16:10

Shripad

ex-Mod
Finally after years of using TV as a monitor, changing times and type of future work dictated need of a high resolution IPS monitor.

I really wanted to go for HP's new offerings but looking at the state of after sales service ( in case of HP, lack of it coupled with horrid pricing ), I decided to buy U2410 even after reading all the horror stories regarding this panel in particular.

Received it a while back, and like many others, it had really bad pink tint issue. Gave call to dell and got it replaced the next day. Havent had time over last few days to post this here. Finally got some free time today and so here it is :D

Replaced panel thankfully is almost flawless ( dont go by red tint in pics, its because of flash + anti-glare coating on monitor )

The trust I put on dell customer service paid off.

3304bc8b8121ba9c.jpg
3304bc8b810f2e89.jpg
3304bc8b812de7c6.jpg
3304bc8b813c3d8d.jpg
3304bc8b814c362c.jpg

Damages : Slightly less than 30K delivered.

16:10 FTW! Congrats Shripad :) Looks nice. I can't stand 16:9 in LCDs, i'd rather stick with a 22" 16:10 instead of a 16:9 24".

The colours look amazing :O. Pays to get a S-IPS panel. Congrats ..By the ways what's the warranty on this .Normal 3 yrs or 5 ?

Shripad , could you share the wallpaper please ?

Warranty is standard 3 years premium panel advanced replacement warranty ( zero bright spot, zero dead pixel replacement guarantee ). You can upgrade it to 5 years by paying some more, but I dont even know if I will keep it past 3 years :p So didnt bother with it, and if I feel like it, I can get it extended.

here is the wallpaper.

blr_p said:
Flash he says (!) i don't see no flash in the last two pics at all.

It looks quite nice :)

Nah, last 2 pics are fine as you can see. in first 2, you can notice slight reddish tint all over the panel, thats because of anti-glare coating + flash. ( you will see it provided your monitor can reproduce it :p )

blr_p said:
i'm reading its an H-IPS instead of an S-IPS

Does this matter, i dunno which is better :huh:

Different variations of IPS panels have been debated on the basis of pixel aperture i.e the spacing between the pixels on the panel. Although some claim that the differences are nil and that different manufacturers name the panels based on their tech i.e they are essentially the same.

TFTCentral has a good explanation on this subject.

^^Nah, its only when you take pics that it shows up unless you get panel with that issue like I did with my first one.

See what I mean by effects of flash on the pics.

Here is one with flash.

3304bc9ad84d9526.jpg

Without flash.

3304bc9ad8448700.jpg

And about the panel issue. See how bad the original panel was with all the bleeding and pink tint on right side corners.

3304bc9ad840f962.jpg

This is new panel that I got replaced from dell the next day.

3304bc9ad855937d.jpg

3304bc9ad84d9526.jpg

With this pic its little more clear what you mean by tint.

Funny, i wonder why it happes only with the dell, the other one seems fine.

Back