC)
+ 49 (offer handling fee)
+ 49 (secured packaging)
- 2000 (₹300 paid for firedrops coupon)

There is a poco X5 pro 256gb available + ₹1500 card discount + ₹500-₹4000 (firedrops coupon paid) etc.
I got it for ₹15106.

18999 (deal price)
- 791 (no cost emi)
- 1500 (ICICI CC)
+ 49 (offer handling fee)
+ 49 (secured packaging)
- 2000 (₹300 paid for firedrops coupon)
I hadn't heard of firedrops before today, not sure if that's any good.

Anyway, while that looks like a decent deal, 15k is closer to the top end of what I wanted to spend, and I'm not willing to go that high unless it gets me something I really want, like a phone and not a phablet. If 10k is going to get me the same 165mm 180-200g brick as 15k, I'm not going to spend 5 extra on stuff I have no use for.

For now, I've dropped the plan of buying anything. The problem I was facing with my current phone (ghost touches) turned out to be a bug in LineageOS. I've flashed Pixel Experience and it vanished.

Back