Budget 90k+ 13/14in Laptop from Canada, general use

JK2

Recruit
  • What's your Budget? (e.g. >30K, not more than 50K etc.)
Less than CAD $1.8k for models available in Canada(~ INR 1.1L)
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? (e.g. web surfing/office apps/Casual Gaming)
Screen quality - conducive to extended reading - practically entire day
NO Gaming
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? (e.g. Do you want a 17" desktop replacement or you want an ultraportable 12" or something in between)
13/14"
Sturdy built is important
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? (e.g some would prefer to stay away from Acer or Dell)
Would prefer brands with international warranty - plan to get it from Canada - Brand and Extended Warranty should be valid in India as well
  • Any other considerations? (e.g Battery life; Widescreen/non-widescreen; Glossy/Matte screen etc.)
Desired config (16gb, AMD preferred, 512gb SSD)
Considering these popular models, pros/ cons of these would help

Dell XPS 13 (heard heating issues, limited ports),
Dell Inspiron 14 7000,
Asus Zephyrus G14,
Open to any other suggestions as well

The Zephyrus G14 should be your instant pick.

It has a great build quality, respectable cooling performance, subdued looks and you'll be getting Asus' international warranty. You can easily grab a Ryzen 7 variant with 1660Ti w/16GB RAM and 512GB SSD under 1,500 CAD.

@JK2 Sorry for hijacking your thread.

I am in a similar quandary. I am looking for a laptop for myself --> Heavy torrents usage / Viewing Streaming content / Casual gamer ( once in a while ). Budget --> 1700-1800 CAD.

Should I be looking at Microsoft Surface series for above requirements or should I stick to regular laptops from makers like Dell / HP / Asus / Lenovo etc?

Zephyrus G14, no questions asked.
My friend has it and the build quality is amazing.
For price, it provides good specs and is easy on the eye while doing it + international warranty.

If you don't do gaming then check for the Microsoft surface/Microsoft surface pro.
Great, lightweight, and portable.
Overall a great contender for your use case.

Back