14-year-old steals Airplane

Haste

Proxy Warrior
Adept
A 14-year-old boy stole a Cessna and went on a late-night joy ride, taking off and landing twice before being arrested.

The teen allegedly took his mother’s van from their home Wednesday night and drove to the airport in Fort Payne about five miles away. He said he then found the key in the unlocked plane, removed the Cessna’s tie-downs, started the engine, and began driving around.

He suffered minor cuts and bruises on the second landing because the plane came down hard, causing the landing gear to collapse and the propeller to dig into a road beside the airport.

The teen, who had never before flown a plane, was in the air for nearly 30 minutes. Police charged him with theft and took him to a juvenile lockup. The teen was not identified because of his age.

Authorities said the theft raised questions about security.

Source: MSNBC

But wait.... See the talent. IT is not easy to land a plane. Even with training. and this guy did it twice???

I admire him..... OIf course, I would not want to break rules or steal a plane. But I wopuld have land a plane at 14.

The BIG question is how could a plane be taken away so easily........But yes his talent has to be appreciated.......a 14 year old drove a plane........and we just possibly drive small cars like Indicas n maybe some mid-sized sedans like Esteems.not even SUVs and here.......Kudos to his talent though not appreciative of what he did

Back